Mack-Cali Reviews | Glassdoor

Mitchell E. Hersh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Maker"

I worked at Mack-Cali part-time

Pros

Good pay for starts and nice people

Cons

Short work hours at the most

Advice to Management

Idk

2. "Under Reorganization"

Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Croton-on-Hudson, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Croton-on-Hudson, NY

I worked at Mack-Cali full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is a nice mid-size company which, with offices in Westchester and New Jersey.

Cons

The company is currently going through a reorganization, hence they are currently in a hiring freeze.

3. "Great People to work with for being an Intern"

I worked at Mack-Cali full-time

Pros

Working as an intern in the Architecture Department has been such great pleasure. The people are very humorous and respectful. It is however a small team in a big corporate company but still has the "family" feel with the employees.

Cons

Disorganized with the interns schedule; mainly because when i came it, i was the first intern group they had for a long time.

"Please hear your employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Mack-Cali full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The majority of people are nice and hardworking. I believe the employees are the company’s greatest asset and I am hopeful there is a positive future ahead for them and the company.

Cons

Lots of dysfunction lately. There is a lack of communication and cooperation within the organization and even among executive management. There are also a handful of people who take advantage of the company and managers. These people are never held accountable for incompetence, a poor work ethic, or making up their own hours.

Advice to Management

When the new CEO and COO joined the company last year, employees were assured there would be open communication and an open door policy. The company has announced publicly that the headquarters would be moving in 2016, but there has been zero internal communication to Mack-Cali employees regarding where and when. We only know what is rumored. We have worked hard for this company and care about its success. The Board and executive management need to respect the employees and understand the impact of their choices. Splitting up the headquarters to multiple locations that are 30-40 miles from the current location will have a significant impact on us, our families and our finances. Nobody understands the need or benefit of this choice and you will sadly lose your greatest asset in the process. Many good, dedicated employees simply can’t travel that far. We appeal to the Board and management to please hear our collective voice and reconsider a relocation of that distance.

5. "Frustrated"

Current Employee - NOYB
    Current Employee - NOYB

I have been working at Mack-Cali full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Solid and stable company, until 5 months ago...regime change, but kept some of the tyrant senior management staff.

Cons

Company now seems disorganized and only cares about putting more money in stockholders pockets; seems to no longer put the tenants or employees first...

Advice to Management

Value your loyal, GREAT workers with the salaries they deserve.

6. "Worth Considering"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Princeton, NJ

Pros

Professional organization to work for.

Cons

Leadership strategy for the future seems confusing.

Advice to Management

Share with employees vision for the future of the company.

7. "Senior Director Construction Services"

Former Employee - Senior Director of Construction Services in Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Director of Construction Services in Edison, NJ

I worked at Mack-Cali full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hard to say since company is in a period of change. Some of the values of the former administration need to be restored

Cons

Change in upper management led to large layoffs that did not help employee morale

Advice to Management

Treat employees more humanely. The efforts and loyalties of your employees will keep the company growing

8. "Property Management Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Mack-Cali (More than a year)

Pros

Great Leadership, It was an extensive 12-week internship program focused on property management. Interns are able to lease apartments on their own.

Cons

The Commute was an hour away, and somedays were very repetitive. The interview process took a long time but I always always kept in the loop.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to have the internship program a more rotational programa and not striclty property management.

"Disappointing Management- according to one co-worker idiots get ahead here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

I have been working at Mack-Cali full-time

Pros

None that I can think of at the moment

Cons

Unprofessional work atmosphere-too much cronyism

Advice to Management

Let the Board of Directors know there is a problem with Sr. Management and it's leader

"Inefficiency rampant, yet unqualified employees excell based on longevity of their employment & favoritism by management"

Current Employee - Administrator Assistant in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Administrator Assistant in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Mack-Cali full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of money spent on free meals every day if food is your passion you'll fit in. If you don't fit in with the "in crowd" you won't get any freebies.If you have a manager willing to stand behind you, his/her job may become threatened. This money would be better spent on equipment and raises to those actually doing their job, if management can finally figure it out.

Cons

Lack of recognition for those who are sincerely trying to do a good job. Lots of recognition to those vying for browny points based purely on personality and not ability. Employee morale is very low due to the unwillingness of Sr. Management to stand up to head of company, who runs it as if it is privately owned. Unethical bidding process slanted to friends and temple members of CEO. Sexual harrassment especially at annual holiday party. Are we living in the "Mad Men" era??

Advice to Management

Get a pair and learn how to run a legitimate public company. Your main concern should be protecting shareholders investments not kissing up to the boss. Give credit to those who are sincerely working and not putting in time.