Main Event Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor

Main Event Entertainment CEO Charlie Keegan
Charlie Keegan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • As a manager long hours but they are worth it (in 22 reviews)

• Late nights and some long hours and stressful customers (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazingly awesome chaos"

Current Employee - Bartender in Humble, TX
    Current Employee - Bartender in Humble, TX

I have been working at Main Event Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The managers are usually all fantastic I've worked at several different locations from Katy to Humble! The tips behind bar were FANTASTIC and as long as you do your job it's a great place to work!

Cons

It's mostly high school kids that work there so there is a lot of high school drama but if your older you can definitely use that to mentor some of the these young minds!

Advice to Management

I had great management in Humble! Not one bad thing to say about anyone! As for the Katy location after going back most not all but most of the managers became so wrapped up in doing things there way that "team work" was thrown out! Everyone was out for themselves and that's not a good environment to work in!

Main Event Entertainment Response

Oct 31, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you so much for your review! That's interesting about some of the managers 'doing' things when so often you hear about managers not doing anything! Thank you for your thoughts!

2. "Fun job for a teenager"

Former Employee - Server in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Frisco, TX

I worked at Main Event Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment free food half price bowling and games!

Cons

Sometimes stressful, pay and benefits

Main Event Entertainment Response

Dec 27, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for writing your review! We are happy that you found this a fun place to work!

3. "Fun!"

I worked at Main Event Entertainment full-time

Pros

Great managers, team effort with all employees,
    Very fun environment, great first job for young teen!

Cons

Hours can get long on the weekends (close at 2am Friday, Saturday, and mondays)
    Even If you aren’t scheduled managers can change your schedule at anytime and you have to come in.
    Bowl desk employees are responsible for cleaning and restocking nasty restrooms, constant restroom checks
    Bowl desk employees are responsible for picking up trash in the parking lot for early morning shifts.

4. "Server"

Former Employee - Server in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Server in Memphis, TN

I worked at Main Event Entertainment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Helpful and flexible managers
    -coworkers with few exceptions were fantastic
    -got the opportunity to work behind the bar on a handful of occasions. Opportunities exist. Just work hard and be nice.

Cons

-CAN'T ADD GRATUITY TO LARGE PARTIES. Can't tell you how many $150+ tables didn't tip a dime.

-intentionally understaffed relative to other restaurants to cut costs. Most servers also requested this because given the clientele tips weren't the best. You needed large sections to make decent money. But this understaffing can make for stressful nights

-not particularly proud of the food. Nothing shady was going on, but I can barely blame customers for not wanting to tip well after $50+ on games and $20 on very average food with subpar service from understaffing.

Advice to Management

-give servers the option to add 18% gratuity to parties over 6 people or over $100. Please
    -Honestly pay team service more. Same with bartenders. They make the same hourly as servers but spend half their time making drinks for servers' tables, for which they won't receive tips.
    -My advice is change the menu to food made in house. And hire better kitchen staff. Nice guys. Don't know what medium rare is. Constantly messed up orders.
    -Main Event brings a massive amount of their sales to the bottom line. You can institute some changes to bring in more quality employees and quality customers.

5. "Great for a First Job"

Current Employee - Team Service Host in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Team Service Host in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Main Event Entertainment part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with Main Event for the past 5.5 years, and I can say that they are easy to work with in terms of scheduling. If you let them know what days you are available, they will work with you around that, and will try to avoid overworking people.

Cons

They are frequently understaffed. Team Service Hosts, Services, etc. have to shuffle around multiple responsibilities, leaving the primary responsibility, actually taking care of the lanes, underworked.
    Not all employees are motivated, and thus don't properly do their required jobs.

Advice to Management

I would recommend hiring more people. Redundancy is key. It is better to schedule 3 people and let someone go early than it is to only schedule 2 and actually need 3.

6. "Good first job"

Current Employee - Team Member in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Team Member in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Main Event Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Main Event has its ups and downs. For one, you meet so many new people and the work environment can sometimes be GREAT!

Cons

Main Event is not a very professional place. The management allows guest to speak how ever they want to you. If the guest complains to corporate, they are given money to return for a better experience.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage.

7. "Indifferent about management styles"

Current Employee - Server in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Server in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Main Event Entertainment part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

50% off food and games
    Free unlimited arcade game cards when off shift
    Flexible scheduling
    Fun people to work with in general

Cons

There are about 7 different departments and just as many managers to appease

As a server, managers seem to enjoy to make it difficult to leave, by making you do more silverware or other things that they probably didn't make other servers do.

Even if have no tables for a long time, they like to keep you.

Service and party street seem to be the only two departments that doesn't get meals comped.
    All other departments seem to get some for of free food, especially management. Which is crazy, being that servers really don't make much, especially on slow shifts and if it's not a slow shift, they mostly don't get a chance for break.
    They're not salaried nor do they get a chance to sit.

Advice to Management

Try to work on giving everyone the same spiffs, everyone works just as hard the other. Weather it's labor or management, being in the food industry I think we can do better about giving better comps while on shift.

8. "Place is a joke. Literally dealt with it until I found much better."

Current Employee - Line Cook in Avondale, AZ
    Current Employee - Line Cook in Avondale, AZ

I have been working at Main Event Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can be one on one with your manager. Flexibility ( during the slow season).

Cons

Sexual harassment by adult managers on teens, people higher up will lie to keep their jobs and sacrifice the teen workers, forced termination on employees. Pay, depending on your location you could get between $1-5 more or less for the same position. WILL significantly cut your hours Aug-Jan., Blatant racism by managers and employees. Drugs. Drugs. Drugs. In the workplace. Force employees to make up ratings about them to look better. Non professional, expect yelling matches with your "boss" and threats asking do you want to fight instead. Schedules come out on a Tuesday, paid every second Wed.

Advice to Management

Wirk together. Your 30 year olds not 18. These teenage servers don't want you creeps and they can tell when your hitting on them.

9. "Nothin Like It"

Current Employee - Server/Bartender in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Server/Bartender in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Main Event Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The whole group of people we work with is great. the management team is great. I enjoy comin to work everyday. I have worked all over this city and others and have never been a part of a team that cares so much about eachother. Tha managers and GM really look out for us. We had some employees who lost everythin recently and they organized donation bins and some of them even gave money from their own pockets. Truly unheard of in a city like this. Its nice to know sum people still care.

Cons

Communication could be a little better. At times it seems like only some people get all the hours,

Advice to Management

Make everyone follow the same rules.

10. "Party Host"

I worked at Main Event Entertainment part-time

Pros

I love working with kids

Cons

Management was bad at scheduling and not great at handling conflics