Magna Chartered Surveyors Reviews | Glassdoor

Simon Large

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Stepping stone"

I have been working at Magna Chartered Surveyors full-time

Pros

its a great stepping stone for my career

Cons

More of a management position/was looking for something more design related

Advice to Management

Create a better atmosphere for change

2. "HR Assistant"

Pros

Good company. Opportunity for growth and education advancement.

Cons

Typicall manufacturing environment. Can be stressful and fast paced, relatively good overall.

"oh my."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spring Hill, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spring Hill, TN

I have been working at Magna Chartered Surveyors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I believe Magna as a whole is a good company, I think it may just be certain plants that need some changes.

Cons

Very unorganized and chaotic, always feel like you are spinning your wheels and getting no where. vacation is accrued monthly, The more you do, the more they expect. no teamwork, no training, you are just thrown into the job and expected to do it. they claim to have open door policy but it seems like anything you have to say falls on deaf ears. Expected to work LONG hours. No balance between work and play.

Advice to Management

Hire more people, so that good people do not get burned out!

4. "current employee"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Magna Chartered Surveyors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Magna is a very big and strong company, and has lots of opportunities. The company is growing very fast with new divisions. Can learn a lot through working.

Cons

Lack of communications between departments and between division. Also has a lot of challenges in working, communications and management for employee.

Advice to Management

More communications between departments and between divisions. Improvement of workplace policy for departments. Proper considerations for duties of the position.

5. "Material Handler"

Pros

Great coworkers to work with

Cons

Not enough jobs to stay busy

6. "Foam"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shepherdsville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shepherdsville, KY

I have been working at Magna Chartered Surveyors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay and great benefits. It's pretty easy to move up there depending on which department you get hired in.

Cons

Sometimes not guaranteed the full time 40 hours per week. You go in the same time everyday and leave when job is done. Sometimes only bringing home 30 hours.

Advice to Management

Give us more hours and you will have a lot of happy employees. It's the word around the foam department right now

7. "Die setter"

Former Employee - Die Setter in Iowa City, IA
    Former Employee - Die Setter in Iowa City, IA

Pros

Pay, benefits, vacation, co-workers are always done to earth and easy to get along with

Cons

Politics, more money more money more money, upper management not always easy to talk to or open to suggestions

8. "It's not for everyone"

Pros

Good Benefits, Decent Pay, Union Representation, Clean working conditions, Employee input is welcomed. Overall this is a job for someone looking for reliable, physical work.

Cons

Nearly all of the jobs offered at Magna are highly repetitive. The toll these jobs can take on you is two-fold: Mental & Physical. Mentally, after spending hours upon hours of doing the same thing over again, the work becomes 100% thoughtless. At this point you either talk to your coworkers (who you may or may not want to talk to, esp. after hearing EVERYTHING they have to say) or you quietly perform your task (as management would prefer). The only thing I can compare to being on the line, isolated and alone with your thoughts for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week is what it must be like to be put into solitary confinement and there have been studies showing that this kind of isolation is may be the worst form of human torture. Secondly, the physical toll this work takes on you is insidious, painful and lasting. I call it Death from a million cuts. All I can say is that ANYTHING you do thousands of times over everyday will take its toll over time. I only worked on the line for 5 years and after a couple of surgeries, still have limited mobility and pain in my hands as well as joint pain in my knees, ankles and wrists.

Advice to Management

While the pay and benefits add up to more or less a living wage, I believe prospective employees should be forewarned about the physical and mental toll that repetitious work can take on a person. Also, once an employee is hired, he or she should have better access to preventative care and information regarding where to get care for the injuries they will inevitably incur.

9. "Manufacturing Technician"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holly, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holly, MI

I worked at Magna Chartered Surveyors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits. Good profit sharing

Cons

Magna as a corporation is a great company but some division don't follow the same ideals as corporate

10. "Eagle Bend MFG"

Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Magna Chartered Surveyors (More than a year)

Pros

Training, employee advocacy, growth potential

Cons

Hours, machine down time, performance evaluations