Macerich Guest Services Supervisor Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 2 reviews

1.2
Macerich CEO Art Coppola
Art Coppola
  1. "Very rewarding experience being able to support both Merchants and Guests at The Oaks Shopping Center."

Former Employee - Guest Services Supervisor in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Macerich full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company values not only the Guests and Merchants but also the employees with creating a positive atmosphere of rewarding a job well done.

Cons

Retail employment undoubtedly presents demanding challenges of Holiday, evening and weekend hours as well as the occasional situation in assisting a Guest that had an unsatisfactory shopping experience.

Advice to Management

My observation as Guest Services Supervisor: cutting costs by not adequately staffing Guest Services during the Holidays only burns out the employees consequently resulting in the high risk of lower energy levels when mall traffic is at an ever increasing level.

Macerich2014-05-25

"Terrible company, doesn't care about their employees"

Former Employee - Guest Services Supervisor in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Macerich full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, freedom in position, pay and benefits are good, 401k, left to my own devices and able to work on my own most of the time.

Cons

Management doesn't care, no help from upper management. Basic attitude is that your on your own. Expected to work overtime even if your family obligations don't allow for that.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees. They are the face of the company and without them you have nothing. Technology can't replace human interactions.

Macerich2016-01-19