Madden Communications Employee Reviews about "pay and benefits"

Updated Sep 23, 2018

3.7
Madden Communications CEO Marc Wasserman (no image)
Marc Wasserman
Pros
  • "Strong benefits, good pay, nice environment, nice people, challenging work(in 8 reviews)

• "Flexible work environment, great pay and benefits(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management should keep communicating and being open for questions(in 4 reviews)

• "no room(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "pay and benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

You want to work at Madden!

Oct 4, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Wood Dale, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great privately held, small but growing company that really listens to it's employees. New benefit programs, community opportunities and employee engagement events in the last 1 - 2 years. People are friendly, fun and truly want to help each other out. Flexible work environment, great pay and benefits.

Cons

Even though the work environment is flexible, at times it still feels like there's an underlying dislike from management for asking for flexibility even when it's granted.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to review Madden. We value your feedback and will continue to ask our employees for suggestions and work with them on implementation.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Toxic

Sep 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and benefits are ok

Cons

Does not value or trust employees at all Promotions, while rare, are based solely on politics and not on experience, knowledge or ability Super toxic environment - unrealistic expectations, long hours, constantly stressful Ignores concerns that are repeatedly brought up to supervisors Successful at pushing good talent out the door with redundant processes, overbearing procedures and inconsistent standards Does not reward for hard work, just need bodies without opinions - expressing oneself is met with extreme negatively, harsh criticism and arbitrary rules to keep employees in check Not a team atmosphere, instead the cultivated mentality is every man for himself Team oriented activities are limited and attempts at creating a welcoming environment and positive culture are forced Lack of opportunities for employee enrichment - no effort is put into professional development, career advancement or personal growth It's no surprise the company is losing business fast based on their negative reputation, cheap practices and poor quality creativity

8 people found this review helpful

HR Director

It is disappointing that you had this experience at Madden. We strive to provide a positive work environment for all and will continue to work on improvements in some of the areas you mentioned.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Learned a lot, then had to forget it.

Jan 13, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pay and benefits are good, and most of the people are nice, although most of the time I felt like I was living out the movie Office Space. Lots of change happened in the time I was there.

Cons

There is too much micro-management going on, which always made me feel I was not trusted. I was led to believe I was in line for a promotion but was passed over multiple times without explanation. There was a lot of office gossip going on, and lots of closed door meetings.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good not great but still better than most places I've worked.

Jul 18, 2013 - Manager in Wood Dale, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Madden has better than average pay and benefits for a mid-sized company.

Cons

There is lots of change going on but is for the good of the business.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful

HR Generalist

We appreciate your comments. Yes, we have been changing a lot - more employee events and participation opportunities, new business and new benefits. We continue to have Company update meetings a couple times a year for everyone to gather on where we've been and where we're going.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews