Cover image for Magellan Health
Logo

Part of Centene
Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Magellan Health Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated May 4, 2021

Healthcare

6h

a

Medical Records

I will be taking over a new team in our call center department at my job this upcoming week. I've been with the company a few years now and something I've noticed is NO ONE uses cameras but I've seen tons of people recommend it for teams. I am thinking of making it a requirement for my new team. I was thinking of starting off with once a week and moving into every other day so that it's not too much change at once. It will only be required for meetings. What does everyone think? Do you do this?

4 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefits and I appreciated my directors support even though he was in another city.(in 89 reviews)
  • "People are very friendly and flexible work from home option.The company has a lot of growth potential and management cares about their employees.(in 83 reviews)
  • "The pay was good and schedule(in 66 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with and decent benefits.(in 53 reviews)
  • "work life balance is good(in 35 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Magellan Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

You could get lost in the shuffle

Apr 29, 2021 - Manager IT in Maryland Heights, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Travel opportunities, training opportunities, market level salary, lots of cool co-workers

Cons

Constant upper management shift, it is directionless sometimes

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

It could be better

May 4, 2021 - Billing Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Insurance Remote work Benefits Paid Time Off Personal time

Cons

Poor management Favoritism Poor communication Lack of accountability from upper management No real structure in certain department Compensation for work Retaliation for reporting upper management Policy is not always followed by upper management

3. Join the Magellan Health team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Contractor

unnecessary upper management and cultural changes with no overall growth

Mar 10, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, work life balance, PTO

Cons

upper management change, no transparency

5. 3.0
    Current Employee

Must be adaptable

Oct 24, 2020 - Care Manager in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and opportunity for growth Work from home.

Cons

Terrible benefits High turnover Not enough staff to keep up with workload Upper management has little knowledge of day to day operations

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awful management

Dec 29, 2020 - Financial Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free basic healthcare. Decent compensation

Cons

The upper management is awful. Extremely micromanagement

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Job can best be described as “meh”

Aug 5, 2020 - Family Counselor/Therapist in Wilmington, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom to make own hours and schedule, as long as it’s 40 hours a week No micromanagement Don’t take work home with you No clinical notes Minimal documentation

Cons

Poor benefits Upper management doesn’t take staff feedback seriously about problems within the job PTO policy is laughable Employees are just numbers

Recruitment Marketing Director

Thank you for the review of Magellan Health.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Struggling to keep talent

Nov 8, 2017 - IT Professional
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great PTO package, opportunities to work remotely

Cons

Disorganized upper management, disorganized approach to innovation, poor transparency

17 people found this review helpful

Vice President, Digital/Social Media & Employer Brand

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are sorry to hear about your issue with IT current/past management. We know our employees are our most valued asset and strive to cultivate a culture of inclusivity, collaboration, and curiosity. We will make sure you are heard.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

If you have another job opportunity, go with that opportunity

Jan 30, 2019 - Clinician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent healthcare benefits and benefits in general

Cons

-The poor leadership and the perpetuation of poor leadership by upper management for years. -Perpetually understaffed in all departments. -Ineffective Human Resources Department. The HR Department does not respond to employee questions or concerns with applicable information. You cannot talk to anyone in HR and must electronically correspond with people who provide non-answers or do not respond at all. -Full-time means significantly more than 40 hours a week is required while the company preaches the balance of work and life. -Poorly organized and executed projects and initiatives -Company culture of blame -High turnover rate of productive employees -Employees are continually over-burdened by their workload -Poor training at the onset of employment and almost none afterwards -No this company does not seek to better healthcare and well-being; they lose money and accounts and try to make up for the lost revenue by tightening utilization.

14 people found this review helpful

Vice President, Digital/Social Media & Employer Brand

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review. I'll share your feedback internally.

10. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Data Management Specialist II/ Network Operations Specialist II - MCC

Jan 5, 2016 - Data Management Specialist II/Network Operations Specialist II - MCC in Maryland Heights, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's income. I've never had any issues with my paycheck. It is always on time, and the amount is always correct. It is very easy to review your payslips, benefits and accrued or used time off. They have concierge services every week (car wash, tailoring and massages). There is a cafeteria. Not all managers are micromanagers. Managers have the freedom to run their departments the way they see fit. If you get a decent person, you can have flexibility to manage your personal life and still be able to work here (I'm thinking of people with children or other responsibilities, or general emergencies).

Cons

What doesn't suck about this place? See above. This place breeds micromanagers. HR does not come to the rescue of employees who are being harassed by upper management. The work is very specific, but the directions/instructions are not always provided before hand. Most times, we find out something was wrong when we do it incorrectly and get dinged for it by our Audit Team. The systems are archaic (still DOS based). You cannot even run a report to see the work you did all day (and instead have to settle for checking as you go, or waiting to hear what the Audit Team may have caught).

11 people found this review helpful
  11. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

An Entry Level, Stepping Stone Job

Jun 12, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Flexible Work Schedule *Excellent Vacation Allowance *Casual Summers *Casual Dress the rest of the year with a pass *On-site, full service café *On-site gym *Work From Home for most positions

Cons

*Minimal Training for most positions *Poor communication between upper management and their staff *Lack of office moral & professionalism *Limited opportunity for promotion; lots of lateral moving around *Expensive Insurance plans *No employee appreciation program

Viewing 1 - 10 of 40 Reviews