Macquarie Telecom Group Employee Reviews about "good people"

Updated Dec 15, 2019

2.8
Macquarie Telecom Group Chief Executive David Tudehope  (no image)
David Tudehope
Pros
  • "Great culture, good people, really knows how to celebrate, work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

• "Everyone knows everyone, can be quite chilled at times and good work/life balance(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Middle management are not willing to challenge CEO's thinking(in 6 reviews)

• "lack of focus by senior management which leads to them and everyone else in the business prioritising everything simultaneously(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "good people"

Return to all Reviews

"Design hybrid cloud IaaS solutions"

5.0
    Current Employee - Solution Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Macquarie Telecom Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great culture, good people, really knows how to celebrate, work/life balance

Cons

Small minded, Vision could be bigger,

"Unpleasant environment, best avoid"

I worked at Macquarie Telecom Group full-time

Pros

Customer focus, Good training, Many good people

Cons

Poor office culture, very high staff turnover, harassment, lack of work/life balance

"God where do I start??"

I worked at Macquarie Telecom Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Absolutely none anymore, there was a time when there was a half decent culture with good people. However after a few months soaking in the politics and old school corporate mentality it evaporated . The only Pro is that most staff who get over the drama which is Macquarie Telecom land well elsewhere.

Cons

A company which tries to be the head of its class but uses technologies from the 90s. Honest to god I really felt for the IT department for having to look after an aging fleet of rubbish. Toxic managers who's only goal is to look good on paper, staff happiness is not a factor. A HR team forced to pepper this page with 5 star reviews which claim these reviews do not reflect the real Macquarie Telecom. Let me tell you now that the blunt reviews here are spot on. A rebranding which is surface polish at best, nothing underneath has changed. They swept a failed startup 100% under the rug. They lied to those staff, then axed them before Christmas and managed to do it in a way that they did not get paid out. A dangerous habit of not backfilling roles and simply having the remaining staff work harder. Turnover which is unheard of, honestly it is next level, search seek and check out how many jobs are available, that's not growth it's attrition!

Macquarie Telecom Group Response

I'm sorry you feel this way. We believe that with the great people here, new ones joining, our results and client feedback show that we have a great place to work. Of course we've had to make some big and challenging changes. These have been to ensure we are set up for success and all indicators show us we are on the right path. The future is bright for people who want to be part of the Macquarie Telecom Group journey. We thank you for the time you gave us and wish you all the best.

"4 managers doing the same thing"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Sydney

I worked at Macquarie Telecom Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good location and some good people to work with. Free pizza from time to time. Variety of customers keeps things interesting.

Cons

Get rid of the old managers sitting around waiting for redundancies. They need to be performance managed out of the business as they don't allow any fresh ideas that are required. Fundamental and basic issues need to be addressed. Staff are over worked processes are made up on the fly without any real thought of the impact.

Continue reading

"Never saw so many good people coming and going"

Former Employee - Former Senior Employee in Sydney

I worked at Macquarie Telecom Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company is somehow able to attract good people. Customer service is not too bad

Cons

Management steals good ideas from you and runs with it. They stab you in the back for their favoured staff. Incompetent and psychopathic management is protected by the CEO. Company is in many ways in deep trouble.

Continue reading

"Work hard, play hard but desperately needs a new CEO"

2.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Sydney

I have been working at Macquarie Telecom Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people, technology and resources. Clever and can be fun in sales and marketing due to an excellent executive.

Cons

An outdated CEO who needs to step aside. Misguided investment in the wrong areas. Depends on a hero like culture instead of investing in people.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews