Madison Apartment Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joseph Mullen

1. "Leasing Consultant Experience"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Madison Apartment Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is very helpful and does not micro manage. The pay is very good for the leasing world.

Cons

Often times things change when it comes to policies and procedures. Long as you are quick on your feet you shouldn't have any issues

Advice to Management

Listen more to the needs of your employees. Often times we are left unheard and things change without thinking of the effects of the employees

2. "Assistant Property Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Community Director in Reading, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Community Director in Reading, PA

I have been working at Madison Apartment Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair pay, commission and bonus structure. Benefits are great and offered upon hire. Rarely any micro-managing going on, which is amazing. Management have all been extremely helpful and friendly. Work atmosphere is pretty laid back.

Cons

Property can sell at any time--but that's with any company in this industry.

"Nothing Great"

Former Employee - Assistant Community Director in O'Fallon, MO
    Former Employee - Assistant Community Director in O'Fallon, MO

I worked at Madison Apartment Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company had good 401K matching with full vesting immediately. Initial training was sufficient. There is a good chance to move to a different state depending on the opening / available positions.

Cons

It was just unfortunate that the site I worked at had poor teamwork, which the regional wasn't aware of. It didn't have a professional set-up as I've experienced a lot of yelling. I felt the disconnect with maintenance as work was not passed on to me efficiently.

Advice to Management

Please consider to conduct exit interviews at all times especially on properties with high turnover.

"Love My Job!"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Winter Haven, FL
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Winter Haven, FL

I have been working at Madison Apartment Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have never loved a job more than I have this one. I am a leasing consultant in Florida for a Madison property. The pay is great, they offer commission for every lease and even renewals! There are quarterly bonuses based on the performance of the property, which really encourages you to work as a team! I have an awesome Community Director, Assistant Community Director, and all of our Service Techs are phenomenal! Corporate is awesome! I've never been made to feel insignificant or unimportant by any of the upper level or on site management. I hope to stay with Madison for the long haul for sure, and would recommend this company to ANYONE!

Cons

The only con I can think of isn't necessarily for employees, I just wish that they would come up with some packages for residents such as including water, or at least not charging extra for pest control, bill processing and trash, but aside from that, I think that the company is amazing, and is only improving with everything they do!

Advice to Management

Management is amazing. Thank you for taking such good care of your employees!

6. "frustrated leasing consultan"

Former Employee - Leasing Agent in Mundelein, IL
    Former Employee - Leasing Agent in Mundelein, IL

I worked at Madison Apartment Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits including vacation time and bonuses and commission were awesome

Cons

sick time had to be earned before you could take "sick time"
    being open on sunday when there wasn't a lot of need to be open
    You were told that it was a family company that you were working with but it was really everyone out for themselves.

Advice to Management

consider your employees and their life instead of making them into little robots.

"Community Director"

Former Employee - Community Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Madison Apartment Group (More than 5 years)

Pros

Madison Apartment Group is a cutting edge management company with being a paper less company from pay rent on line, renewals on line, leasing on line and completing a new lease on line. Managers write monthly reports and speak with the vice president, CEO and COO monthly. Madison Apartment Group believes in the employees they hire and residents that live on site. We believe in our product when some one moves in that a 30 day Satisfaction will be is giving to all new move ins. If the new residents does not like the apartment they can move out with out paying term fees. Great benefits and Madison has high expectations from the employee's but also believes in the work balance life. Best Company I have every worked for and hope that Madison Apartment Group buys more properties in the Jacksonville Market. Training department is great all the way to the audit team.

Cons

I have no cons to say regarding Madison Apartment Group

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and do what you do best job well done to all of management.

8. "Leasing Consultant"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Wilsonville, OR
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Wilsonville, OR

Pros

I love my team. We have constant access to free training. Pay is good as well the quarterly bonuses and commissions. Paid holidays, benefits. Matching 401k.

Cons

None really. I have been truly happy.

Advice to Management

You guys have been great. Thank you Dean for all that you do.

9. "Madison Apartment Group will rob you blind!"

Former Employee - Leasing Agent in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Leasing Agent in Durham, NC

I worked at Madison Apartment Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no Pros - "None"

Cons

Advice: Be sure to collect your earned commission before leaving this company. If you do not, they will keep it. Then, if you demand your earned commission, they will not give it to you and if you use them as a job reference, they will tell your potential employer (trying to get the reference) that they have NO RECORD of you ever working for the company!!!!

Advice to Management

Hire More Men!

"Best Property Management Company Around!"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Madison Apartment Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is great in comparison to the other property companies around. The upper management is incredibly supportive and really give the feeling of a team environment. Everyone is very open toward your input. I have really enjoyed working here for 2 years.

Cons

There really are none. I think, depending on the property, you have to work Sundays occasionally. This means that you will have to work a half day during the week which can make for 9-12 day work days. (Again, this depends on property not the management)

Advice to Management

Thank you for allowing me to work with you! I really appreciate all of the support and I think that you are all doing great.

"GREAT PLACE TO WORK"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Madison Apartment Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay better than alot of other property management companies, they do not stress about numbers, the property really speaks for its self.

Cons

None that i can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.