MX Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 24, 2019

4.1
Ryan Caldwell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great products and some great people working at MX" (in 6 reviews)

• "There are lots of talented and smart people" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "The growing pains are rough sometimes" (in 5 reviews)

• "MX isn’t for everyone, it’s hard work and can be challenging in many ways" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Exceptional hiring process + Company culture!"

Current Employee - Business Operations Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Business Operations Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

MX has SEVEN values that they live and speak by from day to day. These aren't the "we have them, and maybe they are brought up once a quarter." They are brought up daily in conversation and discussion on how we go about things as a company and each in their respective roles. It's refreshing to be somewhere that really cares about culture and driving/moving forward - they truly practice what they preach!

Cons

No cons up to this point

Advice to Management

Nothing at this point

2. "A Lot of Mixed Feelings"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Lehi, UT

I worked at MX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits. Great entry level positions and opportunities to move into technical roles with code-camp backgrounds. Some really great coworkers.

Cons

There's a fair amount of misogyny especially around upper-level management. The pay structure is very opaque and promotions can take months to go through. Concerns and criticism seem to be taken lightly.

Advice to Management

The general "we care about your opinion and value transparency" rouse has to go.

3. "Vibrant growing company with lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Happy MXer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Happy MXer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MX has provided me with lots of opportunity to expand my skill set, look more closely at data and analytics, and learn from gracious and experienced leaders. I love the people and their passion for the mission.

Cons

Just normal growing pains as we double and triple our user base, add more team members and expand our footprint in the FinTech industry.

Advice to Management

Continue the journey financially strong.

4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Office Operations Assistant in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Office Operations Assistant in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- wonderful culture and values
    - foooood
    - great people

Cons

- none! I love working at MX

Advice to Management

great job!

Apr 10, 2019 – Director of Talent

Thanks for all that you do! We value feedback and are happy that you are building MX!

5. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Lehi, UT

I worked at MX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Seasoned team leader with Fortune 500 experience

Cons

None that I can think of

6. "Amazing company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview process was really great! Even though you have to do quite a few interviews it doesn't feel overwhelming. You get to meet a lot of people and really get a feel for how amazing the company is and how wonderful the people that work here are.

Cons

I can honestly say there are not any cons for my hiring process. If I had to come up with something I would say the interviewing process can feel like in the beginning but you actually appreciate everything because you see how much they care about making sure you will be happy here.

Sep 12, 2018 – Director of Talent

Love the feedback and your openness to MX taking the necessary steps to ensure a great fit on both sides. We're thrilled to have you and look forward to building with you!

"have respect for the little people"

Current Employee - Administrative
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at MX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

working on some good products with some really smart people

Cons

there is no work life balance

Advice to Management

i don't have a big role at the company but it still upsets me when one of the executive team has something challenging happening in their lifes and we are all expected to make a big deal and pray about it. but when one of us who is lower on the corporate rung has something in our families we can't even ask to leave on time. i pray for them. i pray really hard. but it's getting harder for em to respect anyone here beause i have a very sick family member that i want to see and i can't do it because i'm just expected to work overtime every night. when i started i loved this company and its mission but i see the gap between the executives and the rest of us. it's hurtful. and now i even question my faith.

Sep 13, 2018 – People@MX

If you have a sick family member that needs more of your time, please speak with your manager about your situation, and/or reach out directly to People Operations. We have several team members who... More

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I worked at MX full-time

Pros

Free lunch 2 Days a week. Yay!

Cons

The sales department was a very hostile environment managed by fear based tactics and micro management. Management all the way up to the C-Suite had unrealistic expectations. The CEO has his hand in every department and leaders from each department are afraid to “Lead” for fear of loosing their job so they end up being “managers” who just manage to the CEO’s expectations.

With a nice round of investors dollars the CFO decided to mass hire sales reps this was his solution to grow the revenues. Just hire more reps .... works if you have a system and process for maket penetration and if the market is large enough for that type of expansion however, management quickly realized that that was not the right approach so there was a mass lay off.

The culture is fake. Frivolous spending seemed to be a norm however, it was not focused around the right objective. It was to inflate and flex as if the culture at MX was amazing and that the company was doing better financially than it really was with hopes of luring in other poor souls to work there. The dollars should’ve been going into the mandatory integration partners/ Online banking and mobile banking providers... or front end account based marketing, online marketing, lead generation, ADM org or anything to assist in penetrating the market at a faster rate than competition. Most banks loved the personal finance mangagment (PFM) software that MX developed, it really is a wonderful app that banks and credit unions alike wanted to provide to their end users (customers/members). The difficulty was not to make potential customers excited about the software, the difficulty came when we had to tell these financial institutions that we had no integrations into their onine or mobile banking environment but that they could set it up as a separate page on their website and have folks toggle over to it and the re-authenticate... this approach was not suitable for highly secure and risk adverse financial institutions. Most would not agree to signing a contract. Some would sign an agreement but with the caveat That they would pay upon implementation if and only if the there was an integration between MX and. Their online and mobile banking providers.

It was a heavy lift to get pen to paper in many cases and then once we did get folks to sign, good luck getting paid the commission. In fact, even when a customer would finally pay MX, you would have to chase down your commission check from finance and then battle it out until you’d get paid out the correct amount that you had rightfully earned.

Advice to Management

Set realistic goals and allow for intraprenureship and free thinking. Trust your employees to do the right thing and in turn you may be surprised that they will work harder for you.

Instead of paying for your sales reps lunch please pay your sales reps commissions so that they can afford to buy their own lunches ;).

Jun 26, 2018 – People@MX

We value feedback, both from existing MX team members and former team members. We want you, as a Glassdoor review reader, to have the relevant facts and information so you can assess whether MX is a... More

9. "Great Culture, Great Environment"

Current Employee - Customer Support in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being hired at MX was one of the most welcomed i've felt at a company. They were very thorough for the interview process, and i now understand why. Everyone seems to be working to make the platform better and help each other out. This is the place to work!

Cons

The culture might not be for everyone, but they make sure to discuss that with you throughout the interview process and make sure you understand what their doing.

Apr 6, 2018 – Director of Talent

We are so glad you are here and making a meaningful contribution to your team, company and industry!

"CSR - Much worse than the Enron Scandal"

I worked at MX full-time

Pros

The only "Pro" about this is, finding a real job working for someone else instead of this shady "start-up" company

Cons

Bad decisions all around from upper management to my former so called manager, to HR and even the recruiters.

Advice to Management

Seriously needs to get rid of millennials in management, they're pushing out the baby boomers, great employees instead of these entitled spoiled brats that what everything handed to them.

This company is clueless with first starting off with the "hiring process" with incompetent recruiters. **It's a toss up between them and telemarketers" to have a job, making you do a stupid personality test, then being hopeful of getting to speak to someone.

All management is pathetic, no leadership or structure in place. I seriously give this company maybe another few years before we see it go bye-bye along with these other so called tech companies in Silicon Slopes.

Apr 6, 2018 – People@MX

We recruit and screen for strong cultural fit. We don’t apologize for the fact that sometimes team members struggle with our values of Founders Mindset (transparency, ownership) and Objectivity in... More