Mack & Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Charlene Gorzela
1 Rating

1. "Great Temp to Hire Staffing Agency"

Current Employee - Temporary Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Temporary Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mack & Associates (Less than a year)

Pros

The Mack Associates work very hard to place candidates in positions where they will succeed and thrive. They listen to your preferences about work environments and are very communicative with job opportunities available in the area. They work with a wide variety of businesses to place candidates.

Cons

No cons at this point in time.

"Great place to work!"

Current Contractor - Temporary Staff in Chicago, IL
    Current Contractor - Temporary Staff in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mack & Associates as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They really made me feel like they were working hard to find me work. They are just wonderful to work with and always found me great jobs. I've discontinued working with other agencies because Mack understood my needs more.

Cons

This isn't entirely their fault, but one of their clients. They called me last minute to fill in a position, however the call that I got was at 6am. The company was concerned when I didn't respond right away, as they like to give their fill in's enough time to get ready. Understandable, but 7 am for me would have been a more appropriate time to call, and that's something a client should know.

"They will work hard to find the right fit!"

Former Contractor - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Mack & Associates as a contractor

Pros

I had a very positive experience working with Mack. They worked tirelessly to help me find the right job. They did not push me into taking something permanently that I was not excited about. I really thought they had my best interest in mind.

Cons

I had a pretty bad temp experience and was not forced (but strongly encouraged) to stay with the company through the duration of the contract. This would have been a big problem if the contract was for more than a month.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job! Keep it up!

5. "Great for young temps- especially college students"

Former Employee - Temp in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Temp in Chicago, IL

Pros

Mack & Associates makes it possible for you to get valuable, relevant work experience while you are in between jobs or unable to commit to a full-time position. Competitive wages. Great experience! Awesome, supportive staff.

Cons

Strong temp performance cannot be directly rewarded due to the nature of the work. It's definitely not a way to build a career or secure advancement opportunities- but it's the perfect solution for paying the bills while you're looking for something else.

Advice to Management

Extend your temp recruitment to college students more, as they often have greater technical skills and flexibility than older candidates.

6. "Great, small company"

I worked at Mack & Associates as a contractor

Pros

Beautiful office, some great people to work with, interesting field.

Cons

Small office, all women, limited growth opportunities

Advice to Management

Keep expanding to offer more opportunities to grow within!

7. "Very helpful temp agency"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Mack & Associates as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great if you are looking for temp work. Very helpful about placing you in a great situation. I ended up at my assignment for 9 months

Cons

You are never not on the email list!