Major Players Reviews in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

United Kingdom

4.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jack Gratton

1. "Great levels of employee engagement"

I have been working at Major Players full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee care, training and development, networking platforms, and structure.

Working environment is very conducive to personal and professional growth and the senior management is invested in helping you attain your maximum potential.

Very transparent work culture - every Friday, we get a good snapshot of the business and where the teams are at!

Cons

Some big characters out there in the business. Will not suit someone who is shy/introvert

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Mar 2, 2017 – chairman

Great review, thanks for taking the time to post. I agree, introverts need not apply but we do have an incredibly diverse workforce who are all special in their own way. thanks jx

2. "MP are still my second family nearly 2 years after having left."

Former Employee - Head of Talent & Director in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Head of Talent & Director in London, England (UK)

I worked at Major Players full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've never joined a company and immediately felt a sense of belonging, friendship, community and collective push for success so quickly, and on a constant. Being at Major Players helped me develop professionally but find a second family, a group of mates I still see regularly, and I genuinely enjoyed going into work every day. I was also propelled into a place of unbelievable opportunity by the company, and that's priceless.

Cons

It is a high pressure environment at times, as is any recruitment space, although provided you can handle that workspace it's nothing (and I mean nothing) outside of the norm. I found it hard to switch off because I became slightly wedded to my desk and industry. It became a little bit too much like our competitors, which when I joined, it was miles away from (which was the appeal entirely for me and ultimately the reason I think I did OK). I feel like it lost a little of its uniqueness as it grew, though I'm sure this is an inevitable situation.

Advice to Management

Remember the reason people come on board and the reason you hired them. Why they are so special and crucial for your team. When staff aren't happy, they don't work like happy people work, and that ultimately impacts the experience of the candidates and the clients who whether we like it or not, we work for. Recruitment gems are hard to come by - do what you can to hold on to the ones you have.

Mar 2, 2017 – chairman

I'm so proud of this review. We understand that people don't stay in jobs for ever, it's business, but we always want people to leave with the same feelings as this reviewer. Thanks Jx ... More

3. "Major Players"

Current Employee - Support in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Support in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Major Players full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting industry
    Consultants given autonomy
    Good training and development
    Great culture
    Good benefits

Cons

Need a few more processes

Advice to Management

Keep it up

On the processes, thanks Jx

4. "Managing Consultant"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Major Players full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been at Major Players for over 6 years and I love it here. It is a great company to work for as they are a well known brand in the creative space and I love the way we do recruitment, which is the Major Players way. We are ethical and it all about finding the best fit, for the client and the candidate. How is it different to any other recruiter I hear you ask? Well, we are all about forging relationships which are lasting ones. We are in to for the long haul...

Cons

I don't really have any cons as such so I am just going to write and try and pad it out, I think!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and lots more of it!

Mar 2, 2017 – chairman

It's all about the relationships with all stakeholders and I'm pleased we seem to be doing it right. Thanks for the review. Jx

5. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Covent Garden, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Covent Garden, England (UK)

I have been working at Major Players full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a very fast paced environment and lots of opportunity. There is never a dull moment in the office. If you work hard, you are rewarded. It's a business, but also a family like environment. The great part of Major Players is they are very passionate about the areas they recruit in. All consultants seem to have a great knowledge of their areas they recruit in, and that is highly encouraged by the senior management team.. It's a great team environment and a very supportive place to work.

Cons

There are targets for consultants which you are expected to meet- like any other recruitment business.

Advice to Management

Can't think of any.

Mar 2, 2017 – chairman

Thanks for your review. I love the family atmosphere here. Jx

6. "Working at Major Players"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

Great culture, lovely people, they look after you as a company. Rewarded for doing well. Clear guidance and KPIs.

Cons

A lot of targets and KPIs. But that's the nature of recruitment.

Advice to Management

Keep being approachable and transparent.

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Major Players full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great induction training giving an overview of how the whole business works - what services we offer and how we operate transparently.

- Amazing culture - created to mirror the digital marketing agency culture - all open plan, people talk, casual dress, music in the background - great buzz when you walk in.

- Everyone around is happy to help whether it be a director / manager/ consultant or resourcer, if you need help, they are all willing to assist.

- Room for career progression is definitely available here - with a clear structure for all promotions.

Cons

After 2/3 Months - None at all

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

8. "Loving it!"

Current Employee - Resourcer in Covent Garden, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Resourcer in Covent Garden, England (UK)

I have been working at Major Players full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Nurturing culture which encourages learning through collaboration.
    - Warm and lively working environment.
    - Professionalism and ethical practice at the heart of all operations.
    - Motivational meritocratic system.
    - Lively, friendly and ambitious social culture.

Major Players saw past my lack of experience to my passion, ambition and strengths and decided I'd right fit in. I've since learnt so much and met so many wonderful people and can see a clear professional trajectory where I couldn't before.

Cons

. . . . .

Advice to Management

Continue to increase diversity

9. "Team Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Major Players full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great bunch of people who had a good time and a great laugh

Cons

No real business focus and consistent service to clients and candidates was few and fair between.

Mar 2, 2017 – chairman

Our client and candidate service is an area we are really investing. We use netpromoter to see how we are doing and then act quickly on any areas of concern. Our score has moved to 9 in recent ... More

10. "Entrepreneurial company with legacy and ambition"

Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Major Players full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic legacy brand with long last relationships but also an ambition to continue to develop to remain the best in the industry. Team orientated, collaborative, open culture.
    Award winning marketing department that deliver interactive campaigns which enables consultants to have engaging conversations and form truly partner focused relationships rather than being transactional.

Cons

As we are continually developing our teams, our offering you have to be the type of person who wants to develop and continuously try to be better, this can be tiring for some people!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the staff, keep striving for better