Mainstream Merchant Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Mainstream Merchant Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. I get to make my own schedule. I get the best support from technical to client relations. This company truly has an understanding for making the employees and the clients happy. This truly helps me make a very good living.

Cons

As a growing company they are always good at finding new innovative technologies to provide our clients but sometimes I wish we had the ability to use some of the technology that has been proven inside the industry.

Advice to Management

Invest your time in creating POS partnership.

2. "Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Mainstream Merchant Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Transparency, informative sales portal, proper training, pleasant corporate staffs and managers, not too much pressure and most importantly - do not periodically raise fees to the merchants and stick with the contract the entire time I have been with the company (3+ Years).

Cons

1. Not aggressive enough when it comes to new prospects especially if the business is brand new. Only 25 Estimated Gross Margin is credited to new merchant regardless of industry or size of the business. I have quite many restaurant deals that process over 100K per month and I will get 25 EGM toward my performance. Only because this is a brand new business with no previous sales history to compare with. Other companies will usually based on first 3-month EGM to come up with the correct EGM. Free terminal is almost impossible to get if this is a new business.

2. Has a lot of terminals to choose from but there are some extra steps are unable to bypass. It could be TSYS processor issue but things like this never got resolved for the longest time and it is not easy when you have other competitors out there that can do better on their terminals.

Advice to Management

EGM For new business should be reflected after 3 months of processing with us - not 25 because it doesn't reward sales rep to sell to new businesses (Or existing business starting to accept credit card payment).

"Honest"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

Pros

Great atmosphere and amazing co-workers.

Cons

Micro management to the t.

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Lake Oswego, OR
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Lake Oswego, OR

Pros

You get to make your own schedule, work from home, limited supervision, no territory...sell wherever you want.

Cons

Commission only, would be nice if there was some sort of base pay, if you don't have money saved up, it can take a while to collect a statement from the customer and then find time to present the proposal. You can make great money, but make sure you have a buffer before you commit to this company.

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive

Pros

AMAZING AMAZING training program. If you dont know anything dont worry, they truly do care for their people. You 100% get out what you put in it. Everyone in the company is more then willing to help each other out. Great company to be apart of. Work life balance, make your own schedule. Great compensation plans that you get to choose works best for you, including Monthly bonuses and benefits.

Cons

Commission base income only. You 100% get out what you put in it.

Advice to Management

Great Job, Keep up the GREAT WORK

"Sales Agent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Pros

Great support, work from home, no micro management

Cons

If you don't know how the payment card industry works, this isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Honorable people"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

One of the principle traits at this company is that they treat their employees exactly as they ask us to treat our merchants. Very honorable culture from the top down. ATG

Cons

None of any consequence at this time.

Advice to Management

Stay focused to core mission

"Best culture of any company I've worked for!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

The main thing that attracted me was the culture of the company where they are so interested in helping every Account Executive become successful and achieve their financial goals, all while maintain that work-life balance. Very fair compensation program, not the highest in the industry, but very generous considering all the offerings, programs, support, benefits, etc., and for me, it feels like owning a very successful business without all the headaches of running a business. Bonuses are relatively easy to get, great contests to get AEs motivated to break their personal bests, and Mainstream also covers expenses for Account Executives as well as Managers alike. This will be the company I retire from.

Cons

Relatively a young company, and not the name-recognition I was used to, but that will change over time as the company is growing very rapidly.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you're doing, treating your people as valued team members, and not just bodies or numbers like other companies, and you'll have a huge AND successful organization filled with happy employees!

"Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Account Executive

Pros

This company really cares about their employees and takes the time to listen. Great place to work if you are willing to work hard

Cons

No cons at this time..

Advice to Management

Great senior management. Help develop additional partnerships for the external sales force.

"Honorable people to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Manager in Baltimore, MD

Pros

They want all their customers to be happy customers. They deliver a personal touch to each merchant they process for. They hire by committee to insure a level of quality within their operation.

Cons

Really do not have any. Have worked for Mainstream 5+ years and have not had an issue they did not resolve in a timely manner.

Advice to Management

Not everything needs to be shipped FedEx. Prioritize the need for Overnight delivery. Not everything needs to be shipped that way.