Macy's Sales Associate In Macy's Reviews | Glassdoor

Macy's CEO Jeff Gennette
Jeff Gennette

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance is nonexistent within a salaried position" (in 400 reviews)

• "Did I mention the forceful pushing of Macy's credit cards" (in 875 reviews)

1. "Support"

Current Employee - Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Macy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When i was work at macys all tje co wo r ks was nice to one a others and tjey are fi u n t o work. My supervisor was nice to i would love to work at macys again in boca again are th je one in Boynton beach to

Cons

Everyth i ng about it is nice you know

Advice to Management

I would love to work there a gain my name is pharajeangeorges it just me. Bit i like macys. I like t he clothes that they sale to you can go to macys snd go to three f loor t hat where the kids clothes are at you should go there and shopping and you can try to work there y would lovevit

2. "Ladies Shoes Sales Associate (Commission) of Macy - Hourly"

Former Employee - Ladies Shoes Sales Associate (Commission) of Macy in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours were relatively flexible and the coworkers were willing to answer any questions I had. The employee discount was great.

Cons

Didn't spend a lot of time training. There was one time where I was asked to come in before opening and was asked to do a task that I had not been trained on. (Scanning the RFID on the shoes that out on display).

3. "Seasonal Associate"

Former Employee - Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate in Paramus, NJ
    Former Employee - Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate in Paramus, NJ

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good customer service experience, nice people, flexible system.

Cons

Very busy during holiday season, very hectic and sometimes have to stay longer than shift

4. "Seasonal Ringer"

Former Employee - Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate in Arcadia, CA
    Former Employee - Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate in Arcadia, CA

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at Macys is because you get ate learn a lot of new things in different areas.

Cons

Some of the downsides working at Macys was getting rude customers.

Advice to Management

Give more hours.

"You can do better!!"

Former Employee - Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate in Wheaton, MD
    Former Employee - Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate in Wheaton, MD

I worked at Macy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cash and clothing bonus/discounts, Macy money discounts. If its the season you will get tons of hours.

Cons

Lack of strong leadership, minimal to NO growth potential, zero - none team players in the store. Always short on staff and the present staff lack of knowledge (communication, technology, courtesy). Overworked and underpaid. Voice is never heard. Terrible leadership, if you have mediocre skills in management Macy's will hire you. Company NEVER, listens to an associate. They will completely disregards what their customer tells them. Spend less money on CEO, bodyguards, private cars and private jets, train well your managers and shift leaders specifically in People skills, customer service, HR then you wouldn't have to lay off thousands of people every year. Pay your associates more specifically those leading and the good ones, and they will take better care of your customers and your buildings.
    Some of their equipment NEVER works properly an/or are broken. Mold and mildew everywhere, regional management knew about it and did nothing. Store handles very gettish clients because they seem care less for everything. They invested $0 in keeping it safe for customers and associates. Disgusting display of leadership, they should be embarrassed. Customers complained constantly about the smell in fitting rooms and bathrooms, again they did nothing.

Advice to Management

Hire more prepared personal when it comes to "operations, managers and house keeping". They are the key to a good shift and getting the ball rolling. So far Macy's is a terrible company, who does not care about it's employees. Your managers are very Discriminatory and NO ONE, NOT EVEN HR does anything about performing such wrong practices. Macy's Allowes hostile work environment and played favorites. Its a very unclean environment in all aspects. Don't expect to get any help from management; it's a disaster! They expect you to know everything without proper training and or explanation's when it come to floor work. Very unfair environment!

6. "my exsperince"

Former Employee - Macys Sales Associate in Langhorne, PA
    Former Employee - Macys Sales Associate in Langhorne, PA

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

easy job, good pay for par time and friendly employees

Cons

not flexible, very hard to work with management, and will fire you if you cant work day after you get out of the hospital

7. "Great discount"

Former Employee - Macys Sales Associate in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Macys Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discount and interaction with customers, enjoyed getting to know customers, their likes and dislikes, ability to pick up hours and work different departments

Cons

Pay compared to time your worked, little to no training, management often not available to help out when extremely busy, no longevity

Advice to Management

Best way to manage is to pitch in when needed.

8. "Macy's Red Star"

Current Employee - Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible work schedule. It works with my school schedule since I have school in the daytime and come home at night.

Cons

Sometimes the customer's can get a little cranky but working at Macy's tries to eliminate the problem but can't.

Advice to Management

Better customer service stations and people willing to help customers at all costs.

9. "Working at Macy's"

Current Employee - Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Macy's (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is good. The hours are good.

Cons

There is a lot of drama and the management team is a mixed bag a lot of good and a few bad.

Advice to Management

Don't let the pay difference get to your head. And you need better people management skills.

10. "Seasonal Employee: Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The discount is good it's an easy job. It's a simple way to make extra cash during the holidays. The dress code is very relaxed (at my store it was).

Cons

I worked at Macy's during the holiday season and most of my coworkers were snobs and mean. They didn't associate with me because I was younger, they'd always brag about their years of working there versus mine. Also, I was promised to be hired in by management and then after inventory they cut every seasonal worker without a notice!! Very unprofessional!!!

Advice to Management

If you're going to let someone go without reason, give them a proper notice and don't lie about them getting hired in!!