Macy's Reviews in Miami Beach, FL | Glassdoor

Jeff Gennette
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is nonexistent within a salaried position (in 383 reviews)

• Did I mention the forceful pushing of Macy's credit cards (in 857 reviews)

1. "$9 to $10"

Current Freelancer - Customer Service Representative in Miami Beach, FL
    Current Freelancer - Customer Service Representative in Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at Macy's (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really love to work with Macy did take yogurt the client and the worker

Cons

I used to work there for part-time seasonal I weekend

Advice to Management

I'm a good worker like to be on time take my job seriously I like to work teamwork I believe in teamwork always on time respect my customer friendly with my customer I like to smile I always try to help my customer see I can't I called the supervisor or the my larger

2. "Love hate but its okay"

Current Employee - Beaute Analysis in Miami Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Beaute Analysis in Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at Macy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Macy's will hire anyone so if you need a job this is the place to go. Money wise its not the best. Everyone is friendly which i've enjoyed.

Cons

Pay check isn't the best. Our store doesn't have enough traffic.

Advice to Management

Get to thinking of out of the box ways to drive in more traffic.

3. "Retail Sales Support"

Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in Miami Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in Miami Beach, FL

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the discount was pretty good and we always got first dibs on new clothes

Cons

we weren't getting enough hours from week to week

"Total disregard for their employees if you ask me"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami Beach, FL

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro I can ever think of is the employee discount.

Cons

Macys fights to NOT give their employees what they need, like full-time hours, health benefits and a safe workplace. Or shutting off the security alarm on a rack that has been screaming every 30 minutes during a six hour shift. And why won't they lower that freaking music when the customers ask!!!!??? Also, no air-conditioning for 6am staff. And to top it off a girl who was stealing (and I reported) was still working there when I left. And beware of any company that makes their employees do 2x a year inventory--TOTAL NIGHTMARE. Macys should be ashamed of themselves. Screw your stupid fireworks and parades! Macys sucks in every way possible and I will NEVER shop there again.

Advice to Management

Macys management is clearly the promoted employees who are okay with a terrible work environment. They are management because they've managed not to care. My advice would be for all of Management to go on strike until Macys does the right thing for a change but since you all couldn't care less about anything but your salaries and your materialism this will fall on deaf ears anyway so I'm not wasting anymore of my precious time.

5. "I like it, it's a great job. Great Company to Work For."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a great job! I like working at Macy's. Great Coworkers, great management.

Cons

- I was promised base plus commission and I actually got draw vs commission
    - My macy's always schedules me, one hour away from qualifying for full-time; so I work the hrs but don't get the benefits

"Good Experience, but I wouldn't make a career out of it"

Current Employee - Commissioned Sales Associate in Miami Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Commissioned Sales Associate in Miami Beach, FL

Pros

You get good experience in retail sales and interacting with customers. It is an active job so you have to keep moving.

Cons

It can be very hard on your feet and legs. There is also a lot of pressure to open credit cards. There is also a level of competition among other sales associates to "help" customers. On sale days you have higher goals to meet, yet you are giving away more money as part of the sale.

Advice to Management

I have a few managers, and fortunately the ones in my department are nice and I get along with. However in some of the other departments there are people who are not so nice. Even with my managers though, they still put a lot of pressure on me and others to work extra shifts. It is not enough to just tell them busy as they really dig into your personal life to see why you can't come.

7. "It was somewhere I was able to work to keep me afloat."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami Beach, FL

Pros

I loved the fact I was able to meet new people. Great place to learn how to sell. Also they give you incentive to sell and open cards by providing "macy's money" to pay up to half the price of a product you'd like to buy there.

Cons

I understand customer satisfaction is important, but sometimes I felt that customers that wanted to take advantage of associates and treat them poorly were rewarded with discounts and other things. I remember being scolded for not allowing a customer to treat me rudely, even though I maintained respect for the customer, I still didn't allow them to walk all over me, and had to hear it from a higher up.

Advice to Management

I think it's just as important to have internal customer service as well as external customer service. When you have happy sales associates, you get more sales, customers are treated better, and productivity rises. When sales associates are ignored, they tend to be more negative to customers, care less about their jobs, and it will show in the numbers.

Showing 7 of 15,487 reviews