Macy's Reviews in Orlando, FL | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Merchandiser"

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Macy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. They take care of their employees. Great benefits. Great working environment. They make you feel like family there.

Cons

As a new employee you are working all weekends and holidays.

2. "The whole process was disorganised."

Former Employee - Sales Person in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Person in Orlando, FL

I worked at Macy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any.

Cons

Communication. I had a phone interview and was offered a back of house stocking job. When I went in for training they couldn't find my job offer. I showed them my email confirmation. They wouldn't give me the job that I was offered. Instead I was given a seasonal sales person position.

Advice to Management

Please organise in-house interviews with those from the national call centre. This was a seasonal job so it wasn't a deal-breaker. But in principal I don't like the bait and switch job offers.

3. "Unethical work environment"

Current Employee - Mystlist Executive in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Mystlist Executive in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Macy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best part of working is being able to hold items until they go to Last Act. Associate discount is the same as any Macy's card holder.

Cons

Underpaid, overworked, horrible management, cult like work environment and impossible metrics set.

Advice to Management

Hire management that actually care about associates, pay higher wages, develop your associates, stop with the crazy metrics and stop recruiting people from other companies they will not accept how they are treated at Macy's.

"Macy’s is the worst place to work"

Former Employee - Seller in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Seller in Orlando, FL

I worked at Macy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros .... all are cons

Cons

Macy’s is the worst company to work . Seems like they hate their employees that are abused and understimated. Don take their medical insurance, you will need to pay thousands out your pocket before you are covered, and don’t take their short disability ... if you get hurt in the workplace you are not covered ??!!!
    Don’t believe in their commissions, they know their way around to fullish you. When they give discounts to clients , Macy’s discount it to their employees !!! Managers that most are foreigners doesn’t have a heart! They will push you and obligate you to sell their Macy’s card. They will pay you 3 dollars while the managers get over one thousand dollars per each card sold ! AND if you get hurt , forget about it ! They will work their way around to ignore you and don’t compensate you !
    Macy’s must be the most slavery company in USA. It is the people’s fault that accept tonwork under that environment ! The day that Macy’s doesn’t have NOT ONE person working in their stores , it will make them to reanalyze how they treat workers, but as long as the people continue to work under slavery they will not change !

Advice to Management

Don’t lie to employees , don’t abuse them , don’t steal their commission and all the other abuses you people do.

"Commission Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Commission Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Commission Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Macy's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, good employee discount, good pay with commission during the holidays. If you don't sale enough to make commission, you get paid by the hour.

Cons

You go into deficit if you don't sale enough and have to repay it later once you make commission. Returns are discounted from commission.

Advice to Management

Promote loyal employees instead of bringing in people from the outside who do not know the company.

6. "Weird"

Current Employee - Flex Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Flex Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Macy's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

easy, great interactions, quick work, casual and laid back

Cons

not enough hours , difficult management,

Advice to Management

increase hours

7. "Support Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Macy's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work Independently
    You have great Discount
    Fun Environment

Cons

Early shift
    Have to work on certain Holidays

8. "Merchandising/Freight"

Former Employee - Macys in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Macys in Orlando, FL

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with and an great environment.

Cons

Cons, seasonal thats the only con, seasonal makes u wanna be full time at macys.

Advice to Management

No advice, management always knew and know what to say and do to make there employee feel welcome.

9. "Love the organization, but some store management needs coaching."

Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Orlando, FL

I worked at Macy's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like the exposure to products and flexible schedule.

Cons

I was unable to continue working because I accepted another part-time job. Management was unwilling to give me 3 days a week to work both positions.

Advice to Management

I had a part-time job w/ Macy's for almost 4 years. During that time I worked multiple positions & varying hours. When I was unable to rely on my manager to provide me consistent hours in order to support myself I took on another part-time job for 3 days a week totaling 24 hours. Those days were Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. These days are typically the slowest days of the work week in the store. My immediate supervisor informed me they would not be able to accommodate those hours. I was only guaranteed 12 hours on random days of the week with Macy's. On top of that I wouldn't find out what my schedule for the coming week starting on Sunday would be until Thursday. I was unable to schedule job interviews, doctors appointments, because of that. As a result, my manager ceased to put me on the schedule. I was technically hired as a seasonal employee, though I was told they needed help and I was welcome to stay. I was a previous Macy's customer & will always be. I would suggest management consider the employees time and life outside of working hours.

10. "Overall, great"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Macy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement. Great brand. Great benefits. Good environment to work. Great experience leading the sales floor at a very young age.

Cons

Declining sales. It is tough to make sales goals. It is possible but it takes truly learning the business and avoid distractions and roadblocks

Advice to Management

Simplify workload of sales managers

Showing 90 of 16,864 reviews