Main Street Hub Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Main Street Hub Co-CEOs Andrew Allison; Matt Stuart
Andrew Allison; Matt Stuart

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people to work with, but often felt like a day care center (in 21 reviews)

• Our top tenured reps make a lot of money off residuals (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Change coming from the upper management level happens quickly, but making changes yourself can be arduous (in 25 reviews)

• Also it's cold calling so you need to be prepared to make over a 100 phone calls a day to some rude business owners (in 19 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Tremendous Opportunity"

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Excellent management team; smart, strategic, thoughtful, humble
    - Strong, values-driven, no BS culture
    - Teammates and co-workers who are bought in and have each other's backs
    - Family-friendly, supportive of employees having a life outside of the office
    - Massive opportunity

If you are a hard-working, intellectually honest, results-driven team player - this is where you want to work. I turned down offers from several other startups in town to join this team and I have not once regretted that decision.

Cons

Honestly don’t have much to say regarding cons. One thing might be to keep working on bringing the Sales teams and the other parts of the organizations together more often; sometimes the separate offices can be a challenge.

Advice to Management

More of the same. Let’s keep after it - hiring great people and staying 110% focused on what’s best for our customers and our employees.

May 31, 2017 – Co-CEO

Thank you for this review and for focusing on our customers, our values-driven culture, and the amazing team we’re all privileged to work with. Our customers, culture, and team are the foundation of... More

"Hard Work, Innovative Company, A lot to Learn, and Looking Forward to the Future"

Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall, I believe this is a great company. Everybody is consistently learning and moving as fast as the company is, which is super fast. It takes a lot to keep up, but in my opinion, learning to adjust and hit your goals without excuses is not only a career lesson, but a life one. Progress needs to continue and the only way to make that happen is to keep pushing forward and trust everything will work out. The company is at a certain stage where everyone can be part of something really great. The upper management is very transparent about where they are going and how they have grown thus far, much more than other companies I have worked for in the past. The culture is very fun and treat their employees with respect.

Cons

The company is still very young, so disorganization can create stressful situations. We are all human and mistakes can happen, but if mutual respect is given, problems get solved very quickly. Some projects take longer than others, but this is expected in a start-up and current processes are still being created. Sales people can turn over quickly due to performance. Pay could be higher.

Advice to Management

Communication Can Be More Sincere and Understanding at Times

Aug 8, 2015 – co-CEO

Thank you for writing this thoughtful review back in 2012. In a high-growth startup, learning quickly is critical, and you’re right to highlight that capability as key to success. Rapid professional... More

"Great company with tons of upside"

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No big egos, genuine passion for the mission, a great product that provides great value for our customers.

Cons

Perhaps some of the cons that most people find with startups could be talked about here. However, if those tend to bug you, don't join a startup!

Advice to Management

Try to nail the inter-office communication technology. Make it easier for all of us to connect.

Aug 8, 2015 – co-CEO

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review back in 2012!

It can be rare in the startup world to find a place with “no big egos,” and we’re eternally grateful that Main Street Hub has... More

"Great Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual atmosphere - No dress code, snacks, a keg of beer in the office, and music playing all the time. Great salary, benefits, commissions and bonuses. The people that work at MSH are awesome !! This is a fast growing company well on the way to big, big things very soon.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

The people that run this company are amazing. They are open to hearing suggestions and feedback from everyone in the company on how to make things better all the time. The transparency and interoffice communication is phenomenal.

Aug 8, 2015 – co-CEO

Thank for this very nice review! We appreciate you taking the time back in 2012 to write it.

Investing in our people and fostering a culture of openness and feedback are two of the strategies that... More

"Hard work that pays off"

I have been working at Main Street Hub (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for growth, learning everything about social media, amazing sales organization with great training. Work environment is fun and there is always something new going on. We get to be on the forefront of everything happening with social media and the internet.

Cons

Cold calling isn't the easiest thing to do every day. The work day starts early at 8am.

Advice to Management

give employees some autonomy over work hours

"Enjoyable -Stressful - Successful"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaborative environment. Execs who take the time out of their day to listen and help front line employees. Hard-working and fun-loving teammates. Feels like the company is headed in a great direction.

Cons

Stressful environment - but not unique from any other early stage startup.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and adjusting and getting better.

"Do not lie to yourself - Come ready to work!"

Former Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent culture, amazing professional / personal growth opportunity, room for advancement, great product that helps local business owners, the management cares about their employees, fantastic co workers, gorgeous office, and a HUGE potential to make a lot of money! It really was fun working there, and my co workers were the best of the best! Prizes, and rewards are AWESOME! Vacations to other country's, gift cards, and electronics are some of the things you can win for doing your job well. Hard to find a company this exciting.

Cons

Do not lie to yourself, and say that you are the best, if you're not ready to work harder then the best. Cold calling for a start up is not easy, and this career opportunity shouldn't be taken lightly. The have high expectations for their employees, but they're forthcoming about that from beginning. So if you choose to accept their job offer, do not complaine about the effort it takes to do your job. It is a very fast paced, and performance driven atmosphere, but you can see that when you come in for your interview. I didn't read any of the other reviews because I wanted to leave a completely in bias review, about my own personal experience.

Advice to Management

You are all doing an amazing job. I do not believe that there is a single, incapable manager in the entire company. I have been fortunate enough to meet all the managers company wide. They are all proven sales professionals, and motivational. Keep up the great work! That goes for the executive team as well.

Oct 9, 2015 – Co-CEO

Thanks very much for taking the time to leave this feedback. We’re glad you enjoyed the culture and environment in the office. We do critical work for our customers, and we believe in putting them... More

"Work hard, play hard. To the fullest."

Former Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at Main Street are their trainings on inside sales, keeping a short sales cycle, dealing with obj's, and of course the culture. Very "young" atmosphere. Loud music makes the day go by faster. Plenty of spiffs and fun competitve spirit keeps the nature of cold-calling bareable. No dress code. Happy hour. Stocked kitchen. Much more. Amazing commission structure. Loved my time there! Loved management!

Cons

You will be cold-calling for at least 8 hours / day. You are expected to come in early and stay late. Work saturdays. Prospect during the weekends. This is a commission job of winners, so it is no surprise that the suggested hours for success are heavy (7AM - 7PM - at least these are the hours the top sales people work). Some stay later (until 9 PM) to hit their commission or win trips to Paris or London. Come here to work hard & play hard, as they say.

Advice to Management

Employees should know obj's by heart. Do whatever it takes to get everyone on board.

Oct 9, 2015 – Co-CEO

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate you highlighting the training. We’re committed to building the best SMB sales team out there, and part of that commitment lives in... More

"Main Street Hub Rocks!"

Current Employee - Social Media Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Social Media Sales Associate

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a current employee at MSH, and will tell you how it is. This is hands down one of the best jobs I've ever had. No matter what work is work, but at MSH they give you an opportunity to make a lot of money, if you can figure out the sale. You have one job with this company, that is to sell. If you're good at sales and a good person, and know how to let your personality shine over the phone, you will make money while helping small business owners make more money that they would have never made. If you are a hustler and can be genuine you will bank at MSH. The CEOS are young and want everything completely transparent so that they know what they have to fix. The reviews that you see that are bashing on MSH are people who truly just were not cut out to sell social media. This job isn't for everyone but if you really think about it, you are selling a great product, hanging with great people everyday, and making great deals of money. This job will also give you skills that are valuable in any other role you may take on

Cons

Its cold calling. Somewhat of a high turnover rate because they hire a bunch of people who are not typically cut out for sales. MSH is not for everyone but If you have a passion for social media you will enjoy this position.

Advice to Management

The management is great, they will help you close deals even if you're not amazing starting out on the phone. Keep it up

Dec 8, 2014 – co-CEO

Thanks for your review! As you know, our mission is to create thriving local economies, and the growth we’ve seen so far is the result of having a product that resonates with local businesses and a... More

"Great Place for Growth and Experience"

Current Employee - Senior Social Media Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Social Media Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Camaraderie of your fellow team members. They spend lots of time after work helping each other with the pitch or whatever it takes to become better. Sales Training's are some of the best I have seen. The strong committment to Company Culture by the CEO's and management is very impressive. Lots of open talks with implementation and follow through. Plus your really helping local businesses, a service you can feel confident to offer

Cons

Sometimes the noise in the office is more difficult. But the vibe of everyone pitching together keeps us pushing each other,
    Not having a key to get in the office early

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, hearing from your employees in 2012 and then following up with us by having more town halls for us to be able to be heard or ask questions has benefited all of us. Visiting the offices across the country and sitting down with us has made such an impact amongts employees, the confidence level has increased over the last 6 months.

Dec 8, 2014 – co-CEO

Thanks for your review. We appreciate you sharing your feedback, and we agree that we have a fantastic team! When hiring, we look for people who align with our values – one of these being “Elevate... More