Maid Brigade Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Bart Puett

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

Great Management! Great environment! Plenty of hours available

Cons

No health insurance, or benefits. That is really the only con for this company.
    They are great to work for.

2. "Worst Company Ever"

Former Employee - Team Member in Broken Arrow, OK
    Former Employee - Team Member in Broken Arrow, OK

I worked at Maid Brigade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Literally nothing is positive about this job

Cons

Pay, rude unprofessional coworkers and management, cleaning up crap off the backs of people's toilets for next to no pay, rude customers that talk to you like you are trash, horrible hours

Advice to Management

Bump the pay! Those ladies work their butts off and deserve that extra 2-4% that the other companies pay. Crack down on unprofessional comments made by your girls and DONT MAKE THEM YOURSELVES.

3. "Very unprofessional"

Former Employee - Maid in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Maid in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Maid Brigade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There aren't any good reason why u should work here its not a good place to work.

Cons

They are not professional at all...management is horrible the owner is clueless about everything thats going on at her business..

Advice to Management

Management need to be more aware of what is going on at maid brigade....Jacksonville, fl

"Worst Experience EVER!!!"

Former Employee - Maid in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Maid in Marietta, GA

Pros

There are no pro's.... Only pro is the owner- He's a PROfessional disrespectful POS! This is referencing the Sandy Plains location in Marietta, GA.

Cons

Everything! The girls gossip worse than Middle School girls, the owner has no respect or compassion what so ever for certain employees- others he treats like royalty, they dont give a damn about doing a quality job- they just get whatever they can done to make it appear they've made an appearance, then onto the next, they dont care if youre having an allergic reaction to latex gloves... they're not coming outa pocket to order a non-latex alternative.... and they'll continue to keep you in bathrooms for a week strait- with no gloves and your fingertips cracked & so sore you can hardly touch anything, they provide you with scrub brushes/ grout brushes with only 1/3 to 1/2 the bristles & expect you to perform a professional cleaning with supplies that even Cinderella couldn't accomplish anything with, they are rude & assigned me to work 5 saturdays in a row over me missing 2 days in a row due to my 4 yr old having a fever & not being permitted to be in school- I even had a note from his Pediatrician. I quit cause the owner yelled at me that my quality was great, my scores were the highest of all employees the 3 months i was employed there, but nobody wanted to work with me because i was slow... & i wasnt an asset to the company... I was the problem. I walked out & ended that problem for them all. so my last check that should have included $140 for Saturday ALONE- plus 4 full weekdays was only for $234... why? because even though i CLEARLY recall entering into employment with them with them able to terminate me at anytime, just as i could myself terminate my employment anytime... the owner CLAIMS that if you dont provide 2 weeks notice- youre paid minimum wage for the remaining unpaid hours youre owed for! This specific franchise is a hell hole............. DONT DO IT!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Evaluate the way your franchise owners treat their employees because its a reflection of Maid Brigade as a whole.... and this guys giving yall an AWFUL name!!!!!!

5. "Maid Brigade South East Houston"

Current Employee - Supervisor/Maid in South Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor/Maid in South Houston, TX

I have been working at Maid Brigade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The owners Jack and Janet Calkins are so nice and they try to make everything fair. They go out of their way to make us happy. Anytime we have a problem they try to resolve it. Everyone there is great to work with. Everyone truley likes each other. I love working here. The pay is way better then working retail.

Cons

No medical benefits or 401k. Also you have to work every other Saturday. It is only a half day (2-4 hours) but I would rather not work Saturdays.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice to give, they do a great job at managing us girls.

"Maid Brigade of NW Houston"

Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

My favorite part about the Maid Brigade culture is that it values its employees and their contributions. While each location many vary on many fronts because they are individually owned the brand Maid Brigade itself takes great pride in caring for the health, safety and happiness of both their clients and their employees. They are green seal certified not only for the health of the clients but also the employees who aren't being asked to use toxic carcinogens when they work. I also know at our particular location and many others we contribute a great deal to our community by partnering with Cleaning for a Reason to provide free cleanings to women undergoing cancer treatment, Habitat for Humanity to provide free move in cleanings on finished homes and Operation Finally Home to provide free cleanings to wounded warriors and their families. There is a great sense of pride in caring for people when they need it and it is displayed by all the staff. Weekly pay is great. Management that works with you when you need time off. A week paid vacation after you have been here a year. Company cars so you don't have to put all the wear and tear on your own vehicle. Breakfast provided at fun weekly meetings.

Cons

No health insurance or 401K offered to employees at this time.

Advice to Management

Find out whats important to your staff and try to do some community things around that in addition to what is already being done.

"Field Manager"

Former Employee - Field Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Field Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Maid Brigade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learned how to clean in the most fast efficient way.
    Flexible with unexpected days needed off. (Not Understanding)

Cons

Maid Brigade of Houston: No benefits and no raises. Company does not have direct deposit available. Worked in the office with the owners who are very passive aggressive. Customer service staff is very disrespectful about clients personal lives. They gossip and argue amongst each other over who has the worst client. At times there is a lot of physical work with little pay.

"NW Houston location is a family owned and operated business that treats all employees like family."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Maid Brigade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees are treated with respect. The company likes to do things to show appreciate like order pizza if we get good quality scores, buy breakfast for everyone at every Friday meeting, celebrate birthdays and anniversaries.

Cons

Its hard to get time off. No medical, dental, vision benefits make it difficult for staff who have families. Sick time would be nice.

Advice to Management

Hire more people to accommodate time off requests.

"Maid/Cleaner"

Former Employee - Cleaner in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Cleaner in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Maid Brigade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no good reasons to work here

Cons

All of the employees are complete trash. No one will respect you. Especially at the St.Paul location. STAY AWAY. The two field supervisors, Nelly and Sue are incompetent low-lifes who will talk to you like you're five years old when criticizing cleaning is the only career they can hold. They will make your job hard just because they're bored and it's the only entertainment they can afford. Only good thing about the place is Brenda.

Advice to Management

I think management should pay attention to the field supervisors behavior and how they treat co-workers.

"Its a JOB, i need money so i don't have a choice right now."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The people i have met, i have learned alot. It's a paycheck. I love meeting new people. It's a job.

Cons

No equality,no fairness, you get penalized if you call off before 6 months of employment. Driving isn't shared.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees the same! If your sick and can't work,they don't care,they penalize you. Not fair!