Main Event Event Coordinator Reviews | Glassdoor

Main Event CEO Chris Morris
Chris Morris
  1. "Very exciting job"

I have been working at Main Event part-time

Pros

fun job, nice atmosphere, co-workers

Cons

management, not really much room for growth

Main Event2019-04-09
  2. "Event Coordinator"

Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Warrenville, IL

I have been working at Main Event full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunity to grow within the company if you work hard. The people are fun, and make it an enjoyable work place environment.

Cons

The commission is not that great. The sales incentives aren't that impressive either.

Advice to Management

My advice is to roll out better sales incentives for the Event Coordinators instead of making them share their commission. Commission is based off of the hours you work, but someone might not have made any sales during their shift, while another person might have booked tons of events and worked really hard on their shift. Since the commission is split between everyone it's not very fair.

Main Event2018-10-19
  3. "Competitive pay, Operation Managers are understanding"

Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Main Event full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Competitive Pay -My particular position allowed for some decent hours (Worked in the sales office) -Holiday pay (birthday included) but this is only certain hours on certain holidays - July 4th is not considered a holiday -Yearly review in June (if you're on good standings then you might be looking at over a 2.8% raise) - Effective if you were hired before May -Free fountain drinks - 1/2 off everything... including specials, bowling shoes, non packaged items in the cafe at non-peak times - video game play cards (time cards that are not good for points) -Situations addressed were fixed in time, but sometimes took several weeks to be fixed or take effect.

Cons

-Open 365 days a year -Archaic rules (No unnatural hair color, no more than a certain number of piercings on your ear, having large earrings, no visible tattoos) -Growing pains -At first sales manager micro-managed -Party hosts, games attendants, bowl attendants, greeters, are typically high school age - expect some high school drama and random rumors -Unclear as far as career growth goes. If you want to move... up or get a raise you will have to fight for it and work through the managers to get it. - expect it to be a slow process -Little movement for growth at the center itself unless someone quits or gets fired -Sales manager at one point was inattentive to what she was scheduling me and on several occasions posted schedules with less than a week out (she wouldn't post until Monday sometimes and I had no clue if I was coming in on Thursday because weeks were Tuesday to Wed) [this situation was remedied finally after a couple months of this]

Advice to Management

Having unnaturally colored hair will not affects someone's ability to do a job, don't pretend like it will. Main Event is all about fun yet unnaturally colored hair is seen as a bad thing. Large disconnect with the corporate and centers. Things trying to be implemented should be tested first before just being put in place. Recognition is lacking. Employee of the month isn't well monitored and one time because the... managers failed to pick one in a timely manner, 2 were nominated at once for 2 different months.

Main Event2018-03-12

March 13, 2018Social Media Marketing

Thanks for being honest in your review. We take your feedback seriously. We do have dress code and policies outlined per our employee handbook. We do review our policies to ensure we are promoting the best work environment for our employees and guests. If you have additional concerns regarding our policy, we want to discuss your concerns. Please feel free to contact a member of our HR team at (469) 661-2695 to personally talk about anything you feel needs to be addressed. We want to make sure we answer all of your questions. Growth & Development is very important to our culture. We are improving in many areas to ensure that each employee sets attainable career goals. In addition, we know there are very deserving hard working teammates at our centers. We want to make sure recognition is received and consistent. We are actively seeking ways to connect with our team members at our centers. We are here to support you all. We want to make sure you feel the same.

4. "Event Coordinator"

I have been working at Main Event part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly environment, work with fun people

Cons

Sometimes a scandalous place, lots of gossip, general customer service downsides

Main Event2018-02-25

February 26, 2018Social Media Marketing

Thanks for all of your hard work. We appreciate your review. We take your feedback seriously as we strive to create a professional and respectful environment for all of our team members. Please keep your manager of any concerns you may have.

5. "Get Out"

Former Employee - Event Coordinator

I worked at Main Event full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not too many pros at M.E.

Cons

Over worked under paid at M.E.

Advice to Management

Lessen the number of chiefs . Communicate with all centers and set standards across the board so each center runs on one accord.

Main Event2017-11-29

December 27, 2017Talent Acquisition Manager

We appreciate your review. The growth we're experiencing has opened the door to create a lot of changes and we're excited for all the new upcoming process to take place!

6. "Good Place to Get Started"

Former Employee - Sales/Event Coordinator in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Main Event full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a lot to be learned in the sales department and it gets you ready for other jobs in a similar but more professional area

Cons

No real room for growth

Main Event2017-07-19

August 30, 2017Talent Acquisition Manager

We appreciate your review and thoughts on your experience. We are disappointed to hear that you feel there is no room for growth. Were you open to relocation? With the rate that we are growing we have many new positions open up frequently.

7. "Event Coordinator"

I have been working at Main Event full-time for less than a year

Pros

Main Event provides you with 50% discounts on the food and games, which is nice. And you get benefits for health. I like the tuition reimbursement program as well. The job itself is repetitive, but overall it's decent. You are taking phone calls, booking events, and sending out emails. You will have to be organized and detail-oriented for this job. You are dealing with the public a lot, and basically helping people... schedule their birthday parties, youth group events, and corporate parties. The department I worked in was very chill, and had a good group of people so that was really nice.

Cons

The rest of the staff was very gossipy and childish. There was a lot of finger pointing at other departments if something went wrong. Outside of your own department it really wasn't much of a team atmosphere. You also have to deal with a lot of customers who hurl verbal abuse at you sometimes.

Advice to Management

I think there should be more opportunities for advancement and promotions in the company.

Main Event2017-05-29
  8. "Event Coordinator"

Former Employee - Event Coordinator in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Main Event full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I made some of my most cherished friendships at Main Event. Most of the time we were truly enjoying ourselves. I felt appreciated and came back to work there several times.

Cons

None that stick out. As the company grew larger and larger, I did feel that our center was forgotten about. Could have used some updates at existing centers.

Advice to Management

Don't forget about the older and smaller centers! Keep up the great work!

Main Event2017-05-12

June 5, 2017Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for leaving your thoughts and experience! We are taking efforts to re-do existing centers and recently had a grand re-opening! We anticipate making every Main Event center updated and look forward to having many more re-grand openings!

9. "Potentially great job with little respect for the full time employees."

Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Main Event full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free drinks and great discounts. Some wonderful managers.

Cons

Unfair compensation. Impossible bonus structure. Sales position had no training program. For a chain company, they lack company wide policies and procedures in writing. Some managers tend to act like the teenagers they should be leading and communicate in a discouraging manner.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to look at the training and bonus structure of the sales office. These full time employees work hard to bring in a large portion of center revenue and if the actually reach their bonus, it come out to barely $100. They are asked to do so much with little recognition and lore pay composited to market average.

Main Event2014-04-20