MYR Group Reviews | Glassdoor

MYR Group Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2019

3.7
MYR Group President and Chief Executive Officer Richard Swartz (no image)
Richard Swartz

"Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Estimator in Castle Rock, CO

I have been working at MYR Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

*Great Co-Workers - Everyone has a very strong team attitude. There is family feel to the office. Everyone teases and jokes around with each other. *Strong Work Ethic/Community - Everyone pulls their own weight and also pitches in when someone else needs help. *Opportunities to Learn New Things - Everyone here loves to share their knowledge. All you have to do is ask. In addition to wealth of knowledge available in the office, I've gotten to take a few training classes, leadership classes and online courses. The company also has a tuition reimbursement program. *Opportunities for Promotions / New Positions - Over the past almost 12 years, I've held a variety of positions, and learned so many new skills. If you try to be open to new new opportunities, easy to get along with and to do your best work every day, there will be no limits for you other than time (sometimes you have to wait for a new position to open up). *Amazing Health Benefits - Seriously, my family and friends are jealous.

Cons

Every company has its ups and downs, but I've have a lot more ups here. Almost every con I can think of could have been remedied by me. Everyone has to advocate for him or herself. This is a busy, fast paced environment, so you can't just hope that your problem gets noticed. Speak up!

MYR Group2017-10-13

"This company is run by Robots"

Former Employee - Foreman in Miami, FL

I worked at MYR Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Tons of hours, see new places, learn new things, lots of training.

Cons

They don’t treat everyone the same, and if you work for a company that they own you don’t exist. Most of the Training is worthless the moment you leave. A lot of places won’t recognize Myr’s Certifications

MYR Group2019-07-08
  3. "Changing culture"

Former Employee - Information Technology

I worked at MYR Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good team leadership, good team support

Cons

Ambitious employees some backstabbing suspected

MYR Group2019-02-19
  4. "Meh"

I have been working at MYR Group full-time

Pros

You learn a lot about the industry at a fast pace.

Cons

You are expected to figure out a lot of things yourself, without asking for questions or asking for help.

MYR Group2018-08-27

"AWESOME TRAINING..."

Former Employee - Journeyman Traffic Tech in Henderson, CO

I worked at MYR Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Although somewhat face paced at times the crews are fun to work with. Management is really helpful & accommodating in all aspects. Being the first female to successfully complete the MSLCAT Traffic Tech Apprenticeship (2002) I felt really appreciated & respected by my colleagues. Great group & I really miss being part of their organization. Great benefits, good work schedule also.

Cons

Uuummm...really no cons. Just work hard & have a can do attitude & you can be very successful here. Advancement is possible although there isn't available positions often due to the loyalty of the employees.

MYR Group2017-09-17

"Great Company to Connect With"

I have been working at MYR Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone here is very friendly and a great team atmosphere. Senior management keeps employees engaged in safety and activities going on in the community which gives a sense of security. MYR Group has given our department numerous opportunities for training to expand our knowledge that is greatly appreciated. Never a dull moment and have enjoyed being part of the team.

Cons

Sometimes it’s hard to find meeting space but could contribute to a lot of team collaboration.

MYR Group2017-09-08
  7. "Corporate Recruiter"

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Henderson, CO

I have been working at MYR Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love working for this company because of the culture and environment. I wake up every day looking forward to working with the managers and my colleagues. I've grown personally and professionally here during my last 5 years with the company too--both independently and with my colleagues. I love the fact that I can pop in and say hi to any of our managers, or ask for their advice on something or just see them in the hall--they are all very welcoming here. Lastly, the benefits are AMAZING!

Cons

It seems to be harder to move up fast in this company, but it is because of our great longevity, a lot of people stay for a long time. For some, it may feel like there isn't an opportunity for promotion, however, with the Company's tuition reimbursement program and also the collaborative environment, variety of projects and situations, there is a lot of growth available--the individual has to be willing to put the effort forward though.

MYR Group2017-09-12

"Employees have great personalities and make you feel welcome!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at MYR Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The atmosphere of the workplace is great! Everyone in the office is very cordial and generally interested in your personal life. Other employees enjoy getting to know you on a personal level and make you feel welcomed.

Cons

Adjusting to a fast-paced, high-workload took some time and was frustrating at the beginning of my time here. I was kind of thrown into many different tasks with different processes. Now that I'm adjusted to these tasks, the days go by more smoothly.

MYR Group2017-09-01

"Love being a contributing member to a great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Henderson, CO

I have been working at MYR Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

MYR Group is a great place to work. I have been able to grow into a career that I love based on internal growth from the company. My direct manager values his employees and empowers me to know that I make a difference in MYR Group and that I matter within the organization!

Cons

Parking can be difficult on occasion in the Henderson lot.

MYR Group2017-08-25

"Everything a career should be!"

in Henderson, CO

I have been working at MYR Group for more than a year

Pros

I love this organization! I was fortunate to have been brought on nearly two years ago and I have truly enjoyed every step of the journey so far. I have enjoyed learning about the electrical/ construction industry and am privileged to be a part of such a thriving, deep-rooted company. I’m challenged every day and have learned more than I could have imagined. I have a terrific work “family” and I feel a deep sense of pride and accomplishment in the projects I contribute to. Training and development of employees seems to be a priority among the leaders and I’ve always felt that the executives genuinely care about their employees. The employees from other departments are willing and ready to share their knowledge and I’ve been encouraged to ask questions and collaborate with other groups as much as I needed to in order to achieve my goals.

Cons

If you’re looking for down time- this isn’t the place for you. To say that it’s fast-paced would be an understatement. I often feel that I’m playing a game of “beat the clock” when I walk in each day. I thrive in this type of environment and it certainly makes the days, weeks, months, etc. go by quickly- but I understand it’s not for everyone. There’s also a LOT to learn; if you’ve never been immersed into the organizational dynamics of union/ bargaining and non- bargaining and everything else that comes with that, it can be a lot to absorb- especially when there are over a half a dozen subsidiaries and over 40 district locations throughout the country. So unless you’re willing to roll up your sleeves and jump in with both feet, you could easily find yourself drowning. My advice would be, “Don’t give up!” It’s a lot to learn- just stick with it and it will come!

MYR Group2017-09-01