Macy's Reviews in Orlando, FL | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Merchandiser"

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Macy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. They take care of their employees. Great benefits. Great working environment. They make you feel like family there.

Cons

As a new employee you are working all weekends and holidays.

2. "Macy’s is the worst place to work"

Former Employee - Seller in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Seller in Orlando, FL

I worked at Macy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros .... all are cons

Cons

Macy’s is the worst company to work . Seems like they hate their employees that are abused and understimated. Don take their medical insurance, you will need to pay thousands out your pocket before you are covered, and don’t take their short disability ... if you get hurt in the workplace you are not covered ??!!!
    Don’t believe in their commissions, they know their way around to fullish you. When they give discounts to clients , Macy’s discount it to their employees !!! Managers that most are foreigners doesn’t have a heart! They will push you and obligate you to sell their Macy’s card. They will pay you 3 dollars while the managers get over one thousand dollars per each card sold ! AND if you get hurt , forget about it ! They will work their way around to ignore you and don’t compensate you !
    Macy’s must be the most slavery company in USA. It is the people’s fault that accept tonwork under that environment ! The day that Macy’s doesn’t have NOT ONE person working in their stores , it will make them to reanalyze how they treat workers, but as long as the people continue to work under slavery they will not change !

Advice to Management

Don’t lie to employees , don’t abuse them , don’t steal their commission and all the other abuses you people do.

"Commission Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Commission Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Commission Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Macy's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, good employee discount, good pay with commission during the holidays. If you don't sale enough to make commission, you get paid by the hour.

Cons

You go into deficit if you don't sale enough and have to repay it later once you make commission. Returns are discounted from commission.

Advice to Management

Promote loyal employees instead of bringing in people from the outside who do not know the company.

"Macy's doesn't want to pay you"

Former Employee - Selling Floor Lead, Full Time in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Selling Floor Lead, Full Time in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Macy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office is next to the restroom? I dunno. This job was bad.

Cons

They attempted to get me to sign up for a credit card on my first day, and I was told I wouldn't get store discounts unless I signed up.

They told me they were paying under minimum wage for training. They said "$8 an hour" and minimum here is $8.25

During the interview, we had never spoken about pay, and upon speaking with HR about it on day 1, they were inflexible and dismissive of it. I had the exact same job for someone else, and I was paid almost double with less work.

You get trained like you're an idiot who doesn't know basic common sense.

Advice to Management

If someone puts they expect double digits on their application, and you don't discuss salary in the interview, it should be discussed day 1 with HR. There was a part time position available during my interview, after the pay discrepancy, that opportunity disappeared. Macy's really didn't want me if they weren't willing to add an extra 50 cents or so to the pay for negotiations sake, or let me switch to part time, but clearly they don't want it.

5. "Great Company to work and learn"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Macy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great environment, excellent Company to learn, good team and fun

Cons

Long periods stand, many changes of sales,

6. "Weird"

Current Employee - Flex Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Flex Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Macy's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

easy, great interactions, quick work, casual and laid back

Cons

not enough hours , difficult management,

Advice to Management

increase hours

7. "Support Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Macy's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work Independently
    You have great Discount
    Fun Environment

Cons

Early shift
    Have to work on certain Holidays

8. "Merchandising/Freight"

Former Employee - Macys in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Macys in Orlando, FL

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with and an great environment.

Cons

Cons, seasonal thats the only con, seasonal makes u wanna be full time at macys.

Advice to Management

No advice, management always knew and know what to say and do to make there employee feel welcome.

9. "Love the organization, but some store management needs coaching."

Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Orlando, FL

I worked at Macy's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like the exposure to products and flexible schedule.

Cons

I was unable to continue working because I accepted another part-time job. Management was unwilling to give me 3 days a week to work both positions.

Advice to Management

I had a part-time job w/ Macy's for almost 4 years. During that time I worked multiple positions & varying hours. When I was unable to rely on my manager to provide me consistent hours in order to support myself I took on another part-time job for 3 days a week totaling 24 hours. Those days were Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. These days are typically the slowest days of the work week in the store. My immediate supervisor informed me they would not be able to accommodate those hours. I was only guaranteed 12 hours on random days of the week with Macy's. On top of that I wouldn't find out what my schedule for the coming week starting on Sunday would be until Thursday. I was unable to schedule job interviews, doctors appointments, because of that. As a result, my manager ceased to put me on the schedule. I was technically hired as a seasonal employee, though I was told they needed help and I was welcome to stay. I was a previous Macy's customer & will always be. I would suggest management consider the employees time and life outside of working hours.

10. "Overall, great"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Macy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement. Great brand. Great benefits. Good environment to work. Great experience leading the sales floor at a very young age.

Cons

Declining sales. It is tough to make sales goals. It is possible but it takes truly learning the business and avoid distractions and roadblocks

Advice to Management

Simplify workload of sales managers

Showing 106 of 16,677 reviews