Major Players Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jack Gratton

1. "Progressive, creative and super fun culture"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Major Players full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a really progressive company, that is growing rapidly and investing loads into its developing its staff and making itself the best creative recruiter out there..
    I feel really valued at Major Players and unlike alot of boutique recruitment companies out there, there is real career progression available..
    There is no top drawering, or hogging of clients etc... Everyone is so helpful to each other and works together to build a better company.
    Socially its great, there is a bar in the office and dj decks, bacon sarnies and biccies - there is a real social vibe to the whole business, not your typical recruitment company..

Cons

Like any company out there that wants to grow and be successful there are targets in place but I wouldnt say they are over the top... they are achievable and still in line with making sure people work really effectively but with integrity...

I wouldn't recommend Major Players to someone who just wants to coast by and not do much, its a really transparent environment and its a progressive business that is driving creative recruitment forward so you have to be driven to work here... I believe last year a significant amount of people left because they weren't committed to driving the business forward.

Advice to Management

Training is really important for new recruiters and the training here at Major Players is way better than it used to be.. Its now a 2 week induction course. I think that all consultants junior or senior should take part.
    Work life balance is good (as good as it can be in recruitment)
    The benefits scheme seems good and better than alot of other recruiters out there.

2. "Great fun, progressive recruiter"

Pros

Really forward thinking, great plans and I believe they will achieve them. Really suits people with enthusiasm and a real will to succeed.

Cons

Not for shrinking violets or those looking for an easy life

Advice to Management

Keep going trying to change the face of Creative recruitment

"Working at MP"

I have been working at Major Players full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture
    Fantastic team
    Investment in the business

Cons

More personal training to improve skills

"Recruitment"

I have been working at Major Players full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team who all work well together. Everyone is very high energy and hugely into their sectors. It's also a very sociable company and the MD and managers tend to really look after people.

Cons

Not really many cons but probably not suited for lone wolfs there is a huge team environment here so tends to suit people who like that element best.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and loving watching this place grow.

5. "Forward thinking business, an exciting time to be on board."

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Major Players full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A progressive business with a strong and supportive management team in place.
    Specialist consultants with a genuine passion for their individual sectors, who strive to provide the honest, consultative service that Major Players has always been known for.
    Collaborative working environment. No big egos. Team work is encouraged and successes are celebrated company wide (not just about the biggest billers!).
    People here are focussed and they work hard, but there's a great social side too.
    Competitive salaries and commission structure.

Cons

There really aren't many cons. If you're disciplined and a team player you'll do really well here.
    Having worked with Major Players for a number of years I can honestly say that it's in the best shape I've seen, and recent awards are testament to this.

Advice to Management

As the company gets bigger, keep investing in staff training at all levels and continue to take on board employee, candidate and client feedback to maintain a competitive edge.

Major Players Response

Mar 2, 2017 – chairman

We are investing heavily on training and believe we are now world class in this area. thanks jx

6. "Leading the way"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

There are lot's of perks working at Major Players - From free bacon sandwiches on a Monday (genuinely helps take the edge off a Monday morning), a fantastic support network, competitions to win trips abroad, a free bar in the office and dedicated management team who are there to help drive your career forward. Also, being the most well-known and respected recruitment companies in the industry you get an immediate buy in from candidates and clients. It makes the job much easier!

Cons

The free bar.....it can ruin your Saturday morning

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

7. "Resourcer feedback"

Current Employee - Creative Services Resourcer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Creative Services Resourcer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Major Players full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working at Major Players! There is a constant buzz in the office, and the atmosphere is always so positive. Everybody has there individual personalities, so friendly and we all work in a collaborative approach to help each other. I was knew to my space (Creative Services) but i've had constant guidance along the way, and weekly reviews to ensure I am on track. Ultimately it feels like everyone is on your side, and we're all in it together.

Cons

The only negative would be the bar in the office, so on 'Freelance Friday' when we get super busy from 4pm.... it's hard to say no to a glass of wine!

8. "What's not to love?"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

Supportive management who really want the best for the team, considerate and friendly staff, great career opportunities, a real "we're all in this together" feel, great social environment, a perfect mix of ex-industry professionals and recruiters, work hard/play hard environment, high recognition from the industry!

Cons

May not be for people who prefer to work in isolation. There's a real strong team environment. Also... some Fridays, it can be rather hard to resist the lure of the office bar!

Advice to Management

Keep on hiring diverse, interesting people and maintaining strong training standards.

9. "Major Players - A great place to work !"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

Amazing amount of support and training from fellow colleagues. Enjoyable work atmosphere, everyone is really accommodating and there is a really sociable environment. Great reputation in the market and the company has great direction and aspirations, you feel part of something that is really going somewhere.

Cons

Only suitable for people who are happy to work hard, people who don't tend to struggle

10. "Entrepreneurial company with legacy and ambition"

Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Major Players full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic legacy brand with long last relationships but also an ambition to continue to develop to remain the best in the industry. Team orientated, collaborative, open culture.
    Award winning marketing department that deliver interactive campaigns which enables consultants to have engaging conversations and form truly partner focused relationships rather than being transactional.

Cons

As we are continually developing our teams, our offering you have to be the type of person who wants to develop and continuously try to be better, this can be tiring for some people!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the staff, keep striving for better