Macy's Trainer Reviews | Glassdoor

Macy's CEO Jeff Gennette
Jeff Gennette

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Fantastic, a great place to work with many opportunities."

Former Employee - Human Resource Admin Assistant, Payroll Specialist, Sales Trainer in Skokie, IL

I worked at Macy's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Was given great training and opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Long hours during the Christmas holidays.

2. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Trainer in Cerritos, CA
    Former Employee - Trainer in Cerritos, CA

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is nice. The interview was simple and straight forward.

Cons

Training was a bit unorganized. First you are trained on a computer for 1-2 days and then hands on, which isn't so bad, but then that all depends on the sales associate that is training you. It was like the blind leading the blind.

3. "Cosmetics - Flex Associate/Cash Office Associate"

Former Employee - Human Resources Interviewer/Trainer in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Interviewer/Trainer in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Macy's part-time

Pros

This was a great place to work while going to school. I needed the flexibility in schedule but it also increased my business skills. I learned a lot there and enjoyed the people I worked with. Retail is another world with competition and varying types of customers but you learn a lot about yourself.

Cons

As a flex, I picked up shifts that ranged between 4 - 7 hours long. It took my feet a long to get used to being on my feet for that long on hard floors.
    Customer service can be challenging at times with those difficult customers who suck the life out of you. I appreciated my customer service experience because it gives me a different perspective when I am a customer.

"Unprofessional / Dishonest Recruiting"

Former Employee - Macy's Seasonal Interviewer/Trainer
    Former Employee - Macy's Seasonal Interviewer/Trainer

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

20% discount, only if you apply for their credit card. Discount is applied after statement but not at time of transaction

Cons

SALARY! THEY INSULT EVERY EMPLOYEE WITH THEIR SALARY WAGES. What they call MAGIC of selling is to pressure customers in signing up for their credit card. Always engage in conversation with a customer pertaining to what they may be doing and execute a line that will possibly con the individual to purchase an item. Example: You see a Girl Wearing Boots, You engage in conversation by saying excuse me I love your boots I have the same pair. We just received a shipment of beautiful tops that go perfect with them, I even purchased some shirts!

Advice to Management

Honesty!