Main Event Bowl Attendant Reviews | Glassdoor

Chris Morris
  1. "Easy"

Current Employee - Bowling Attendant

I have been working at Main Event part-time

Pros

Main Event is very fun and easy

Cons

The drive is a little far.

Main Event2019-08-27
  2. "OK Place to work"

Former Employee - Bowl Attendant

I worked at Main Event part-time

Pros

Lots of hours given. If you need hours they'll give them to you

Cons

Management talks to you any kind of way, 10-12 hour shifts, brakes are rare

Main Event2019-10-04
  3. "The people are great the job not so much"

Current Employee - Bowl Attendant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Main Event part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

friendly environment, fast-paced some opportunities for growth

Cons

poor management team and poor pay for the amount of workload

Advice to Management

STOP PICKING FAVORITES, TREAT EVERYONE EQUALLY

Main Event2019-04-02
  4. "Bowl Attendant"

Current Employee - Bowl Attendant in Suwanee, GA

I have been working at Main Event part-time for less than a year

Pros

There are many pros to being employed at Main Event its a great work environment and a great environment for guest. The people i work with are great to be around there's never a dull moment.

Cons

I honestly don't know any the environments great and the people there are great too.

Advice to Management

The management is great witch i love a lot it makes things run smoothly.

Main Event2018-03-04

March 5, 2018Social Media Marketing

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are glad you are having a great time here. Our desire for all team members is to have authentic fun, to take their jobs and run it like they own it, demonstrate positive work values, embrace team work, while providing exceptional Guest experiences. It is what makes our culture so great. It sounds like you are experiencing all of these wonderful values.

5. "no idea what this means"

Current Employee - Bowl Attendant in Plano, TX

I have been working at Main Event full-time for more than a year

Pros

Honestly not that many. Good benefits, 50% off, PTO, referral $$ but overall bad management and work environment

Cons

Unprofessional management and co workers. Managers treat employees as expendable and worthless. Bad crowd and late hours

Advice to Management

Give a damn about your staff and treat them like they matter. Recognize staff that work and get rid of staff that pull everyone else down

Main Event2017-09-28

October 31, 2017Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for writing your review. We're disappointed to hear your experience with some of your managers and co-workers. We hope that you share this with the Field HR Manager who can assess and investigate any unprofessional behavior.

6. "Fun fun fun"

Current Employee - Bowl Attendant in Suwanee, GA

I have been working at Main Event full-time for more than a year

Pros

you get the job you work for. so if you put in a lot of time and effort you get rewarded. people complain they are not getting raises and promotions but thats because they are lazy and dont deserve them. i put the hours and effort in the job and in three months i went from the lowest employee in one department to the highest trainer in three. the managers treat you like family and constantly employ you to be better.

Cons

can be a bit stressful on the weekend with how busy it is. on the weekend a lot of high schoolers work and they can be lazy and have a huge attitude.

Advice to Management

work on communication. there are times when you are told one thing from one manager and a complete different thing from another manager.

Main Event2017-08-28

August 30, 2017Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review! We couldn't agree more, we do pride ourselves on recognizing and rewarding our team members who go above and beyond! Thank you so much for everything that you do!!

7. "Main Event"

Former Employee - Bowl Attendant in Plano, TX

I worked at Main Event part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun coworkers and was overall a fun place to work at for my first job

Cons

Not paid enough for what you do

Advice to Management

respect coworkers

Main Event2014-11-03

"Life at Main Event"

Current Employee - Bowl Attendant

I have been working at Main Event full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you want to work your way up in the company, there is much encouragement to do so. You can start at any position, come in with a good attitude, help train at new centers opening across the country (the company spread outside of Texas just last year, and is planning to grow many, many new centers over the next five years), become a floor supervisor, and eventually a manager. If you want it, you can make it. ... There are bi-annual reviews, yearly raise opportunities, employee parties and a "MyRewards" program that give you the opportunity to earn prizes and gift cards for doing a good job. Depending on the section of the building you work in (Games, Bowl, Cafe, etc.), the work can become monotonous, but your coworkers will be the reason you enjoy the job. For the most part, they tend to hire happy, well-balanced people that enjoy helping others have a good time, and they can become true, outside-of-work friends in the long run. The pay could be better, but it's competitive with other entry-level service-industry jobs (some departments more than others). It's also neigh-impossible to get fired, unless you put absolutely zero effort into it. And perhaps its cheesy, since people go to Main Event to have a good time (especially when family is visiting from out of town), having folks come up to you personally and say that they enjoyed their time and will be returning, or seeing those regulars come in week after week and recognize you for the good job you do, is just an all-around great feeling.

Cons

It comes with all the cons of the service industry--the work can be tedious and boring, the guests can be belligerent, it's either breakneck or incredibly slow, and sometimes the different departments don't see eye to eye. Multiple managers means multiple ways of doing tasks, and you have to keep tabs on which managers are working so that you know what things to prioritize. There is a HUGE focus on teamwork, and... having even one coworker call in sick, not do their job or come with a poor attitude can create problems for MULTIPLE departments. Sometimes, the managers are quick to recognize faults and slow to recognize good deeds. And many, many times there is a lack of consistent accountability--one day, everyone can show up 10-15 minutes late and nothing is said, and the next one person can show up five minutes late and be written up. The job may not be fulfilling in the long run if you have no plans to move up.

Advice to Management

Please standardize your requirements for the staff amongst yourselves. Having consistent feedback on both what we're doing right and wrong, as well as keeping everyone accountable to the same requirements, would go a long way in making sure people knew what must be done in order to succeed.

Main Event2014-07-02