Main Event Entertainment Games Attendant Reviews | Glassdoor

Main Event Entertainment CEO Charlie Keegan
Charlie Keegan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Late nights and some long hours and stressful customers (in 20 reviews)

• There will be late nights and long shifts (in 13 reviews)

1. "Game Attendant"

Current Employee - Games Attendant
    Current Employee - Games Attendant

I have been working at Main Event Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work with good coworkers. Great hours.

Cons

Not many cons for working at Main Event

2. "Workers over Work"

Former Employee - Games Attendant in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Games Attendant in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Main Event Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The surroundings are enjoyable with the constant music and games. Also the job itself is fun and even better if you get along with workers

Cons

Cramped environment causes a lot of stress for workers and guest especially. There are little to no benefits, while as a worker; you will find a lot of guest blame you for the prices(that's how it is for a lot of party places.)

Advice to Management

Get input from your workers. It comes a long way when they work the service side of the company. Trust me, they know what the guest want when they are advised by the guest themselves all the time.

Jul 7, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are disappointed to hear you are no longer with us. We are always looking for innovative ways to improve both guest and employee experience, we welcome and encourage... More

3. "Decent place to work"

Current Employee - Game Attendant in Webster, TX
    Current Employee - Game Attendant in Webster, TX

I have been working at Main Event Entertainment part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Solid discount, free MVP cards (only during non-peak hours usually), free drinks, fun environment

Cons

Inconsistencies with management, closing shifts will be guaranteed to stay later until their department is clear to leave (sometimes even 2 hours after), lack of organization, lack of recognition in most cases (though my center has improved upon this but I know this is a flaw at most)

Advice to Management

Make sure your employees know you care. Even just giving them advice on how to improve themselves and telling them what they're doing good with is better than only telling them they've done something bad. Most people that come in are still kids in a way and it's hard to see, but they do need some guidance on occasion. Give them a reason to not think that the workplace is as bad as they think it is.

Mar 21, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback, it is extremely insightful and we appreciate it. We are glad to hear that your location is taking steps to make improvement on recognition! We look forward to the... More

"Worst place"

Former Employee - Games Attendant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Games Attendant in Austin, TX

I worked at Main Event Entertainment part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discount was okay, but not great

Cons

Everything else pretty much sucked

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites and listen to your employees

"unfair and judgmental"

I worked at Main Event Entertainment part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the environment is well put together. most of the employee's are able to help. the area is always clean and well put together and the food is amazing!!

Cons

customers can be rude, as well as the managers. many of the managers have favoritism or they pick the customers even when they know for sure the employee is right. some of the equipment is not in place correctly as I got hurt on the job because of a wobbly table in which the managers did nothing about except give me some ice.

Advice to Management

i think you guys need to be more FAIR with your decisions. specifically the ones you make about your employee. we are all human and make mistakes. I think some are and were treated unfairly. you don't look at the pros of employee's you look at the cons and therefore you lose good customers and or employee's in the process. I recommend watching more carefully how you go about things

6. "Hurts to be good"

Current Employee - Games & Bowl Attendant in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Games & Bowl Attendant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Main Event Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros:

Flexible schedule

great hours (~30 even off-season) if you have open availability

Lots of benefits and discounts

Friendly management and co-workers

Cons

Cons:

A personal con I received was I was told I couldn't cross-train to apply for NCO trainer and move up because they needed me too much in the two departments I was in. (You need to be cross-trained in 3 departments to apply for NCO trainer.)

Also constantly understaffed, heavily overworked during busy season (such as they will schedule a double, 9a.m.-5p.m. and 6p.m.-2a.m. and have you open at 9a.m. the next day again)

We as a company constantly stop promotions and deals early despite what we advertise, such as ending our $5 promotion early and only giving it to people who specifically ask for it.

Low pay

Advice to Management

Give your employees an opportunity to move up! It'll give them more drive to do better work if they know they have a future with this company. When you're promoted to employee trainer they introduce you to the opportunity to apply for NCO trainer, but unless you have strong connections, it rarely happens.

Mar 21, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback and use feedback like this to communicate to the Managers what we're hearing. We pride ourselves on cross training and internal promotion and... More

7. "Games Attendant"

Current Employee - Games Attendant in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Games Attendant in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Main Event Entertainment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Scheduling is very flexible and you can pick up extra shifts that other employees drop which is helpful when you need extra hours.

Cons

The pay for working as a games attendant isn't much, you're on your feet all day walking around to inspect and make sure all games are working right.

Nov 30, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate everything you do as a Games Attendant to ensure that our guests are able to enjoy their time in our centers. Without your attention to detail we wouldn't be... More

8. "Awesome Job"

Current Employee - Game Attendant in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Game Attendant in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Main Event Entertainment part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

So many benefits from working here. Plus a ton of opportunities to travel and move forward with the company

Cons

Long hours. Mainly working on weekends. Work most major holidays

9. "Main event employee"

I worked at Main Event Entertainment part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Staff, people I worked with were cool

Cons

No break schedule, long hours, hurt feet

Advice to Management

regulate break schedules

10. "Too much work for little pay"

Former Employee - Party Host and Games Attendant in Johns Creek, GA
    Former Employee - Party Host and Games Attendant in Johns Creek, GA

I worked at Main Event Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

half off employee discount, upbeat environment, good benefits for full time staff, helps you expand your customer service skill set

Cons

managers don't work with your schedule, if you cannot come in they do not care you have to find someone to cover your shift or you have to come in, when your scheduled to get off you don't leave to maybe 2,3,4 hours later. Rude staff, many of the workers are incompetent and we're not properly trained.

Advice to Management

train employees better