Main Event General Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Chris Morris
  1. "UNIQUE and FUN!!!"

Current Employee - General Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Main Event full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A company that values diversity, FUN, and people that work hard to satisfy the guest. They are always focused on exceeding the guest expectations, and this has been the best place to work in my 20 year career.

Cons

There are not really any cons to speak of. This company is young, has come along way over the last 3 years and has a long way to go, but they know it and they are always striving to improve the guest experience, and the operational execution of the business.

Advice to Management

Continue to value feedback, seek to understand the operations aspects of this business, and help each area work across company lines so that sales, tech and operations can effectively serve the guest.

Main Event2016-09-30
  2. "Excellent Opportunity to Grow"

Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Main Event full-time for less than a year

Pros

Up and coming family entertainment center with a focus on bowling, laser tag, gravity ropes, full service bar and casual dining. An opportunity to learn and grow with the company as they expand across the country Exciting environment with challenges to shape and develop standards for the company as they expand

Cons

Hours are long. You have to flexible as policy changes to fit the needs of the expanding company, which can create some periods of confusion or inconsistency as new systems come online. Systems in place sometimes don't meet needs, but progress is being made on all fronts.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to field management on developing promotions and standards Consider regional menu offerings and promotions as we expand. Texas should not dictate the menu choices for other markets, where tastes vary. Keep up the good work with developing strong leaders and providing opportunities for growth

Main Event2016-09-30
  3. "Great Opportunity! Incredible Growth"

I have been working at Main Event full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun Environment, High Energy, Great Growth, Good Work Life Balance

Cons

Large Facility with multiple venues requires lots of walking and active movement

4. "General Manager"

I have been working at Main Event full-time

Pros

Great values, fastest growing FEC in the country, fun environment that is fun to manage. First class operation!

Cons

365 day a year business that can have peaks and valleys with seasonality, three nights closing at 2:00 am.

Advice to Management

If you want a break from traditional full service with quick advancement Main Event may be the place for you.

Main Event2016-09-30
  5. "Great place to start a career"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Independence, MO

I have been working at Main Event full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hundred of opportunities to grow your career and start making improvements in your life.

Cons

Make sure you are comfortable working long hours that the service industry requires.

Advice to Management

Care about what you do. Who you influence. And keep in mind where you want to go.

6. "Growing Opportunities"

General Manager

I have been working at Main Event

Pros

Main Event is a growing company with many great opportunities for employment. The vision of our top leaders is refreshing, people focused and most of all nation wide. Main Event provides the training and tools necessary to grow your career no matter where you start and is always excited about new talent that brings fresh ideas for growth.

Cons

I don't see many cons to Main Event Entertainment other than giving employees the opportunity to use online based training courses.

Main Event2016-09-28
  7. "General Manager"

General Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Main Event for more than a year

Pros

Main Event Entertainment has been the best career decision I have ever made, and the best personal decision. I enjoy the fact that I work in an environment where you try to catch Team Members doing the Right thing. Praise in public, coach in private is very big here. I enjoy the fact that I work for humans.

Cons

I truly enjoy working for Main Event Entertainment. I enjoy evert aspect of my job. This job is true Fun!

Advice to Management

This is a very self driven environment. The sky is the limit, if you want to progress your career here.

Main Event2016-09-28
  8. "Great oppertunties"

General Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Main Event

Pros

Great fun place to work. A growing company with many opportunities.

Cons

Upper management needs to put more faith in the field operations ideas and suggestions.

Main Event2016-09-29
  9. "Great Culture and Opportunity"

Current Employee - General Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Main Event full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is growing very fast so there is a lot of opportunity for anyone who gets on board and performs. They have met or exceeded every expectation I have had since joining the company. One of the better work/life balance companies I've worked for.

Cons

We are still small and growing quickly so there are challenges involved that require flexibility. Much more development is needed around management training programs. The right infrastructure is in place, so this should happen soon.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on leadership development and include front line operations management in at least one development course per year. Clarify expectations and requirements for advancement at each level. Shift Supervisor to Ops Manager, Ops Manger to GM so that people new to the company have a clear path.

Main Event2014-04-09

"??? growth"

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Main Event full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Small company with many large company benefits...good vision for company....lots of great ideas...value leader.

Cons

Not very decisive....doing away with current position in a very unprofessional manner. Lots of projected growth, but takes forever for corporate office to make decisions. Many snap decisions made without research or facts. Runs labor to tight to take care of guest expectations. Over sells and under delivers on guest experience. Good vision for company...badley executed

Main Event2013-03-02