Macy's Portland Reviews

Updated Jun 9, 2020

Macy's CEO Jeff Gennette
Jeff Gennette
0 Rating
  1. "Quality management and overall friendly staff."

5.0
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in South Portland, ME

I worked at Macy's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedules, helpful/friendly coworkers, great managers, excellent HR. There's always someone there to lend a hand when the going gets tough. Department can really feel like a family.

Cons

Holiday schedules can be rough, inventory is exhausting of course, pay isn't amazing, but overall really great employer. Sales goals and "top associates" charts can bring out the worst in some but most are great.

2. "Fun to work, lots to do, but very enjoyable"

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in South Portland, ME

I worked at Macy's full-time for less than a year

Pros

it is never boring, if you love working and being successful, this is the way to go

Cons

stressful holiday hours, but that is to be expected

Continue reading

"It's an okay place to work! But..."

Current Employee - Jewelry Sales Associate - Seasonal in South Portland, ME

I have been working at Macy's part-time for less than a year

Pros

A great employee discount! You get your discount on top of the sales that are going on in the store, which adds up. The people are great, very friendly, and will help you when you need it. A nice atmosphere. Always hiring!

Cons

Low pay, for decent work. The schedule is not consistent - you don't know if you'll get any work in a week or how many hours you'll get. They are trying to cut down on people's hours as well, for budget reasons (shopping malls are becoming obsolete you know, sorry :/). Training could be a whole lot better. I did not feel at all prepared on my first day being on the floor. There is a lot of burnout from the full-time employees who have been there for a long time. A serious amount of theft happens, and you can't always catch people.

4. "Wonderful"

Current Employee - Womens Shoes in South Portland, ME

I have been working at Macy's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great management team. Cheerful, upbeat atmosphere.Employee discount of 20%. Relaxed and not very many rules.

Cons

Hard to get required credit goals, Seem to be stuck on paying 8.00 an hour. Too many associates scheduled at one time which made it hard to make commision, Worked alot of hours for little money and time off.

5. "Wonderful Experience"

5.0
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in South Portland, ME

I worked at Macy's full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great managers, fair sales goals, easy scheduling, good working environment, good team spirit.

Cons

Commission based employees had a tendency to be nasty and rude, certain long term associates could be unfair/only interested in their numbers.

6. "With an exceptional manager and team, but for PT me, selling demands far exceed the low pay."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in South Portland, ME

I have been working at Macy's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Lucked out with an exceptional manager and good dept. sales team. Employee discount + promo discounts are good. Sales training sessions helpful.

Cons

LOW pay. Inexperienced newbies scheduled alone frustrate me and my customer at POS. Not a fan of myscheduleplus. FT'ers really hate it.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews