Macy's Manager In Training Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeff Gennette
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Knowledge leads to success."

Former Employee - Sales Training Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Training Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Macy's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Associate development toward outstanding customer relations.

Cons

The holiday schedules could become exhausting.

Advice to Management

Make sure all sales associate are informed of every days special sales and all available discounts.

"Wish they had more integrity"

Former Employee - Sales Supervisor/Sales Manager In Training in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Supervisor/Sales Manager In Training in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Macy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meet Nice People, Got to hang out often after work for drinks with colleagues, Music in the store, Learn how to sell

Cons

Too many meetings... Upper Management lie to get what they want out of you... I had a good store manager when I first started who was very proactive and truly showed me how to lead and coach the macys way... My next store manager was on her way to retirement and would come in around 10am, leave at 5:30pm, and would take one vacation week every month; yet expect me, a new hire as a sales supervisor/manager in training to know the same things as another manager that has been there for 5 years. Would always answer any question with "what do you think the answer is." and if you made the wrong decision, would embarrass you during the daily 3pm turnover meetings. Lies, Lies, Lies... They would teach me how to lie to associates to get what we needed out of them while i was there and would always tell me that I want to see you promoted soon every month, but would never help me get there and when the time came when she didn't need me anymore, told me "this is not the position/company for you." It all really depends on how lucky you are and if you have a great store manager and trainer who are focused on moving you up within the company or just a bunch of big fat liars who want to get what they can out of you and then push you out the door...

Advice to Management

Be more Truthful and up front with people