MX Reviews

Updated May 5, 2021

4.8
MX CEO Ryan Caldwell (no image)
Ryan Caldwell
Pros
  • "Competitive, but casual work environment(in 7 reviews)

• "They provide free food for their employees and buy dinner if you need to stay late(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The growing pains are rough sometimes(in 6 reviews)

• "MX isn’t for everyone, it’s hard work and can be challenging in many ways(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great Company

May 4, 2021 - Product Data Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Value you as an employee and they invest in your growth.

Cons

Hard to negotiate offer during hiring process.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Organization Left Leaning

May 5, 2021 - Frontend Engineer in Lehi, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits. The benefits are amazing! The facility is pretty awesome. You really get the feeling you are working somewhere important. Also, the community is quite awesome. The people are super nice and usually pretty real.

Cons

I left because I didn't have confidence in the maintainability of the software moving forward. There is a huge emphasis on the employees and the assumption is that if you take care of the employees you will end up with a good product. This seems good but I also noticed the existence of a quite large bug economy and tons of dead code. Also, the code was confusing with poor names and almost zero standardization to keep a reader from getting lost in the 40 or so methodologies used to construct the thing. There is a sense that we need to go fast which ultimately made a huge unhealthy mess.

3. 5.0

Smooth Interview and Onboarding Experience

May 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

My experience with recruiting went incredibly smoothly. I was kept up to date on the process, and had clarity about what each interview would be like. Overall an excellent experience.

Cons

In the interview process, no cons come to mind.

4. 5.0

MX is all about values

Apr 6, 2021 - Program Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture. Everyone lives by the company values - Purposeful contribution. Exuberance for life. Founder mindset. Foundation of trust. Objectivity in discourse. Cognizance. Iterative innovation. - Aligning the organization across core values facilitates a streamlined workflow with happy and meaningful contributors. Everyone knows the rules of the game and how to do well.

Cons

I'm from a coastal city and MX salaries are adjusted for Utah. The sticker shock was a lot at first, but after doing an analysis of what I "take home" with cost of living, tax, etc. I realized that I am able to save more living in Utah making slightly less than I was in SF spending a full paycheck on rent.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Working Towards A Goal

Apr 16, 2021 - Product Data Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

MX is very driven to achieve their vision and mission! If you are someone that works hard and can put your mind into a goal, you are in the right place here.

Cons

With such lofty goals, getting a vision to trickle down to every part of the company is difficult. Some decisions are harder to understand with not getting as much information as we used to.

6. 5.0

Amazing Culture - REALLY

May 4, 2021 - Senior Talent Partner
      Business Outlook

Pros

So far, the interview and onboarding process has been amazing. This is a company rooted in its values.

Cons

Nothing to report here yet

7. 5.0

So impressed!

Apr 20, 2021 - Executive Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Onboarding has been seamless and interactive. The information and tools provided day 1 are incredibly comprehensive, well thought out and easily accessible.

Cons

Hiring process was quite long, but these was ease in communication and updates.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very good hiring experience!

Apr 9, 2021 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

The overall hiring process was professional, fun, energetic, and transparent. From the first call, I could sense this is a company that knows who they are and what they stand for. They know the value they bring to the world and it showed in their humble confidence throughout the recruitment process. That's something rare and cannot be faked. From day one, I wanted to be a part of this company.

Cons

The interview process took a bit long (7-8 interviews). While every interview was fantastic and I was told what to expect afterward, it would've been good to know from the start what the overall process would be from end to end to avoid any anxiety.

9. 4.0

Awesome Company

May 4, 2021 - Data Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing experience and culture. I love how they are always looking to plan ahead and improve the experience of their employees

Cons

The interviewing process is unique and identifies the best fits for the company. But the scheduling and length of it could be improved.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Such an amazing company to work for!

Apr 21, 2021 - People & Culture Partner
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Positive work environment -People who care about their work -Great benefits

Cons

Haven't come across any yet

Viewing 1 - 10 of 159 Reviews