MX Reviews

MX Interim CEO and President Shane Evans
Shane Evans

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Pay is average but time expectations are above average(in 5 reviews)
  • "If you can get an above average salary I would recommend working here.(in 3 reviews)
  • "You choose perks here or money elsewhere.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of MX and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great Benefits

May 24, 2022 - Data Analyst in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are amazing. They really thought of everything on those

Cons

Not that much of a con

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fast Paced Environment

May 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

MX pushes to make the world a better place. Everyone you meet is focused on their part of this big vision and it is fun to see how we blend everything together.

Cons

MX is not a small company anymore and we need to act our age/size. Processes have not caught up to where we are in every part of the business.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

MX is a fantastic company

May 18, 2022 - Backend Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

work environment, coworkers, best place to work

Cons

I don't know what's the cons, still investigating

4. 5.0

Great Benefits and Company

May 9, 2022 - Executive Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Professional environment in a fast growing environment

Cons

Not much movement forward in roles

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great people, not great management or job

May 11, 2022 - Data Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The data analyst team at MX is filled to the brim with great, friendly people who are willing to go above and beyond with their work, teaching new hires, and tackling projects. - The work from home arrangement is convenient and the flexibility of the schedule is great.

Cons

- The pay is low, even when compared to Utah's standards. The base pay for an analyst at MX ranges from ~$56k-60k, depending if you selected to get some company stock or not. MX needs to bump that up at least $15k to be somewhat competitive. When management was pushed back on salaries, we were told to the effect of "we don't see a reason to pay Utahns more". Given that so many jobs are remote across the country nowadays, MX flat out is not competitive with its salaries. For a company that has a motto to "make the world financially strong", it's incredibly ironic and even hypocritical to underpay its staff like this. - The data analytics department would be more aptly named Business Analytics. There is not a lot of data analysis, data science, or statistical analysis that is done here. 90% of my time at MX was spent on busy work that did not teach me any new skills or allowed me to grow in my career. Others I worked with felt the same. If you are hoping to learn a lot in your first job so you can advance your career, MX may not be the place to do it. - Raises do not even match inflation. This past year, raises in the team ranged from 4-6% and they were not given out according to merit. The coworker on my team who most certainly deserved the highest raise due to her hard, consistent work and volunteering herself for more work received the lowest raise. Additionally, raises were supposed to be given out in January, but it got kicked back all the way to March, which frustrated many employees. - Lack of career growth. Many analysts on my team had openly expressed a desire to grow, either into data engineers or data scientists. Initially, analyst leads were supportive of this growth and claimed that MX had many opportunities for this growth. Then teams and management had a big shuffle and now the analytics team is part of the data science team. You would think this would lead to more opportunities to grow into a data science role, but it's not. Right off the bat, the new data science head gave a meeting and for half an hour, he was very dismissive about career growth for analysts. He said stuff along the lines of "Don't you know you need a masters' level understanding of math to be a data scientist?" and "people can't just expect to be handed a data science job" and even implied that some of the current data scientists on the team did not earn or deserve their title (and they would not have been promoted to data scientists if he was head at the time). He heavily discouraged any analysts from thinking they could learn, develop, and apply to be a data scientist. Since that time, the data science team has only had outside hires. When a fuss was kicked up about raises, the question "why would any analyst want to stay at MX with these sad raises, underpaid salaries, and lack of career growth", the answer we got was just "I don't know". Since February, I am the fifth analyst to leave MX and I know of two others that already have job offers elsewhere and I know of at least 3 others who want to leave but are waiting for the right opportunity. They have all expressed frustration at the above issues I already discussed. After being at MX for nearly a year, I feel that MX's upper management does a lot to promote their culture and their values, but in a way that comes across like "all talk, no action". I don't feel they go out of their way to support employees in ways that really matter (like pay, career opportunities, etc). Their way of "supporting" employees is to give out a new MX-branded t-shirt every couple of weeks and say that makes up for the lower raises. After all this time, I feel very disillusioned by MX and am happy to be moving onto an analytics role that is in an entirely different field. MX's faults seem to be primarily from the top and how the company is ran. Everyone that I worked with on a day to day basis, from the analytics leads down, were lovely and hard working people.

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Used to be a great place to work - burnt out by change

May 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Office perks and work flexibility are great. People are kind.

Cons

Chaotic moment to be at MX with a lot of uncertainty around future. Shifting priorities and overload of work to keep up with leadership demands.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great culture

May 9, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

They actually care about your wellbeing

Cons

Nothing I can think of

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

MX rocks!

Apr 6, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice culture. Overall the company was great.

Cons

Pay felt a little low. Chatted with coworkers and they often felt the same.

9. 5.0

Very Strong Company

Apr 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Top Level Leadership excellent - great culture - smart people - aligned workforce

Cons

- high growth, initiatives don’t stick

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture but major growing pains.

Apr 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture can’t be beat!

Cons

The company is growing rapidly so there are inherent issues with that but I’m confident the leadership will lead the company through just fine.

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 246 Reviews
</>Embed

MX Reviews FAQs

MX has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 258 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at MX to a friend and 97% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, MX employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at MX. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

96% of MX employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated MX 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at MX to be career development, senior leadership, benefits and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with MX Job Seekers