Madrona Ridge Residential Reviews | Glassdoor

John Orehek

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Madrona Is Great"

I have been working at Madrona Ridge Residential full-time

Pros

Awesome benefits, paid holidays off, flexible PTO. The commission as a leasing consultant is the biggest pro over all for the job

Cons

weekends are required and sometimes it is tough to keep a smile on your face when dealing with difficult residents

2. "Great company culture"

Current Employee - Regional Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Manager

I have been working at Madrona Ridge Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall, very supportive people at all levels. Company promotes work/life balance, and works to train and grow their employees to advance from within

Cons

There has been some change in upper management, which has been hard for site levels to understand. They are growing in other regions, but less room to grow if you aren't in the Washington area

Advice to Management

Be more transparent at site level with what changes and company vision is

"Great company"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Spokane, WA

Pros

Mon through fri 9 to 5 job, great with family life and keeping family and work seperate

Cons

Pay good be a little better witb min wage increase

4. "Hands down best company to work for"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant/Unofficial Assistant Manager in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Madrona Ridge Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was employed by MRR when my property was being sold, & made the mistake of staying at the property I worked at & was hired by the new company, rather than remaining with MRR & having them place me at another location. Madrona is the first property management company I have worked for, but I can honestly say they are one of the best. The company is very supportive of their employees, & never misses the chance to help their team grow stronger & provides a lot of support for new hires & training for all of the employees. The benefits are excellent (Blue Cross Blue Sheild/Delta Dental). I made $13.00/hr + monthly commission for new leases ($50) & renewals ($35, no minimum) & quarterly performance bonuses. I worked on a small property, & primarily ran the office myself. My residents are more than just lease signers to me, I know all their names & keep up with them regularly. They are great tenants who rarely cause any trouble.
    I am no longer a MRR employee but am patiently waiting for them to pick up another property closer to my home, & would gladly work for them again.

Cons

No longer managing properties in the city I live in, so I would have to relocate or commute 20+ miles daily in rush hour.
    Bonuses & commissions are taxed 40%, so if I make $1000 in commission, I take home $600 & never see the other $400 again, not even in my tax return.
    Don't open a Flexible Spending Account (FSA). It sounds like an awesome deal, but it's really just a pain in the neck to deal with in every aspect.
    Employees can live on site like, but only at the property they work at, with a 20% rental discount. But is market price -20%. So an apartment could be offered at $1200/mo to prospective residents, but the market value of the same unit would be $1650 or even more depending on the renovations, age of the property & the location. This results in employees paying as much as the tenants, possibly more.

Advice to Management

Buy more properties in Clark County, & offer wage increases/promotions to employees that are doing more than is required of them. Don't forget to recognize the little people, working at smaller properties.

5. "Good management, Great training!"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Madrona Ridge Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working for Madrona because they give good training and really care about their employees success.

Cons

Short holds on some properties make it difficult to stay in one place.

Advice to Management

Just keep it up - you care and it shows!

6. "If you are the "favorite" you are golden!"

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at Madrona Ridge Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good salary and benefit package. The summit in march is good. I can't find anything else good to say. If you can become a favorite to your regional manager or the compliance department you will do well with this company.

Cons

No support from upper management or compliance....unless you were on their "favorite" list. Otherwise good luck getting your stuff done because they won't do their part.

Advice to Management

Be consistent. Do what you say you're going to do. And stop playing favorites.

7. "Good Company, Standard Wages"

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Madrona Ridge Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a great company, and the corporate office is very involved in the property management so you get a lot of valuable feedback. They show appreciation and have lots of company events throughout the year, with lots of growth and networking opportunities.

Cons

You don't get the benefits of recognition and corporate feedback or opportunities nearly as much if you don't work (or aren't willing to relocate) near the corporate office in Seattle. Also the salaries are lower than most property management companies of similar size in the area.

Advice to Management

Try to give a bit more feedback to the employees further from the hub rather than just talking to their property managers, and have promotions, new hiring, salary negotiation, etc. Go through HR more.

8. "Great Place To Start"

I worked at Madrona Ridge Residential full-time

Pros

Good opportunity to start property management career, fair wages

Cons

under staffed offices and constant selling/dissolving of contracts leaves onsite employees with out jobs with less than a month notice

9. "Great TEAM!"

Pros

The company has great staff, they are so willing to help.

Cons

non at all great experience.

10. "Leasing Consultant"

Pros

I have the best property manager in the world

Cons

Unfortunately there was not room for me to grow within the company in the states i desired