Macy's Reviews in Santa Clarita, CA | Glassdoor

Jeff Gennette
  1. "Very flexible hours"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at Macy's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very flexible hours and schedule. Pay is okay for part time. Manager will work with you.

Cons

Often short staff so the neatness of the store suffers. Lack of training for brand new employees.

Macy's2019-04-07
  2. "Macy’s Review"

Former Employee - Receiving Associate in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at Macy's part-time for less than a year

Pros

pretty good pay and friendly employees to help you out

Cons

didn’t get as many hours as wanted

Macy's2019-04-09

"Ladies Shoes Sales Associate (Commission) of Macy - Hourly"

Former Employee - Ladies Shoes Sales Associate (Commission) of Macy in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at Macy's part-time for less than a year

Pros

The hours were relatively flexible and the coworkers were willing to answer any questions I had. The employee discount was great.

Cons

Didn't spend a lot of time training. There was one time where I was asked to come in before opening and was asked to do a task that I had not been trained on. (Scanning the RFID on the shoes that out on display).

Macy's2018-10-03
  4. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at Macy's full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Commission was amazing if you can handle the competitive environment and build your clientele. Great option to pick up more hours when you want. Great position if you are self-sufficient.

Cons

Cosmetic manager is completely inexperienced especially in sales and never stepped up to customer complaints. Counter manager would say one thing when brand representative was there and the complete opposite when she left. Super slow on the cosmetic and fragrance part of the store during the week except during special events.

Advice to Management

Management needs to step up more in every aspect. Cosmetic manager should put more effort into sales because a big part of store revenue is made from that department. I have never seen her interact with a customer. Cosmetic manager creates an environment of favoritism and needs to work on relationships with customers as well as her own team.

Macy's2018-09-15
  5. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at Macy's full-time

Pros

they work with your schedule

Cons

Macy's Valencia found a reason not give us the minimum wage increase on 07/01/2016 so I feel I am not important enough if you fight not to give a state raise..

Advice to Management

Keep working with the associates.

Macy's2016-08-31

"Not as promised"

Part-Time Sales Associate in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at Macy's

Pros

Several hours were given, full lunches were given, easy to get along with coworkers, full training was given

Cons

While lots of hours were given, was worked overtime and was not paid for it after being hired for a part time position. Hour long lunches were given, but often at awkward hours for example after my 6th hour of working after starting at 3pm and then only having an hour left.

Advice to Management

Pay better attention to employees availability. If you hire them knowing that they can not come in to work on Mondays because of school, then don't schedule them for Monday.

Macy's2015-05-07