Main Event Bartender Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2019

3.2
Main Event CEO Chris Morris
Chris Morris
  1. "High volume, highly stressful, good tips"

Former Employee - Bartender in Avondale, AZ

I worked at Main Event full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management was the best I've worked with in the industry. Strong focus on professionalism and keeping the center clean. Generous employee discount.

Cons

Bartenders don't get tipped out and the service well is VERY busy. Uniforms are ugly and dated. Late nights and long shifts. There were numerous times HR messed up on service charges so had to jump through hoops to get paid correctly. Food is mediocre but I heard that there will be a new menu soon. No happy hour. Company is all about taking care of families but they don't care about their employees family life; no... one should have to work on Christmas!

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people for the service department that have zero experience.

Main Event2017-04-14

"Horrible Management"

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Plano, TX

I worked at Main Event full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fkexible hours is the only Pro

Cons

Management disorganized, under staffed, pay is horrible

Advice to Management

Keep the good employees fire the rest and start fresh, train all employees from the start the correct way and not by a lazy coworker.

Main Event2016-07-30
  3. "Not Bad, Not Great"

Current Employee - Server/Bartender

I have been working at Main Event part-time for more than a year

Pros

The staff is mostly great. You're very likely to make new friends. The people who work there have a good amount of experience for a younger crew.

Cons

Management on all levels cares very little about personal schedules. Your un/available will be given next to no consideration. You have to threaten to leave if you want your schedule to be somewhat stable.

Advice to Management

Consider allowing facial hair for the males in order to attract more people to apply. The schedule is always too tight and allows for almost no flexibility.

Main Event2016-05-18
  4. "It was fine"

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Main Event full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked with some cool people and met some interesting guests. This was one of my first jobs and it taught me a lot about customer service.

Cons

I had to clean up a lot of body fluids and then go back on the floor and serve guests. Occasionally there were people who tipped well but the majority did not, to make things worse the bartenders were "sharks" and stole the best tables from servers.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the way your staff interacts. Avoid blatant displays of favoritism. Enable your servers, they need to make money!

Main Event2015-07-09

"Ok for now!"

Former Employee - Bartender

I worked at Main Event full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great fun family environment we exceed the guest expectations as long as we are set up for our shifts and ready to go!!! We escort bowl guests to their lanes! Play games with the guests! Valet guests to the pool tables! Suggest food and beverage items! If a problem arrises, we own the guest til it's solved!!!! We are supposed to work as a team!!!!

Cons

Wish all bar employees would treat guest as if they important!!! Exceed guest expectations!! Not being on their cell phone with their backs to guests it going on smoke breaks when it's a non smoking facility!!!

Advice to Management

Check on your employees!!! Don't play favoritism!!! They leave their shift without setting the next shift up!!! And you don't hold them responsible!!! We get tired of it!!!

Main Event2015-03-28
  6. "Long bumpy ride!"

Current Employee - Bartender in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Main Event full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great job! If you in college, they work really well with your schedule and after 6 months the will help with college tuition.

Cons

Inconsistant managing style, which makes for unhappy employees

Main Event2012-10-12
  7. "Not too bad, not too great."

Former Employee - Bartender in Dallas, TX

I worked at Main Event full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly coworkers Bad Music Free video games Free pool

Cons

Bad Managers Pricy Drinks Long Hours Bad laser tag

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more and charge less for your drinks. Both will win you more money in the end.

Main Event2012-06-13
  8. "Tedious"

Bartender in Stillwater, OK

I worked at Main Event

Pros

Receive better hourly pay than similar positions, with provided uniforms. Typically flexible about asking for time off, and you also get discounted bowling/games.

Cons

Expect to be left alone for most of your shift, and for your area to be understaffed at peak hours. As long as you can handle a large group of people, all being angry at the lack of service and overpriced drinks, you'll be fine.

Advice to Management

When your cheapest cocktail is $5+ and you're only using one jigger of liquor, don't expect to make money off your drinks.

Main Event2012-03-19