Major Players Reviews | Glassdoor

Jack Gratton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Consultant"

I worked at Major Players full-time

Pros

Gorgeous office, amazing location in Covent Garden

Cons

Horrifying leadership, shockingly high turnover of staff

Dec 13, 2017 – chairman

Wow, it is so disappointing to read this. MP clearly didn't work out for this ex-employee!
    Just on a point of fact, our staff turnover in 2017 is actually 30% which is well below the industry... More

2. "The best company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruitment Resourcer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Resourcer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Major Players full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Such a welcoming and supportive environment, friendly atmosphere. There is of course hard work but there is a lot of team work.
    Next to Covent Garden, packed full of restaurants and shops
    Nice benefits scheme
    Support and development

Cons

No windows but you can always step outside for some fresh air
    Would love more fruit/food options
    Wifi for personal phones could be better

Dec 6, 2017 – chairman

Thanks for your comments. They reflect what we are trying to achieve so big tick there! Many people talk about trying to achieve a" family" feel to their businesses but that scares me! Families fight... More

3. "Working at MP"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Major Players full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training and development, fantastic clients, and a working culture that is hard to beat. Forward thinking and open to change.

Cons

No options for flexible working at consultant level

Nov 23, 2017 – chairman

Great review thank you. MP is such a collaborative environment that flexible working is difficult to offer to everyone. We do however offer it on a case by case basis where we are supporting a... More

4. "Big in the game"

Pros

The team are great to work with. Everyone at Major Players are very welcoming and supportive and help push people to reach their full potential. A very refreshing environment instead of the normal corporate one!

Cons

Very social environment. May not be to everybody's liking!

Apr 7, 2017 – chairman

Thanks for the feedback. I like it!
    Getting the right balance between being sociable and commercial is always a challenge but I would like to think that those who don't want to pull "all-nighters... More

5. "Challenging but rewarding business"

I have been working at Major Players full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A business that is built around autonomy and progression. Major Players have grown and gone through, as any business does, changes. However, this business is what you make it. You want to develop a desk, do it. You want to manage, do it. The concept of glass ceilings are quite frankly shattered within an organisation like this.
    The cultural is young and vibrant (which may not be to everyone's taste), however like all businesses we are built on being commercial and successful. We tend to reflect our clients and the social / cultural aspect of the business is testament to that.
    We are fortunate to have a wide range of backgrounds in the business from ex industry, different recruitment businesses to completely different industries all together which makes for a diverse working space.
    Strong senior and consistent leadership team too.

Cons

Long hours and hard work if you want to be successful, as this business is based around building something that is your own - shouldn't be a surprise in a sales environment though.
    Quite a young team - which some people may not want.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Apr 7, 2017 – chairman

Great feedback thank you. A good reflection on what I feel we are about.

"Major players"

I have been working at Major Players full-time

Pros

Very well known agency, good reputation and as a result very much live clients/candidates. A head above the competition in terms of marketing and the extra support provided for consultants ie support staff

Cons

Very stats led, with fairly rigid daily structure which can feel slightly restricting. The monthly verses quarterly based targets can make it more stressful than other environments I've worked in.

The windowless environment... An office move would be great!

Advice to Management

I'd really like to see it becoming more of a quaterly targeted environment verses monthly - I meant his regarding monetary stats not overall stats

Mar 16, 2017 – chairman

Thanks for your review, I think it was generally positive! I guess on the office front, the pay off of being in a fantastic Covent Garden location is that we don't have that much natural light. Our... More

7. "Great levels of employee engagement"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Major Players full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee care, training and development, networking platforms, and structure.

Working environment is very conducive to personal and professional growth and the senior management is invested in helping you attain your maximum potential.

Very transparent work culture - every Friday, we get a good snapshot of the business and where the teams are at!

Cons

Some big characters out there in the business. Will not suit someone who is shy/introvert

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Mar 2, 2017 – chairman

Great review, thanks for taking the time to post. I agree, introverts need not apply but we do have an incredibly diverse workforce who are all special in their own way.
    thanks
    jx

8. "Review"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Major Players full-time

Pros

The people are what make Major Players, working here means you get to meet and work with some amazing characters. There is a great sense of community and everyone is willing to help you succeed. The guidance and expertise I have been lucky to encounter at Major players has helped shaped my career and I am extremely thankful for that.

Cons

Absolutely nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to be the best.

Mar 2, 2017 – chairman

Brilliant review, thanks for taking the time to post. It's our sense of community and career nurturing culture that I'm most proud of.
    Thanks

9. "Company review"

Current Employee - Support
    Current Employee - Support

I have been working at Major Players full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture and a great team of people in which everyone is fully supportive of each other, from management and within the team. Opportunities to progress if you work hard and lots of benefits/perks available to staff.

Cons

Processes could still be better but have vastly improved over the last year.

Mar 2, 2017 – chairman

I'm really pleased that our investment in processes and systems is making a difference. We have further to go but we are getting there.
    thanks
    Jx

10. "MP are still my second family nearly 2 years after having left."

Former Employee - Head of Talent & Director in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Head of Talent & Director in London, England (UK)

I worked at Major Players full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've never joined a company and immediately felt a sense of belonging, friendship, community and collective push for success so quickly, and on a constant. Being at Major Players helped me develop professionally but find a second family, a group of mates I still see regularly, and I genuinely enjoyed going into work every day. I was also propelled into a place of unbelievable opportunity by the company, and that's priceless.

Cons

It is a high pressure environment at times, as is any recruitment space, although provided you can handle that workspace it's nothing (and I mean nothing) outside of the norm. I found it hard to switch off because I became slightly wedded to my desk and industry. It became a little bit too much like our competitors, which when I joined, it was miles away from (which was the appeal entirely for me and ultimately the reason I think I did OK). I feel like it lost a little of its uniqueness as it grew, though I'm sure this is an inevitable situation.

Advice to Management

Remember the reason people come on board and the reason you hired them. Why they are so special and crucial for your team. When staff aren't happy, they don't work like happy people work, and that ultimately impacts the experience of the candidates and the clients who whether we like it or not, we work for. Recruitment gems are hard to come by - do what you can to hold on to the ones you have.

Mar 2, 2017 – chairman

I'm so proud of this review. We understand that people don't stay in jobs for ever, it's business, but we always want people to leave with the same feelings as this reviewer.
    Thanks