Mack & Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 22, 2017

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Charlene Gorzela

1. "Temporary Administrative Worker Review"

Current Contractor - Contract Administrator in Chicago, IL
    Current Contractor - Contract Administrator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mack & Associates as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Woman-owned business, easy communication with multiple recruiters, non-judgmental responses to personal requests about company culture, pay, hours, dress code, etc.

Cons

Pay is often on the lower end, and jobs seem to be either long-term temp or daily. It can also be a minute before you hear back from a recruiter. Slow and steady definitely wins the race at Mack.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, and hire more awesome women.

2. "Great place to work!"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Chicago, IL
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mack & Associates as a contractor

Pros

Mack & Associates has been very professional, polite, and responsive to work with. They have been great at providing interesting jobs, and I've worked in several interesting, temporary positions. They seem to have a variety of clients in different industries, so if you have a specific industry that you want to work in ~or discover a specific industry~ they can probably help you!

Cons

No cons as of yet.

3. "Great Temp to Hire Staffing Agency"

Current Employee - Temporary Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Temporary Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mack & Associates (Less than a year)

Pros

The Mack Associates work very hard to place candidates in positions where they will succeed and thrive. They listen to your preferences about work environments and are very communicative with job opportunities available in the area. They work with a wide variety of businesses to place candidates.

Cons

No cons at this point in time.

"Great place to work!"

Current Contractor - Temporary Staff in Chicago, IL
    Current Contractor - Temporary Staff in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mack & Associates as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They really made me feel like they were working hard to find me work. They are just wonderful to work with and always found me great jobs. I've discontinued working with other agencies because Mack understood my needs more.

Cons

This isn't entirely their fault, but one of their clients. They called me last minute to fill in a position, however the call that I got was at 6am. The company was concerned when I didn't respond right away, as they like to give their fill in's enough time to get ready. Understandable, but 7 am for me would have been a more appropriate time to call, and that's something a client should know.

5. "No qualms."

I worked at Mack & Associates as a contractor

Pros

Worked as a temp for them for many years, recently had a very short term assignment. They know their stuff. Also after years of not being with them I was still in their system.

Cons

No qualms what so ever. The job market is scarce, I'm not getting any real assignments but there seems to be nothing out there anyway.

"Placed me regularly at low paying jobs, Rude recruiters"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Mack & Associates as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

There are plenty of two to three day assignments to be had - but most of them pay $11-$12/hours

Cons

Recruiters here are rude and will not speak to you like you are an adult. I came to Mack looking for a career change - they did not really listen to what I was looking for and sent me out on assignments that were low paying and not at all mentally challenging. Further more, if you are unhappy with an assignment, they will chastise you and attempt to scare you into staying. I had such an unsatisfactory experience with their lack of professionalism and level rudeness that I probably should have reported them to the HR department.

Advice to Management

Your company can use to some serious work on its bedside manner. I had several issues with recruiters - I am a college graduate who speaks with grace and professionalism. This has never been matched by the Mack staff.

"temp to hire receptionist"

Current Employee - Temp Receptionist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Temp Receptionist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mack & Associates part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mack & Associates are extremely professional, helpful, and friendly. Within a week of my interview, they placed me on my first assignment and have been receiving temp work ever since.

Cons

Some of the temp opportunities they have available only pay $11-12 an hour.

"Very unprofessional"

Former Contractor - Senior Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - Senior Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Mack & Associates as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They seem to 'get' some high level, well paying positions.

Cons

Very Flacky!! I delt w/two recruiters at this co., & they seem very interested, but have HORRIBLE follow-up & follow thru skills! The commision from placements is paying their salaries - you would think that they would act more professionally & be proactive w/their 'employees' (??!!??)

Advice to Management

Be proactive and be professional.

9. "They get a commission and you do all the work!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mack & Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice office in downtown loop. Easy to access.

Cons

Unorganized office. Low temp pay rates. Unresponsive to email requests. Do not actively search for work for the candidates without feeling like you are nagging them. Not very helpful. Very snooty when it comes to their relationship with other firms. Post "amazing" jobs but do not actually secure any interviews for you.

Advice to Management

Your employees need to be more on top of their candidates and be responsive in answering emails and more organized.

"They will work hard to find the right fit!"

Former Contractor - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Mack & Associates as a contractor

Pros

I had a very positive experience working with Mack. They worked tirelessly to help me find the right job. They did not push me into taking something permanently that I was not excited about. I really thought they had my best interest in mind.

Cons

I had a pretty bad temp experience and was not forced (but strongly encouraged) to stay with the company through the duration of the contract. This would have been a big problem if the contract was for more than a month.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job! Keep it up!