Magna Chartered Surveyors Reviews

Updated Nov 15, 2016

2.8
Magna Chartered Surveyors Director Simon Large (no image)
Simon Large
  1. "Stepping stone"

I have been working at Magna Chartered Surveyors full-time

Pros

its a great stepping stone for my career

Cons

More of a management position/was looking for something more design related

Magna Chartered Surveyors2016-10-20
  2. "HR Assistant"

I have been working at Magna Chartered Surveyors

Pros

Good company. Opportunity for growth and education advancement.

Cons

Typicall manufacturing environment. Can be stressful and fast paced, relatively good overall.

Magna Chartered Surveyors2016-09-07

"oh my."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spring Hill, TN

I have been working at Magna Chartered Surveyors full-time for less than a year

Pros

I believe Magna as a whole is a good company, I think it may just be certain plants that need some changes.

Cons

Very unorganized and chaotic, always feel like you are spinning your wheels and getting no where. vacation is accrued monthly, The more you do, the more they expect. no teamwork, no training, you are just thrown into the job and expected to do it. they claim to have open door policy but it seems like anything you have to say falls on deaf ears. Expected to work LONG hours. No balance between work and play.

Magna Chartered Surveyors2016-06-30
  4. "current employee"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Magna Chartered Surveyors full-time for less than a year

Pros

Magna is a very big and strong company, and has lots of opportunities. The company is growing very fast with new divisions. Can learn a lot through working.

Cons

Lack of communications between departments and between division. Also has a lot of challenges in working, communications and management for employee.

Magna Chartered Surveyors2016-03-30
  5. "Material Handler"

I have been working at Magna Chartered Surveyors

Pros

Great coworkers to work with

Cons

Not enough jobs to stay busy

Magna Chartered Surveyors2016-01-28
  6. "Foam"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shepherdsville, KY

I have been working at Magna Chartered Surveyors full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay and great benefits. It's pretty easy to move up there depending on which department you get hired in.

Cons

Sometimes not guaranteed the full time 40 hours per week. You go in the same time everyday and leave when job is done. Sometimes only bringing home 30 hours.

Magna Chartered Surveyors2015-09-25
  7. "Die setter"

Die Setter in Iowa City, IA

I worked at Magna Chartered Surveyors

Pros

Pay, benefits, vacation, co-workers are always done to earth and easy to get along with

Cons

Politics, more money more money more money, upper management not always easy to talk to or open to suggestions

Magna Chartered Surveyors2015-08-26
  8. "It's not for everyone"

1.0

I worked at Magna Chartered Surveyors

Pros

Good Benefits, Decent Pay, Union Representation, Clean working conditions, Employee input is welcomed. Overall this is a job for someone looking for reliable, physical work.

Cons

Nearly all of the jobs offered at Magna are highly repetitive. The toll these jobs can take on you is two-fold: Mental & Physical. Mentally, after spending hours upon hours of doing the same thing over again, the work becomes 100% thoughtless. At this point you either talk to your coworkers (who you may or may not want to talk to, esp. after hearing EVERYTHING they have to say) or you quietly perform your task (as management would prefer). The only thing I can compare to being on the line, isolated and alone with your thoughts for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week is what it must be like to be put into solitary confinement and there have been studies showing that this kind of isolation is may be the worst form of human torture. Secondly, the physical toll this work takes on you is insidious, painful and lasting. I call it Death from a million cuts. All I can say is that ANYTHING you do thousands of times over everyday will take its toll over time. I only worked on the line for 5 years and after a couple of surgeries, still have limited mobility and pain in my hands as well as joint pain in my knees, ankles and wrists.

Magna Chartered Surveyors2015-09-10
  9. "Manufacturing Technician"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holly, MI

I worked at Magna Chartered Surveyors full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits. Good profit sharing

Cons

Magna as a corporation is a great company but some division don't follow the same ideals as corporate

Magna Chartered Surveyors2015-07-10
  10. "Eagle Bend MFG"

Maintenance Supervisor in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Magna Chartered Surveyors for more than a year

Pros

Training, employee advocacy, growth potential

Cons

Hours, machine down time, performance evaluations

Magna Chartered Surveyors2015-06-18