Macy's Reviews in Tampa, FL | Glassdoor

Macy's CEO Jeff Gennette
Jeff Gennette

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "clerical- responsible for return mails w/new add, create ltrs, mailing, indexing accts, etc."

Current Employee - Clerk in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Clerk in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Macy's part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Like flexible hours, not commuting anymore. Work for Macy's for almost 19 years, part time for the last 3 years.

Cons

Commuting 5 days a week, not flexible hours, not a home job.

Advice to Management

reduce password changes to longer period

2. "Seasonal Part Time"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Brandon, FL
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Brandon, FL

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you’re seasonal- no points system so you can be late and it doesn’t matter.

Cons

Crappy training, if you’re seasonal- no commission, discount is annoying- either need a prepaid card and load more than what you’re paying into it or sign up for the Macy’s credit card to use discount. Again training- you watch 8 hours of videos and are expected to know what you’re doing once you’re on the floor.

"Customer service associate"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Macy's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Better than a lot of call centers.

Cons

Have to work every other Saturday. Crazy around Christmas. Citi bank is exerting more control.

4. "Customer Service Associate"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Macy's (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's steady work. Get a Macy's associate discount.

Cons

Working every other weekend. Low pay. Limited training.

5. "BS"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Authorizations/New Accounts in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Macy's full-time

Pros

You get paid ok for listening to people curse at you all day

Cons

They make the job way more stressful than it needs to be. you are using a system that has so many bugs that they need to fix. And you are handling up to three departments at once witch kills the stats they want you to have and then they will fire you for not making a customer service call that is about fifty million questions long fit into two minutes while keeping your customer service at 100%.

Advice to Management

Stop pushing your staff so freaken hard and go back to the old system the customers liked it better and so did the employees.

6. "Very flexible job that can become a bit too comfortable for those not in school or looking to move forward and up"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Brandon, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Brandon, FL

I have been working at Macy's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible
    Fair, responsive assoaciates
    Associate discount. 20-30%

Cons

Miscommunication among management
    And older building. Some charm is lost

7. "Hiring Specialist"

Former Employee - Hiring Specialist in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Hiring Specialist in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Macy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment lost of personal development opportunities.

Cons

The computer system is a bit outdated

Advice to Management

Reflect a positive out put not a low pace pressure on output

8. "Furniture and Bedding is a nightmare"

Former Employee - Furniture and Bedding Customer Service in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Furniture and Bedding Customer Service in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Macy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, cafeteria, schedule flexibility, nice co-workers

Cons

Low Pay, Back to Back Calls, Barely any PTO days,

Advice to Management

Furniture and Bedding is a Joke. Call center reps are suppose to give great customer service however Warehouses could care less about the customers spending thousands of dollars with Macy's. Warehouses will cancel deliveries and never notify the customers. If the warehouse fails a delivery, they do not follow up with the customers and it's up to the customer's to call back over and over to find out what's going on. Delivery Drivers don't even inspect the furniture before it goes out and deliver damaged furniture 2 or 3 times in a row. About 20% of the calls require that you follow up with the customer, however we are never given time to follow up with the customers so we have to lie to the customer's that ask us to follow up with them (what's the alternative? Telling customers that the company doesn't allow us to do follow ups and that the Company expects you to call over and over because you are not important enough for a follow up?). Calls per hour is really counter-customer service because we are pressured to rush the call and not completely fix the customer's problem because it takes too long to do it, therefore having customer call backs that are furious that it takes more than 3-5 calls to resolve their issue. There is no communication about company policies because team meetings are just stupid morale boosters with how well our team is doing. There are communications that get sent out, however we don't have the time to read them because we're expected to be on the phone 98% of the whole shift (giving us only 9 minutes to read communications/go to the bathroom/walk to and from the break areas/etc). We were suppose to have team meeting's once per week, however some weeks we couldn't have a team meeting because the call volume was too high, how are we suppose to get help with complicated situations if we do not have the time to do so? The supervisors have even stopped the once-a-week coaching for certain people, but still coach other people weekly... It's been a month since I've been coached last, however I see my other team mates getting coached on a weekly basis. I'm trained on 1 out of 2 systems we are suppose to know to do our jobs correctly. The first system is very glitchy and does not work half of the time so you have to do it on the second system, which there was no training on, zilch, zero. So, when the first system glitches out, then we have to wait on hold for sometimes 5-10 minutes to get a hold of someone who knows how to use the second system to solve our problems, therefore, decreasing calls per hour and yet it's my fault.... Training is very poor, I guarantee you if I was the trainer you would have better employees because I know the real issues that classes should be preparing for instead of "trust the system and it will guide you on what to do" .... um.... no ..... very wrong when the system doesn't work right half the time. Long story short, we cannot make customers happy when we are encouraged to rush people off the phone for some stupid calls per hour quota we're expected to meet, sales people lie to customers to make a sale, and the warehouse and furniture inspection companies could honestly care less about the customer when they are the ones who failed. This is why Macy's is going to go out of business soon. STOP MICROMANAGING EMPLOYEES AND START MICROMANAGING YOUR CONTRACTED SUBSIDIARIES IF YOU WANT HAPPY CUSTOMERS!

9. "Flexible for all department"

Current Employee - At Your Service Agent in Wesley Chapel, FL
    Current Employee - At Your Service Agent in Wesley Chapel, FL

I have been working at Macy's (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to Learn all department task

Cons

Not enough pay for position

Advice to Management

Higher pay rate

10. "Macys.com"

Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits package was very complete.

Cons

Their dress code was absurd.

Showing 170 of 17,005 reviews