Main Event Party Hostess Reviews | Glassdoor

Chris Morris
  1. "Good"

Current Employee - Party Hostess

I have been working at Main Event part-time for less than a year

Pros

Sweet people enjoyable work process

Cons

Pay isn’t very high at all

Advice to Management

Great manager

Main Event2019-05-31
  2. "Good money, poor hours"

Current Employee - Party Hostess in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Main Event part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Main Event is fun and the environment is very friendly. The managers are understanding about asking off days. The tips are very good.

Cons

The hours aren't always the best since the amount of party's booked isn't definite.

Main Event2018-12-08
  3. "main event review"

Former Employee - Party Hostess

I worked at Main Event part-time for more than a year

Pros

great staff and good food

Cons

hectic work environment, short breaks

Main Event2018-12-03

"good HS job"

Former Employee - Party Hostess in Grapevine, TX

I worked at Main Event part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is based on your performance in parties - so if you do well you’ll get paid well

Cons

Not a career job by any means

Main Event2018-07-14
  5. "Poor Management"

Former Employee - Party Hostess

I worked at Main Event part-time

Pros

Fast paced, flexible work hours, never monotonous

Cons

biased management (people who didn't do their job wouldn't get fired if they were favored), stressful, many people's first jobs (didn't know how to be professional or mature in relationships with other workers), gossipy environment

Advice to Management

Overbooking the rooms available and leaving little time in between parties to make rooms presentable stresses out your workers. Having personal bias and favor towards those who don't do their jobs makes it more stressful for the other workers as they have to pick up the slack.

Main Event2017-09-15

October 31, 2017Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We try to find a balance between booking parties while allowing time to re-stage. Some efforts are continuously being worked on. We're disappointed that you're no longer with us.

"Party Hostess"

Current Employee - Party Hostess in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Main Event part-time for more than a year

Pros

-Flexible scheduling -Good job for high school students/good as a first job -Decent employee discounts -Cool coworkers

Cons

-Pay is way to low for the amount of work you have to do. Tips are too inconsistent to justify such a low hourly wage. -Party Hosts are probably the most mistreated employees. It's hard to get along with the other departments. -Hectic environment. Sometimes parties can be a nightmare to deal with, especially when parents are rude or kids don't listen. - Hours are inconsistent. You can have a full day of three... parties one weekend to only having one party the next. -High turnover rate

Main Event2017-06-02

June 5, 2017Talent Acquisition Manager

We appreciate you taking time to leave your feedback! Being in the family industry we strive to make things as consistent and smooth as possible, however, people are unpredictable, especially when dealing with birthday parties and events where emotions are higher. We are disappointed to hear that you were made to feel mistreated. We have taken steps to get more people from HR do check-ins and hope that team members will express any concerns on the front end. Thank you for everything that you are doing for us!

"Multiple Departments"

Former Employee - Party Hostess in Orlando, FL

I worked at Main Event part-time for less than a year

Pros

Discounts on the food free game cards for your family and basically the discounts that they offer for the employees that's about all and the virtual reality and that was only at the Orlando location .

Cons

This is one of the worst companies to start off at least the one in Orlando is . They hire you making you think is one way when it's really going to be another they take advantage of the minors. Only way you advance in the company is if you're white that's the honest to God truth. The party host are underpaid and under appreciated . If you're not paying attention and counting up your hours then they were... definitely stiff you On your money.

Advice to Management

Try to be more considerate of people in their personal lives especially when it comes to servers who have children and you have them opening and closing back to back. Find genuine managers and not the ones that just like to put on a fake face. Stop treating your mind is like their slaves and incompetent.

Main Event2017-06-02

"I WILL NEVER GO THERE"

Party Hostess in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Main Event for less than a year

Pros

THERE are some nice people

Cons

managers acting like kids, everyone wanna be the boss, I supposedly work there from oct 2016 to Jan 2017 I've only worked 7 DANG TIMES! and when being asked to be on the schedule NO RESPONDS

Advice to Management

GET YOURSELVES TOGETHER

Main Event2017-04-09

April 25, 2017Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all feedback. We are disappointed to hear about your experience. We hope that you went to your HR team if you felt you could not go to your Management. We encourage all employees to express any concerns immediately for swift action. We hope that you will reconsider and try us out again in the near future!

9. "Main Event party hostess position"

Former Employee - Party Hostess in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Main Event part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly environment, Supportive management, Great benefits

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

Main Event2016-04-20