Macy's Interviewer Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Seasonal Interviewer in Bolingbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Seasonal Interviewer in Bolingbrook, IL

Pros

Friendly, great environment, I enjoyed my time there. It was a fast paced environment but that made my day go by fast.

Cons

No full-time HR positions available

2. "Cosmetics - Flex Associate/Cash Office Associate"

Former Employee - Human Resources Interviewer/Trainer in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Interviewer/Trainer in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Macy's part-time

Pros

This was a great place to work while going to school. I needed the flexibility in schedule but it also increased my business skills. I learned a lot there and enjoyed the people I worked with. Retail is another world with competition and varying types of customers but you learn a lot about yourself.

Cons

As a flex, I picked up shifts that ranged between 4 - 7 hours long. It took my feet a long to get used to being on my feet for that long on hard floors.
    Customer service can be challenging at times with those difficult customers who suck the life out of you. I appreciated my customer service experience because it gives me a different perspective when I am a customer.

"Unprofessional / Dishonest Recruiting"

Former Employee - Macy's Seasonal Interviewer/Trainer
    Former Employee - Macy's Seasonal Interviewer/Trainer

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

20% discount, only if you apply for their credit card. Discount is applied after statement but not at time of transaction

Cons

SALARY! THEY INSULT EVERY EMPLOYEE WITH THEIR SALARY WAGES. What they call MAGIC of selling is to pressure customers in signing up for their credit card. Always engage in conversation with a customer pertaining to what they may be doing and execute a line that will possibly con the individual to purchase an item. Example: You see a Girl Wearing Boots, You engage in conversation by saying excuse me I love your boots I have the same pair. We just received a shipment of beautiful tops that go perfect with them, I even purchased some shirts!

Advice to Management

Honesty!

4. "Good place to work."

Former Employee - Phone Interviewer in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Phone Interviewer in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Macy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good hours, good starting pay, good coworkers, business casual dress code, learned a lot on the job, onsite cafeteria.

Cons

Position was temporary and there wasn't much room to move into a similar permanent position with similar pay.