Major Players Reviews | Glassdoor

Major Players Reviews

4.0
Jack Gratton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Challenging but rewarding business"

I have been working at Major Players full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A business that is built around autonomy and progression. Major Players have grown and gone through, as any business does, changes. However, this business is what you make it. You want to develop a desk, do it. You want to manage, do it. The concept of glass ceilings are quite frankly shattered within an organisation like this.
    The cultural is young and vibrant (which may not be to everyone's taste), however like all businesses we are built on being commercial and successful. We tend to reflect our clients and the social / cultural aspect of the business is testament to that.
    We are fortunate to have a wide range of backgrounds in the business from ex industry, different recruitment businesses to completely different industries all together which makes for a diverse working space.
    Strong senior and consistent leadership team too.

Cons

Long hours and hard work if you want to be successful, as this business is based around building something that is your own - shouldn't be a surprise in a sales environment though.
    Quite a young team - which some people may not want.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Apr 7, 2017 – chairman

Great feedback thank you. A good reflection on what I feel we are about.
    Jx

2. "Working at Major Players"

I have been working at Major Players full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We really champion an inclusive environment and reward hard workers really well. One of the main attractions for me when joining Major Players, was that everyone I met was a real person, they didn't speak any recruiter jargon and everyone seemed genuinely interested in the sector they recruit for. After being here for a while, that's not changed and everyone genuinely wants to work hard and do well!

Cons

At times the focus on the numbers can get frustrating, as well as the usual recruitment issues (clients not responding, candidates being flaky) but apart from this, it's a really great agency. If anything, I wish there was more natural light in the office but beggars can't be choosers, when we have a fab location.

Advice to Management

I'm really keen to continue learning all the time, whether it be a new way of working or a new client but not everyone is able to do this in exactly the same way. Try to harness the skills that people have and work with these...

Mar 2, 2017 – chairman

We have doubled our Training budget in 2017, we know it's key and we are on it!
    Thanks
    Jx

3. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Covent Garden, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Covent Garden, England (UK)

I have been working at Major Players full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a very fast paced environment and lots of opportunity. There is never a dull moment in the office. If you work hard, you are rewarded. It's a business, but also a family like environment. The great part of Major Players is they are very passionate about the areas they recruit in. All consultants seem to have a great knowledge of their areas they recruit in, and that is highly encouraged by the senior management team.. It's a great team environment and a very supportive place to work.

Cons

There are targets for consultants which you are expected to meet- like any other recruitment business.

Advice to Management

Can't think of any.

Mar 2, 2017 – chairman

Thanks for your review. I love the family atmosphere here. Jx

4. "Working at Major Players"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

Great culture, lovely people, they look after you as a company. Rewarded for doing well. Clear guidance and KPIs.

Cons

A lot of targets and KPIs. But that's the nature of recruitment.

Advice to Management

Keep being approachable and transparent.

5. "A fun, creative and enjoyable recruitment consultancy environment"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

During my time at MPL, back in the early noughties, it was staffed by ex-industry professionals who were relaxed, creatrive and godo fun - the social scene was fantastic and the woirking culture was very relaxed. The work ethics were strong, which attracted me and they stuck to their word when it came to ethical recruitment.

Cons

At times some of the management showed a level of unprofessionalism towards members of staff and that would ocassionally erupt in to political issues. Basic salaries were not very high and the bonus system did not seem to be particularly great.

Advice to Management

Hold on to the creative approach, the relaxed feel and the ex-industry consultants.