Mac Papers Reviews | Glassdoor

Sutton McGehee

1. "Greed driven"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Riviera Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Riviera Beach, FL

I have been working at Mac Papers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The day is pretty much your own

Cons

Micro-managed, no expenses, sub-standard pay, lots of paperwork, no support

Advice to Management

Pay according to industry standards

"High School"

I have been working at Mac Papers full-time

Pros

Pay is decent for the job you do. Some people are cool but not in management. Hard to find a lot of positive things to say honestly.

Cons

Favoritism runs wild here. Hardly rotate shifts for people who deserve it. When you address problems with supervisors and you are a newer employee they are very quick to dismiss you. Most managers will treat the people they don't like worse than dirt and get away with it. Unless you are in the cool crowd you are a outsider and any ideas or solutions are thrown away. I do not recommend working here. Trying to find the fastest way out.

"For the most part, I enjoyed working at Mac Papers."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Mac Papers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good group of people (with the exception of a few bad apples). A lot of flexibility for doctors appts, etc

Cons

Salary scale is horrible. That company is making money hand over fist and they pay their employees very little. Quarterly bonuses, if that's what you want to call them. Any problems with direct supervision/mgmt are not addressed by higher ups. A lot of blatant favoritism and rules are on individual basis, not across the board.

Advice to Management

Handle the problems for you non-management employees when they are presented to you. Increase your pay scale considerably.

5. "Good company to work for."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Easy to work for my supervisor, couldn't ask for a better boss

Cons

Too much of the "buddy system"

Advice to Management

Random drug test more often

"Some of the people are great to work with, overall the company believes more in nepotism than hiring from outside."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Mac Papers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They get you in the door by promising bonuses, this can be good.

Cons

If you make a complaint about the way you are treated in any office they are quick to go on the defense. They don't believe in the little people pushing buttons.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to listen, talk to the people that are considered the peons in your company, they might know more than you think.

"Great company, but CEO is out of touch with how Managers are treating employees"

Former Employee - Rather Not Disclose in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Rather Not Disclose in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Mac Papers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CEO and Senior upper management are down to earth and pleasant to be around. Company has solid history and pay is decent. Most upper management (on third floor) are great to work with and are very cordial. Dealing with branches was almost always a pleasant experience.

Cons

CEO, Sutton, is out of touch with the employees. Most employees, unfortunately, have been unhappy in the last 1-2 years and most are looking for a way out. Some of these employees have been with the company 10+ years. The morale in certain departments is at an all time low. There are certain managers that treat employees with little dignity and as if they are well beneath them. There is no where to air grievances outside of going straight to the top, which is highly frowned upon, as there is no department that will listen to non-management employees . The choice for employees if to stick it out and put up with being talked down to or get out. Quarterly Bonuses are low when compared to the work flow and annual bonuses of Upper Management.

Advice to Management

To Sutton, please get in touch with your employees. Once upon a time you did anonymous surveys, I would highly suggest you do that again. You are one of the kindest men I've ever met, I know you would be hurt if you only knew how your employees felt about their managers. There is truly no where to go to talk about problems with supervisors because of the favoritism in certain departments. Notice the employees that work hard to keep the company running through all the acquisitions, notice them through their bonuses, like you did in years past. Upper management gets bonuses enough to buy houses and cars, but the real work is done by the non-management employees.

8. "Very nice people to work with"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Mac Papers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People there were all very nice, easy to work with, and willing to assist. Great organization for an older worker to feel right at home.

Cons

Many long time employees, not wanting any change.

Advice to Management

Moderinize a little bit, even if a little at a time.

9. "prefer not to state"

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Have to wait 10 years before getting additional week of vacation

10. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Co-workers are friendly, willing to help and typically have resources to offer. Good work/life balance

Cons

Long-term employees who strongly resist change.

Advice to Management

Enrich retirement/401K ... match is REALLY low. Offer long term care insurance.

11. "Hard-working, family-owned, values-centered, successful company that puts employees first"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Mac Papers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love working at Mac Papers. It's a medium-sized, family-owned company that treats its employees with respect, honesty, loyalty and genuine care. Mac Papers provides an opportunity for me to put previous work experience to good use and learn from other talented people who work here. In my role, I am allowed to be entrepreneurial, innovative and make a noticeable contribution. Leadership is firm but fair and my manager is encouraging and educational. Compensation is competitive and incentive-based in many cases, which makes us work harder to make this company even better. Incredible work/life balance.

Most of all, this is an ethics-based company and leadership makes decisions (tough as they may be) every day on strong values and moral conviction. I feel good coming to work every day because of this.

Cons

Downsides of working at Mac Papers are harder to come by. Sometimes the company is so loyal to its longstanding employees, and in turn it gives some people the comfort to remain at status-quo. I think increased accountability at various levels could push the company forward at an even faster rate.

Advice to Management

Hold us more accountable for the work we do. You do a great job of giving us room to succeed without micro-management, but some people will do a better job with a bit more close-knit accountability.