Macy's Reviews in Louisiana | Glassdoor

Jeff Gennette

"office"

in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Macy's for less than a year

Pros

The environment look is a nice place to work.

Cons

They are very lacking in the their training of new hires, scheduling, and the period it takes to have employees gain access to needed computer programs to do their jobs. They lack qualified supervisors and co-workers to train.

Advice to Management

Get a clue, investigate and retrain supervisors and co-workers in the H.R. Dept. and Mgmt. Dept./Positions.

Macy's2015-10-24
  2. "Pros and cons!"

Sales Associate/Specialist in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Macy's for more than a year

Pros

Flexible scheduling, employee discount. The best time to work their is during the holiday season.

Cons

The Macy's in New Orleans is not as nice as other locations. A lot of the saleswoman have very bad attitudes and the clientele is very questionable at times. Upper management has the floor team running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Macy's2015-09-22
  3. "sales associate"

Sales Associate in Shreveport, LA

I worked at Macy's for less than a year

Pros

I was able to go on the website and pick shifts that I wanted to work.

Cons

there weren't any cons. my experience was great.

Macy's2015-09-02
  4. "Great Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Fine Jewelry Associate in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Macy's part-time for more than a year

Pros

The scheduling system and company structure are extremely tolerant. Macys is understanding of their employees schedules and real life uncertainties outside of work.

Cons

Sometimes the managers can be extremely rude and catty making the work environment very school like and hostile for employees. Makes an negative reflection of the Macys Magic

Advice to Management

Be extremely thorough when interviewing managers as there underlying personalities can/will negatively influence and effect that entire portion of the staff.

Macy's2015-08-26
  5. "Merchandiser/Stocker"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

I have been working at Macy's part-time for less than a year

Pros

They don't harass you while you work.

Cons

Lack of hours, inconsistent hours, no stability, they use you for there selfish needs, can not live off this job point blank.

Advice to Management

Be considerate of non-management employees, we can't live off 3 hours per week, then 0 hours the next week.

Macy's2015-07-06
  6. "Conpany"

Current Employee - Sales Supervisor in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Macy's full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love Macy's as a company. The management team and associates are extremely nice. When I first started, they were extremely welcoming and should be everything that I needed to know.

Cons

Like most retail companies, the holiday season (fourth quarter) is extremely busy. I did not get much time with my family and friends during this time and I also was in the last class of my graduate degree. I would say that being a manager during the holiday season can get a bit stressful.

Advice to Management

My advice to a management team is be sure to get to know your associate. It helps when you show them that you really genuinely care about them and their well being. Also when coaching, everyone is different so your coaching style needs to be different each time with each associate.

Macy's2015-05-31
  7. "It was an ok job !!"

Former Freelancer - Merchandiser in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Macy's for less than a year

Pros

Its a fun environment to be in...

Cons

I disliked the work schedule.

Advice to Management

Better communication.

Macy's2015-05-13
  8. "good to start on a retail job"

Sales Associate in Metairie, LA

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

Very flexible Awesome discounts Managers are never around

Cons

Pay is horrible I work at women shoes, and you are supposed to get comission on top of $9 per hour, but it is almost impossible

Macy's2015-03-27
  9. "Sales Associate."

Sales Associate in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Macy's

Pros

The employee discount isn't bad, not going to lie to you, but other than that, not too many pros.

Cons

Do not work at Macys unless you're desperate for a job, and if you are, please continue looking for something else while employed with them. I have more cons than I do pros, I know Macys varies by location, but I'll tell you about mine. CONS: Macy's wants you to work long hour shifts from open to close which I don't mind, the problem I have with this is, you're not paid much at all, so for those long... shifts you're not making too much. My Macys location was unorganized, management only had one good manager who went out of her way everyday and was always on the floor, other than that the rest of the managers were up in HR or in the break room talking and gossiping. At this location they expected you to play security guard, since their security was never to be found, they wanted us to run behind the people who stole (risking ourselves) while security is either gone for the day, or still sitting the security office twiddling his thumbs. Expect to do a lot of clean up while the younger co-workers (I'm young, but I don't do this) do absolutely nothing but stand behind the register and don't bother helping you.

Advice to Management

Get organized, stop treating your employees like they're cattle, and pay your employees more than what you give them.

Macy's2015-04-11
  10. "Stressful"

Former Employee - Commissioned Sales Associate in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Macy's part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay p/t holiday pay. You get a merchandise discount.

Cons

Sales goals set associates against each other. Poor management skills. Low retail pay. Overnight shifts at Holiday time.

Advice to Management

Ensure fair distribution of sales & work load & get associates the tools they need ie bags.

Macy's2015-02-26