Mackenzie Investments "full time" Reviews | Glassdoor

Mackenzie Investments Employee Reviews about "full time"

Updated Sep 13, 2019

Found 136 reviews

3.5
Mackenzie Investments CEO Barry McInerney (no image)
Barry McInerney
Pros
Cons
  • "Many people stuck as contract employees and those that make it to full time don't get great benefits like other competitors' employees do(in 4 reviews)

• "Their is little room for growth(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "full time"

Return to all Reviews

"Tradition does not equal success"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Mackenzie Investments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some tried and true processes work, and Mackenzie Investments is good at implementing those processes. Competitive health and benefits package is certainly difficult to beat. Central downtown location is ideal for those who are commuting to work. There is a large variety of work, plenty for everyone who wants to learn a thing or two.

Cons

The company culture is resistant to change. There is a strong preference to hire contract staff rather than full-time permanent employees. Red tape is nearly on par with the big banks, despite the fact that the company is nowhere near the size of any of them. Processes and procedures are outdated, and there is a actively strong resistance to new ideas and better ways of doing things. There is a culture of... underhandedness where managers will contact other managers to bypass processes.

Advice to Management

Time to get with the program. Management have setup old and outdated processes, but do not follow them. There is a little too much "you scratch my back, I scratch yours" mentality, which is highly unprofessional and not conducive to a healthy work environment. Stop resisting change, because change is the only certainty in business. Look for new and better ways of doing things, instead of sticking with old and... outdated processes that obviously do not apply to the current situation.

Mackenzie Investments2018-08-25

"Great entry level position"

Current Employee - Client Services in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Mackenzie Investments full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots to learn in first year. Good training and support program for new hires.

Cons

Low pay. Micro management. Many people stuck as contract employees and those that make it to full time don't get great benefits like other competitors' employees do.

Mackenzie Investments2017-10-18

Mackenzie Investments Response

October 27, 2017

Thank-you for your feedback. As an organization we pride ourselves on the training and development that we offer our employees along with our supportive team environment so we are happy to hear that you have experienced this while with us. With respect to contract employees, ...

"Okay place to work in, but maybe not for the long term."

Administrative in Toronto, ON

I worked at Mackenzie Investments for more than 3 years

Pros

Great co-workers. Not a bad place to work if you are just starting out. There are some great managers who genuinely care about their employees and lead by example.

Cons

Lots of restructuring within the organization in the three years that I worked there and hence, many changes took place in terms of management and culture, and also lots of layoffs. It would get very stressful at times. Most of the positions are contracts that could take years before becoming full-time.

Advice to Management

Take performance management seriously as this is something that is quite meaningful for employees. Establish a positive working culture in the organization where employees are internally motivated to come to work (not just because they have to).

Mackenzie Investments2015-11-11
  4. "Restructuring leaves the company limiting for career growth"

I worked at Mackenzie Investments

Pros

Contract staff would flourish in this environment.

Cons

Company employee base is suited for contractors over full time employees. If you're looking to grow your career, this is not the place.

Mackenzie Investments2014-04-15