Macy's Reviews in Lexington, KY | Glassdoor

Macy's CEO Jeff Gennette
Jeff Gennette

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance is nonexistent within a salaried position" (in 400 reviews)

• "Did I mention the forceful pushing of Macy's credit cards" (in 875 reviews)

1. "Very satisfied overall."

Current Employee - Children's Polo Specialist in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Children's Polo Specialist in Lexington, KY

Pros

I love the freedom I have while working at Macys

Cons

I do feel pressured to make sales and open credits but the benefits are worth it.

2. "No room for advancement"

Current Employee - Loss Prevention Detective in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Loss Prevention Detective in Lexington, KY

Pros

2 weeks vacation, nothing else

Cons

Wont let you advance unless you are a robot or puppet and agree with everything seniors says. People who are clearly unqualified are given better job opportunities because they never question anything. Been here 5 years and have done above and beyond and still at the bottom of the totem pole.

Advice to Management

Recognize the individuals who actually contribute to the growth of the company, not the ones who agree with everything. Offer more incentives and give the incentives to individuals who actually earn it!

3. "Not bad!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lexington, KY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lexington, KY

Pros

Macy's gives great employee discounts, including days where black clothes (required for work there) were given huge discounts. Some days each month Macy's cardholders get extra discounts if they use their Macy's cards- so employees can get that discount on top of the employee discount.
    Employees who get good reviews from customers are recognized. They give store credit or cash for signing customers up for the Macy's credit card.

Cons

Work schedules were changed last minute without mentioning it. My last week working there, I was scheduled to work only a few hours. I printed out my schedule and felt satisfied, but the day before my last scheduled day, they changed my schedule from a few hours (~5) to 25 hours! Not what I wanted...
    They set goals for each employee for selling credit cards- want employees to be pushy.
    Needed employees to cover different departments at a moments notice. This wasn't too bad, but if you haven't had any training in that department customers can tell an become frustrated.

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing employees for good customer service. Don't allow schedules to be changed drastically without a manager checking with the employee.

Showing 3 of 16,428 reviews