MacAllister Machinery Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Overhead department employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Central, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Central, IN

I have been working at MacAllister Machinery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MacAllister is a family-owned company, and operates as such.

MacAllister pays average to above market wages in my estimation.

MacAllister regularly sends out surveys and polls to its employee base and seems sincere in improving things for its employees.

Cons

Company's processes are old and could use substantial improvement

The vacation days offered are below average in my opinion

Advice to Management

Please consider re-evaluating vacation days near industry averages

2. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at MacAllister Machinery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always a challenge. Great place to learn. They have a lot of areas to advance your career. They have great people to work with.

Cons

Not being informed well enough. Not enough training of the in the job. No detailed goals or direction. No appreciation for hard work.

Advice to Management

None they can figure it out.

3. "Ag Shop Technician"

Current Employee - Shop Technician in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Shop Technician in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at MacAllister Machinery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, guaranteed a job everyday, great family and workers, great outside activities, room to work up or switch fields, clinic available to employees

Cons

Lack organization and communication between managers and employees, no training before entering job (learning DBS, how to correctly do work orders, etc)

Advice to Management

Train employees upon hiring, communicated between all, all employees should be able to perform all tasks (not dividing out by skill or best work)

4. "Great family company"

I have been working at MacAllister Machinery full-time

Pros

Ownership and executive management truly care about the employees. Family atmosphere makes this large revenue company feel small and tight-knit. Rare combination.

Cons

Product restrictions can make things difficult from a sales perspective, but the people here overcome.

5. "Rental Store Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at MacAllister Machinery full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

MacAllister is a family owned company continuously growing and seeking to make positive change with high standards and competitive pay

Cons

The 3 to 4 managers in line between Mr. MacAllister and the backbone employees not in management at least to me seems they couldn't care less about any individual employee I've worked at MacAllister for over 10 years felt like I grew up at the dealership but the bridge between basic Skilled employees and management is continually disappearing across the company it was clear that one of the biggest employee complaints was communication there were supposed to be work shops and action plans to improve this issue sadly over the last year I think communication has gotten even worse I've never had the feeling more than I do that management is just a "Good ol' boys Club" I understand things can move slowly when making changes but some of this has been unreal, I've been through tough times here before and it was much better after the waves have calmed but for myself I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel if I'm still here in 8 months I will be shocked. However the future of MacAllister Machinery if BRITE and growing don't hesitate at the opportunity to join this company just be vigilant keep you expectations for team work and communication low. The MacAllister Family Company's have a great captain but there needs to be some changes I'm management and communication.

it's been great working for you Chris I wish your family and your Company the best!

Advice to Management

Listen to employee feed back, SEEK the opinions of long time employees, include them in operational discussions and or meetings, consider large management restructuring. Safety has been a huge focus point recently pin pointing things only involving recent incidents but management continues to ignore employees concerns and requests for safety equipment and policies or general site hazards with simple answers like "we're working on it" or "we'll see what we can do" ignoring osha violations! I'm tired of being swept in the crack I guess I've just taken this all to personal but hey I only spent the last 10+years of my life here no big deal and let's not forget the pay discrepancy and inequality of hourly wages what your potential or top pay is your best kept secret... clear as Mud the dishonesty from management on this issue has really been a breaking point for me. Continue to fine tune the internal job application process this i feel my be the most improved internal issue but it still needs close supervision best of luck to you all I wish I could say I'm a part of this team but as they say.... too many chiefs not enough Indianas

6. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Lafayette, IN

I worked at MacAllister Machinery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family oriented, and a great family to work for.

Cons

some of the managers hired do not have much common sense.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

7. "Great Atmosphere; Great People"

Pros

The company culture and atmosphere are outstanding. MacAllister is a family run business that is very active in the community and treats their employees very well. Managers are accommodating and top level management is very friendly and accessible. Everyone is treated like family here.

Cons

The HQ is getting slightly outdated, however they are building a new one that will be a little bit farther away. Also, communication between branches can be troublesome.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and if you keep treating the employees the right way you will see continued success well into the future.

8. "Summer Internship"

Former Employee - Intern in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Intern in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Great people and a relaxed work enviorment.

Cons

Low pay and boring work.

Advice to Management

Have a better intern training program.

9. "Small company feel"

I have been working at MacAllister Machinery full-time

Pros

This is a unique place to work. While it is growing and expanding it still maintains a small company feel

Cons

Vacation and holiday policy are not competitive

"Great company"

Pros

The people here were really great. Everyone I worked with made it fun to show up everyday. The pay was good too.

Cons

I felt like there weren't always enough projects for me to do, so I was bored a lot.

Advice to Management

Have better plans for bringing in interns and finding things for us to do.