Makosi Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Makosi CEO Darren Isaacs
Darren Isaacs

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The work life balance is superb" (in 6 reviews)

• "It is nice to get one on one talks with the C-level management asking what they can do or your opinion on things" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "I would not consider the company to be the type of consulting firm you think it may be" (in 4 reviews)

• "No cons other than website makes you list cons to submit review" (in 3 reviews)

1. "The experience was great"

Pros

Makosi provides a great opportunity to learn and grow in a short period of time. The secondment was a great experience.

Cons

None. The secondment was great!

2. "Secondment with Makosi"

Current Employee - Temporary Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Temporary Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Makosi part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Makosi team is super friendly, helpful and considerate every step of the way.
    The secondment program is definitely something that everyone should consider post articles.
    Overall, I had a lovely experience being a part of the Makosi family!.

Cons

No cons. I had a good experience with the Company

3. "The onboarding process was excellent. The team is very interactive and resolved an issue promptly."

Current Employee - Finance Associate
    Current Employee - Finance Associate

Pros

Team interaction, support for me and my career goals, and including me in improving benefits etc for the team:)

Cons

There are none so far!

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Keep being involved. Benefits are amazing. Maybe consider student loan program incentives.

4. "INCREDIBLE company that fosters professional AND personal growth"

Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Makosi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. The company centers itself around 4 Core Values (Do Everything with Heart, Never Give Up, Always Improving, Get Your Hands Dirty) instead of greediness. One of the things I loved about Makosi from Day 1 is their team mentality. The staff is very close-knit, and every person in the company - no matter the job title - is treated with respect. I've never been part of a company where I felt truly valued and cared for. The company is selective about their employees because they only hire people who will benefit both the company both is terms of profit as well as company culture. To Makosi, if someone has a stellar business background, but lacks the company's Core Values (in other words, if a person is good for the company's profitability but not the Makosi team), then that person is not a good fit for Makosi. The people on the Makosi team encourage, motivate, push, and help each other. Having employees who all live-out their Core Values day in and day out truly makes all the difference in the world in team functionality, and thus company success. It was a privilege to work for Makosi. The only reason we parted ways was because the company presented me with an opportunity for a management level position with an affiliated company. I think this is a testament to Makosi's investment in the growth and success of their employees as well as their belief in promoting from within. The work life balance is superb. They respect the fact that employees have personal lives in addition to their professional ones. I cannot say enough good things about the company. When I was interviewing for a Recruiter position, I thought the company seemed too good to be true. However, I can say that they practice what they preach, and the company BEYOND exceeded my expectations.

Cons

The only reason I could foresee someone not enjoying working for Makosi would be if that person was looking for an easy 9-5 job and not career-driven. Recruitment is not for the faint of heart so even though Makosi is an incredible company, if you don't have a tenacious spirit and a drive/want to do well, then this business (not just Makosi) isn't a good fit.

Advice to Management

No advice to give. Truly can't think of a better management team work for.

5. "AVP"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Makosi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- You can negotiate your daily rate
    - Someone else is searching for your next job but your next job is not guaranteed
    - Don't have to report to anyone except the client you are working for

Cons

- I would not consider the company to be the type of consulting firm you think it may be. You are basically and external contractor for the company that is considered to be your "client"
    - Not sure how serious they take your signed contract

Advice to Management

Keep building client relationships

6. "Great company culture and support from all levels of team."

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Makosi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Makosi has made me feel at home and supported since day one. They really go above and beyond to check in with their employees to ensure we are happy and if they can do anything to make it better. It is nice to get one on one talks with the C-level management asking what they can do or your opinion on things.

Cons

Nothing that relates to the company.

Advice to Management

The check in's and feedback is great.

7. "Keep up the good work"

Current Employee - Vice President Finance
    Current Employee - Vice President Finance

I have been working at Makosi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours are great and team is very supportive and goal oriented.

Cons

Greta leadership and treat it as if it's your own business is critical to work in a company you want to grow in and this company does just that so no cons.

8. "Associate"

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Makosi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This has been the most supportive team I have ever had the opportunity to work with/for. The Owners have been very involved and incredibly helpful with my progress since Day One. There is an open forum to provide constant feedback and the emphasis that is placed on both personal And professional growth is refreshing. The ability to grow as a professional is the best I have experienced thus far in my professional career.

Cons

None to speak of at the moment.

Advice to Management

Continue to explore new industries! Keep up the Great work!!

9. "Onboarding and Support"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Makosi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team has been great in helping onboard and get things done including benefits. Didn't stop there and support at the client site to ensure successful in my endeavors

Cons

None yet, will see once assignment ends

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Bad Support - Offensive"

I have been working at Makosi full-time

Pros

Customer List - Financial Services in NYC

Cons

Bad support or no support. Lacking Paperwork.

Advice to Management

Respond to emails.Train support in positive communication skills & time management.

Makosi Response

Mar 19, 2018 – CEO

Hi there, we're sorry you feel this way. We have a comprehensive and well documented support framework both on line at https://support.makosi.com/hc/en-us and internally via our consultant success... More