MXenergy Reviews | Glassdoor

MXenergy Reviews

Updated Sep 30, 2015

3.3
MXenergy CEO Jeffrey Mayer (no image)
Jeffrey Mayer
  1. "Great culture"

I worked at MXenergy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At MX there was a clear set of values that started with customer service. It was clear to everybody that life is too short if you can't provide a useful product and service to people. The CEO talked ad nausum about the Customer Golden Rule: Do to our customers what we would have them do to us. We were expected to live it every day.

Cons

Highly pressured with a "throw it up on the wall to see if it sticks" approach. There were times where one wished there was more structure. But at the same time the constant experimentation lent itself to an exciting atmosphere where anything was possible.

Advice to Management

The CEO talks about the importance of constant learning and openness to new ideas. He certainly tries to be true to the principle. But middle management need to walk the walk as well.

MXenergy2015-09-30
  2. "good company"

I worked at MXenergy

Pros

I think supervisors had a lot on their plate and were given other responsibilities from mgmt. so the reps that were on the phone didn't have help from supervisor right away

Cons

worked in call center. overall good experience. support from management and great supervisor

MXenergy2015-07-13
  3. "Past Experience"

Former Employee - Accountant

I worked at MXenergy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Entrepreneurial atmosphere, good pay and benefits, reasonable hours, good vacation policy, free vending machines (snacks and water). Good people to work with.

Cons

Poor communication across departments, lack of focus, due to being a small company, there was very little career development. Offices spread out all over the country.

Advice to Management

None

MXenergy2014-10-27
  4. "Horrible"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at MXenergy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity for Improvement for employees

Cons

Horrible Management... both young and old

MXenergy2013-03-21
  5. "Customer care to get u in the door only to put everyone in the field doing door to door."

Independent Agent in Southfield, MI

I worked at MXenergy

Pros

It was close. To my home at the the time. Paid weekly. That's it.

Cons

Customer care to get u in the door only to put everyone in the field doing door to door. We had an interview where they basically told us: we know we implied this was an in office job but actually its door to door sales and before you all leave out ITS 250 a week with bonuses. No one ever got the bonuses. We would be left out in the field rain, tornado* (yes tornado), storm and blistering heat the full day* (this... has an * because they change our hours from 10 to 5... to 10:30 to 7, 8 and at the latest 9 which means we weren't picked up til 10 and brought back to the office.) More hours same pay. Our supervisior would leave us in the field and comeback to the office when he is supposed to stay in vacinity in case something goes wrong...we were in ecorse and he was at the office. Whenever DTE readers and vans were out we couldn't go that way and had to detour. All cons...this whole job was a con.

Advice to Management

The managers and Cliff out supervisor ended up having their bosses come down on them. ..you all need to be more careful who u up in charge I was there in 2005 and is buy far the worse job I have every had in my life.

MXenergy2011-08-09
  6. "Ok, And u can grow in the company but if you cant get people to give in and sign up then u dont have a chance."

Energy Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at MXenergy

Pros

The good part is if u know how to get people to just give in and say yes to the sign up then you''ll be ok. Some people where signing up like 10 to 20 people a day..And you can make money 3 different ways..They where making money.

Cons

Since i couldnt get people to just sign up my first pay check was kinda low.

Advice to Management

The job is for some people just not for me..

MXenergy2011-04-21
  7. "Very dynamic environment. Flexible a few rules and procedures. Easy to contact others"

Business Intelligence Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at MXenergy

Pros

Flexible schedule Excellent 401(k) Good work environment People are approachable in all departments Small company, easy to connect the dots between departments Interesting business model

Cons

Bad or no planning No standards for hiring/HR Lack or little structures, procedures, policies and rules. Anything goes

MXenergy2010-12-22
  8. "fast paced, ever changing, challenging"

I have been working at MXenergy

Pros

Multiple markets and LDC's enabling growth

Cons

Became too political and sometimes overly conflicting

Advice to Management

Ger back to grass roots way of running the company

MXenergy2011-12-07