MacDonald-Bedford, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

J. Zachary Bedford

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Lawrenceville, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Lawrenceville, NJ

I have been working at MacDonald-Bedford, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

MacDonald Bedford is a wonderful company to work for. The front office is always there to support you as we are mostly out on assignment. This is my first consulting job for a government entity, there are many rules to be followed and the staff are always there to guide to the right direction.

Cons

None that I can see.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Okay"

Former Employee - Program Environmental Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Program Environmental Manager in Alexandria, VA

I worked at MacDonald-Bedford, LLC (More than a year)

Pros

They are based out of California and most the contracts are all over the country so nobody micro manages you.

Cons

MacDonald-Bedford does not pay competitive salaries.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more

3. "Kudos to a great company and support team"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Camp Atterbury, IN
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Camp Atterbury, IN

Pros

I worked with MacDonald/Bedford from Sept2013 to Mar2014. At which point I took short leave for an active duty position temporarily helping wounded warriors in the Warrior Transition Battalion at Fort Knox, Ky. I look forward to returning with MacDonald/Bedford. They have maintained communication with me since I have been gone and have given me great support and understanding. The Company supports veterans consistently and always has a polite and courteous support team at the corporate office. Again, Kudos to Mr. Bedford and his support team. Your the greatest.

Cons

Hopefully have greater selection of work location in the near future. Also, consider the overseas market.

Advice to Management

Keep up with what you are doing. Never leave a fallen soldier! The staff and management of MacDonald/Bedford to me is like a band of brothers and sisters. The greatest growth in a company is utilizing the combined knowledge and experience of its employees together while focusing on the same direction and values as its leadership.

5. "To be better at Tennis, you have to play with a better Tennis player."

Former Employee - Program and Project Management Specialist(Management in Raleigh, NC

I worked at MacDonald-Bedford, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As National Guard Army Officer, Industrial Enginner, my faith and a combat war veteran, the chance to work for MacDonald-Bedford (M-B) was a fit both as a working professional and as a person with high ethics and high standards
    myself matched with M-B's core values to a T. Even with my field position being on the east coast, M-B owner, Zack Bedford, his spouse and staff provided required field support as an employee as through I was in the same building. Today's IT equipment has this capabilities for all companies, but it is the execution piece that sets M-B apart from others companies I have been personally associated with or worked for in the past 20+ years.

Cons

Federal Holidays should be just that - a holiday to enjoy with family and friends. Due to, I believe, contract reasons, M-B required mandated training to cover SHARP topics, additional Human Resource topics and hand picked topics by his staff based on their input or otherwise. However, due to a military conflict M-B provided a work around to allow my training to continue uninterrupted so the company is reasonable and has understanding.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing, providing U.S. Veterans and the honest hard working an outstanding opportunity to excel by working for M-B!

6. "MacDonald-Bedford is a great employer to work for."

Current Employee - Program and Project Management Specialist(Management in Lakehurst, NJ

I have been working at MacDonald-Bedford, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a field employee working at Joint Base McGuire- Dix-Lakehurst Mr. Bedford and his HQ have been very responsive to my needs when I call. In my case my salary is set by the DoD so dealing with pay level is really out of his hands ,but if pay issues come up he works diligently to get them resolves. He makes it a point to visit his field employees once a year so he puts a face with a name. I believe his company offers a good benefit package and I have found that his staff is very respectful when dealing with me and they resolve any issues that may come up. Although I've never met Mr. Herrera in person , when dealing with him either by telephone or teleconferencing I'm left with the feeling that he has giving my problem 150% and he appears to run a tight ship. Mr. Bedford is lucky to have a person of his caliber .

Cons

Since I work on the east coast at Joint base McGuire-Dix- Lakehurst and his company is on the west coast you would expect that logistical problem come up now and then and they do. But as stated earlier once I identify them they work diligently to resolve them. I do feel that he should do his in house training on scheduled work days and not on the holidays.

Advice to Management

Consider changing the in house training to scheduled work days.

7. "Great Company, Great People"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Saint Albans, WV
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Saint Albans, WV

I worked at MacDonald-Bedford, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very straight forward managemnt style.....The organizations CEO is ex-military so he brought those core values with him. High expectations and good people to work with.Gave me my assignment, offered support but did not try and micromanage.....Treated you like an adult and were expected to act like an adult.....no problems there.

Cons

Don't really have any.....good folks to work with.....office manager and day to day staff were great.

Advice to Management

Again, don't have any.....overall a great experiance. Gave me a job when I was looking for a job....allowed me to take care of my family and I am grateful for that.......

"Headhunter"

Former Employee - Support Engineer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Support Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at MacDonald-Bedford, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any TO SAY

Cons

Management is Impersonal and dismissive

Advice to Management

Treat employees better

9. "Was able to gain an incredible amount of added experience."

Former Employee - Design Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Design Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at MacDonald-Bedford, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was able to take on as much responsibility as I wanted, which allowed me to learn so many aspects of project management and the nuances of day to day running of the business side. Thanks to upper management my skill set grew exponentially during my time with them. I worked with a high caliber group of self-starting professionals, causing the bar to continually be raised. The monthly group social gatherings and annual festivities were definitely a much appreciated venue to relax with my co-workers and loosen up. The

Cons

I would be lying if I didn't say that it was sometimes stressful trying to push the envelope while gaining new experience. Sometimes long days and nights were required to get the job done.

10. "A great employer! EVeryone should have the morals and interity of the M-B's CEO Mr. Zack Bedford."

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer/Design Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer/Design Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at MacDonald-Bedford, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for M-B for a couple of years on a project in San Diego. Zack, the CEO of M-B is a model of integrity and generosity. He worked wtih us as a team and the company offered excellent benefits and great compensation package. Even when the project ended due to budget cuts, I have kept in touch with Zack and Susan (his spouse) as friends.

Cons

The only cons was that I don't get to see Zack and Susan as often any longer....since I no longer work for M-B. They are great people!

Advice to Management

I hope you can expand your company and be successful. Your caring attitude towards your employees and your generous salary offers make for a perfect employer!

11. "Company that truly takes care of their employees"

Former Employee - Management in Alameda, CA
    Former Employee - Management in Alameda, CA

I worked at MacDonald-Bedford, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best in class compensation, treats employees like a family, personal + professional growth opportunities, and fun parties

Cons

Wish we had more face time with the President

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing