Macprofessionals Reviews | Glassdoor

Lisa Glush

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Poorly managed company"

Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Macprofessionals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some great people to work with.

Cons

The company struggled to pay employees and did not feel stable.

"Poor Management, Not honest"

Former Employee - Tech Field
    Former Employee - Tech Field

I worked at Macprofessionals (Less than a year)

Pros

Other than management, the rest of the employees at Macpros are honest good people.

Cons

Rarely receive pay on time, given lies about why they cannot make payroll. Company does not give yearly reviews, and do not promote growth or advancement within the company. Poor management will give way to a dying company.

Advice to Management

You have to make changes now. Treat your employees with more respect, and give them a purpose for working for your company. Without your employees, who are you, and how can you run a company? Try to be more honest, and show some more care if you would like your company to prosper.

"Up and Down, with more down."

I worked at Macprofessionals (More than a year)

Pros

Great Co-Workers, and a fun atmosphere.

Cons

Constant Lies, Unstable Pay, Awful CEO, Untrust Worthy Higher Ups

Advice to Management

I suggest removing that CEO, and letting the COO run the company he has a better grasp of employees then you do.

"Great people, terrible CEO"

Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Macprofessionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, great co-workers and managers.

Cons

CEO is all about her own bottom line. Walked back on verbal assurances from her managers about the required non-compete agreement. When a contract ended, she prevented the client from hiring me, contrary to what I had been told earlier. Client offered me $95k/year & I had to go scramble to find $65k. Lisa Glush knew my family had a newborn, and knew the client couldn't afford $130k/year to keep the contract, & she shut me down anyway.

Advice to Management

Learn what empathy is.

5. "Dishonest owner killed good company"

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Novi, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Novi, MI

I worked at Macprofessionals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to learn

Cons

Unfair pay and hours do not make a career

Advice to Management

Don't let the greed of owners overrule what is fair and right

6. "Macprofessionals is the place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Macprofessionals part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Macprofessionals is a wonderful place to work. The company is like one big family and makes working enjoyable. The company structure is built to allow for you to improve and grow over time. No matter your position in the company, you are doing interesting and unique things. Working at Macprofessionals has grown me as a person and improved my knowledge for the technological and business field dramatically.

Cons

I have no cons.

"Horrible place to work"

I worked at Macprofessionals part-time

Pros

The work, when it was there was enjoyable

Cons

Management is horrible. Pay cuts, failure to comply with overtime laws, NEVER up to date on their financial account with Apple making it impossible to get parts, just remove hours without notice and leave multiple employees wondering if they still have jobs.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better.

8. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Technician in Novi, MI
    Former Employee - Technician in Novi, MI

I worked at Macprofessionals full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Always doing something different..Macprofessionals is constantly reinventing themselves and change their offerings with the changes in technology. They are not black and white on your schedule. They understand that employees have lives outside of the company and they work with you when you need to leave early or make up hours. CEO is not someone who manages only, she jumps in and rolls up her sleeves and helps out all the time. She knows everyone's name and has even helped people financially when they need it. It's a shame that people who do not have good work ethics and were let go because of that have nothing better to do than post negative comments on this site.

Cons

Because of the nature of the IT business and the fact that they do a lot of education work, certain times of the year they are crazy busy when other times they are super slow. I know they are continually looking for other business that is not seasonal which will help.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing. It was a great place to work!

9. "Cutting Edge Apple Practice"

Pros

I'd heard of Macprofessionals long before I joined them. When I began working with them, I got to work with one of the largest and most talented group of Apple focused engineers. I worked on a projects involving huge deployments the way down to smaller one-on-one engagements with MacProfessional and Apple customers.

- We worked on the some of the latest cutting edge Apple based technologies
    - Very good group of talented engineers
    - Company was very good with the work/life balance, especially for those of us that travelled heavy
    - Good systems in place for travel management, expenses, and HR (many places lack this)
    - Management often asked for input or our thoughts on new trends and directions
    - Very collaborative environment among the technical staff

Cons

- Due to the nature of our business and clientele, there are seasons of intense amounts of work, and other times when there is a drought of work, which can cause uncertainty, but this is determined by outside factors not really under the control of the company.

Advice to Management

- Find third party technologies that complement the skill set of the engineers to perhaps level out the demand throughout the year, thus avoiding the slower times of the year.
    - If needed, add more sales capacity to bring in such third party vendor work if possible to supplement the slow times.
    - Expand to more Enterprise customers whose schedules do not follow the K-20 patterns of spending.

10. "Great Place to Work - Lots of Opportunity for those willing to work hard"

I have been working at Macprofessionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at Macprofessionals for 18 months. If you have a passion for Apple technology, a strong work ethic and the ability and desire to work in an environment that isn't the same thing day after day, it's a great place to work. There are a wide variety of projects across different technologies that require the ability to learn quickly and adapt as projects progress. It also requires the ability to multi-task as you can be working on multiple threads/projects always striving to meet their needs.

As in any company, the leadership and management team has to wear many hats and strives to take care of their employees.

Cons

The pace and quantity of work can fluctuate immensely. When it's busy, it's crazy busy and when it's slow, it's really slow.

Advice to Management

Empower your people but hold them accountable.