Macy's Reviews in Frederick, MD | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Macys"

Current Employee - Jewelry Clerical in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Jewelry Clerical in Frederick, MD

Pros

Discount flexible schedule and travel pay

Cons

Went from full time to part time without notice

2. "An increasingly difficult place to work"

Current Employee - Cosmetics Counter Manager in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Cosmetics Counter Manager in Frederick, MD

Pros

I've worked at several Macy's, some are better than others. I stay because I have some seniority and job stability, but the work environment has changed dramatically in the last couple of years - for the worse.

Cons

Macy's is turning record profits on the backs of its employees. Stores are grossly understaffed and the demands on employees are increasingly unreasonable. Pay checks are often incorrect and you waste a lot of time chasing them for money they owe you. The stock rooms and other back of house areas are often very dangerous due to staff cuts. In the last couple of years they seem to be hiring a much lower caliber of cosmetic associate at the lowest salaries they can get away with. Salaries are all over the map with no apparent rhyme or reason. Benefits & commission pay has been cut repeatedly in the last few years. If I can find a better job and get out of Macy's, I'll never shop there again. I think they are a very unethical company.

Advice to Management

There is no point offering any advice to Macy's management as they clearly have no interest in their employees' opinions.

Showing 2 of 16,687 reviews