Macy's Reviews in Valencia, CA | Glassdoor

"Cosmetics"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

I worked at Macy's full-time

Pros

Nice co-workers to work with.
    Loved the floor managers. The store manager, Robert, was disliked.

Cons

Threaten employees with termination if they don't open a certain amount of credit card applications. Customer Service is NOT the priority, it's about credit card apps, and because of this, they instill a lot of fear in employees and have no loyalty whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Customer Service should ALWAYS be the priority. I worked in Cosmetics, and had a lot of complaints about the clothing areas--no one to help them, and they were always a mess. Treat your employees WITH RESPECT, and you will get loyalty from them, and happy people working for you. Not many were happy, unfortunately, when I was there.

2. "Terrible experience"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I didn't notice any positive pros

Cons

Very un-professional management! Terrible experience with the girls as soon as you walk into the so called "executive office". They are extremely rude to you and give you an attitude when you ask a simple question. It is filthy dirty in the executive area, just trashy and stains all over the carpet.I was left in a room by myself to take the ridiculous never ending training for 7 1/2 hours straight, NOT one time did anyone ever ask me if I needed help or if I had any questions, needed a bathroom break, introduced themselves or acknowledged me at all! The training process is so beyond words I have NEVER had a session like this in my entire working career! What a nightmare, whoever invented this horrific training session should be fired immediately! As I stated before I was there for 7 1/2 hours watching videos and was told I would have to come back to finish up the training as I still had a few more hours of training to go. Are you kidding me like 12 hours of just sitting and watching videos about the company for 12 hours to be a sales associate. This isn't rocket science people it's a sales associate position!!!! I have such a different opinion about Macy's now because in the videos it talks about customer service, being friendly, helpful, courtesy etc. but yet I was treated like garbage and ignored my very first training day by management and front desk girls that it's so beyond HYPOCRITICAL to be made to watch these videos about being nice and pleasant but yet at the very same time being treated so badly! I have had a total of 9 jobs in my life and my most recent for 19 years working for the government and I just wanted a fun part time job for a little extra cash and wanted to meet new people but what a HUGE mistake that turned out to be. I'm so disgusted with the rude treatment I received I don't know if I will even continue to shop here. Obviously I won't be returning to this place to finish there ridiculous never ending training and I have declined to finish the hiring process. Oh one other comment they also don't tell you that while you are being paid to go to training that the amount is less then minimum wage it's $8.00 an hour while the position pays $8.50.

Advice to Management

Practice what you and your training videos preach and you should be nice, kind, courteous, and helpful etc!

"Stressful sales position"

Current Employee - Women's Shoes in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Women's Shoes in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co workers are nice and willing to show you the way.

Cons

Sales goals are ridiculous. 3 hr. closing shift, and you're expected to sell $500. Customers are rude and get pissed if you cannot locate the shoe they want. Shoes sometimes have mis mates so not matter how hard you try, sometimes you won't find the other pair in the back. Customers don't get how inventory is organized and that inventory gets lost and take it out on the employee. In addition, customers ask for undeserved discounts non stop.

Advice to Management

Management needs to step up and help ring customers up at times.

4. "my experience is phenominal the people are amazing."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Valencia, CA

Pros

good opportunities for promotion. the people are friendly and it has a good pay and can even increase with more experience.

Cons

the training is long but when it comes to understanding how to work the cash register your on your own and it will come with practice.

Advice to Management

i have no words for the mangement because many of them are extrewmely nice and complete their jobs with exceptional ability.

5. "Great"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Valencia, CA

Pros

Great working environment for anyone who will enjoy retail sales.

Cons

If you are not motivted do not accept the position. Could be stressful

6. "okay if you just need a job."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Valencia, CA

Pros

My own manager was great but the rest were incompetent and rude. I worked there for four years and people who just started were making more money than me. It is a frustrating place to work but it is low stress as far as sales go.

Cons

Low pay is the number one reason not to work here. Also sometimes the other sales associates can be very catty and steal sales.

Advice to Management

Pay people fairly. Listen to your employees and understand that they are the back bone of the store and deserve to be heard.

Showing 6 of 14,270 reviews