Magnolia Science Academy Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 21, 2018

4.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Magnolia Science Academy Bell: A family of educators who inspire each other and our students"

Current Employee - Teacher in Bell, CA
    Current Employee - Teacher in Bell, CA

I have been working at Magnolia Science Academy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I started working here when we opened the school in 2010 and have grown as an educator as we have developed our school community. When I speak to teachers from other schools, many of them do not feel supported by administrators or colleagues and do not like coming to work. Our administration team trusts their teachers, responds to feedback and supports innovation and professionalism. The staff is very supportive professionally and personally and our students respond to our strong culture. Not only are we making a difference for our students and community, but we are doing it with a smile on our faces.

Cons

The central office sometimes doesn't have their act together which is currently putting our charter in danger despite our excellent academics and school culture. We work long hours. They could pay us more.

Advice to Management

At the school level, keep doing what you do. At the central office level, hire better accountants and get it together. Many great teachers love working here but have to seriously consider going elsewhere for more money and shorter hours. Create more leadership positions that are seriously meaningful but don't require leaving the classroom.

2. "Top-down management"

Former Employee - Teacher in Carson, CA
    Former Employee - Teacher in Carson, CA

I worked at Magnolia Science Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most fellow teachers were caring and dedicated.

Cons

Admin. gave lots of extra duty/busy work/meetings for the sake of meetings.

Advice to Management

Give teachers more autonomy and less after-school busy work.