Makosi Reviews

Updated Mar 4, 2021

4.3
Makosi CEO Darren Isaacs (no image)
Darren Isaacs
Pros
  • "The work life balance is superb(in 6 reviews)

• "growing company(in 3 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I would not consider the company to be the type of consulting firm you think it may be(in 4 reviews)

• "When working at the client there is no support from them compare to the other staffing company(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fantastic company to work for that provides opportunities to work overseas

Feb 24, 2021 - Accounting Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working conditions Good pay Great staff

Cons

Primarily audit jobs which can be redundant

2. 1.0

Stay Away

Feb 25, 2020 - Concierge
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros to mention.

Cons

Low pay, management has no clue what they are doing.

Makosi Response

CEO

This is strange. We haven’t had a concierge work at makosi for over 3 years. I’m quite sure you’re not a current or former employee. Either way, I’d be happy to chat to understand your experience with us.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

INCREDIBLE company that fosters professional AND personal growth

Jan 16, 2019 - Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. The company centers itself around 4 Core Values (Do Everything with Heart, Never Give Up, Always Improving, Get Your Hands Dirty) instead of greediness. One of the things I loved about Makosi from Day 1 is their team mentality. The staff is very close-knit, and every person in the company - no matter the job title - is treated with respect. I've never been part of a company where I felt truly valued and cared for. The company is selective about their employees because they only hire people who will benefit both the company both is terms of profit as well as company culture. To Makosi, if someone has a stellar business background, but lacks the company's Core Values (in other words, if a person is good for the company's profitability but not the Makosi team), then that person is not a good fit for Makosi. The people on the Makosi team encourage, motivate, push, and help each other. Having employees who all live-out their Core Values day in and day out truly makes all the difference in the world in team functionality, and thus company success. It was a privilege to work for Makosi. The only reason we parted ways was because the company presented me with an opportunity for a management level position with an affiliated company. I think this is a testament to Makosi's investment in the growth and success of their employees as well as their belief in promoting from within. The work life balance is superb. They respect the fact that employees have personal lives in addition to their professional ones. I cannot say enough good things about the company. When I was interviewing for a Recruiter position, I thought the company seemed too good to be true. However, I can say that they practice what they preach, and the company BEYOND exceeded my expectations.

Cons

The only reason I could foresee someone not enjoying working for Makosi would be if that person was looking for an easy 9-5 job and not career-driven. Recruitment is not for the faint of heart so even though Makosi is an incredible company, if you don't have a tenacious spirit and a drive/want to do well, then this business (not just Makosi) isn't a good fit.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

The onboarding process was excellent. The team is very interactive and resolved an issue promptly.

Feb 21, 2019 - Finance Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team interaction, support for me and my career goals, and including me in improving benefits etc for the team:)

Cons

There are none so far!

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

The experience was great

Mar 20, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Makosi provides a great opportunity to learn and grow in a short period of time. The secondment was a great experience.

Cons

None. The secondment was great!

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 2.0

Work Enviroment

Jun 7, 2019 - Vice President in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is good if you have a good project

Cons

They won't support you when your project ends

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Secondment with Makosi

Mar 13, 2019 - Temporary Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Makosi team is super friendly, helpful and considerate every step of the way. The secondment program is definitely something that everyone should consider post articles. Overall, I had a lovely experience being a part of the Makosi family!.

Cons

No cons. I had a good experience with the Company

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Remarkable people and remarkable company

Nov 2, 2012 - AUdit & Business Consultant in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Makosi has an excellent culture. A play hard word hard mentality in an exciting environment that is also very challenging and supportive. Both management and employees are fiercely focused on delivering top quality service to clients. There have been many periodic gatherings and outings to wonderful restaurants and other fun activities like skiing or sailing trips. I found it is a place that constantly encourages one to develop professionally while engaging everyone to find innovative ways to improve and grow the business. It has been my experience that management is fair, flexible, and reasonable when it comes to each person’s personal situation - they genuinely care about our success and happiness which helps enable a good work life balance. They are also a bit quirky and a lot of fun. It is mostly on the job training but development courses, coaching, and mentoring are always available and if you find an area you want to improve you can approach management for guidance or access to the necessary courses. Being involved in many stimulating projects with exposure to C-Level client personal, I’ve had numerous opportunities to stretch my abilities and develop new skills. Overall, I think it is a solid company with an exceptional amount of potential and I’m excited to see some of the strategic initiatives unfold.

Cons

It’s a relatively young company so it doesn’t have a well know reputation but I think with time it will have a global presence and a solid positive following.

9. 3.0

AVP

Nov 30, 2018 - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- You can negotiate your daily rate - Someone else is searching for your next job but your next job is not guaranteed - Don't have to report to anyone except the client you are working for

Cons

- I would not consider the company to be the type of consulting firm you think it may be. You are basically and external contractor for the company that is considered to be your "client" - Not sure how serious they take your signed contract

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Propelling my professional life one project at a time!

Aug 30, 2013 - Project Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Professionalism: The level of professionalism at Makosi is both motivational and impressive. Personal: Unlike other firms where you aren't much more than a product, all levels of management at Makosi engage with consultants. In addition, consultants are treated to various social activities several times per year. We're more like a family! Growth: Simply, growth is not only encouraged, it's expected! This is the most important component to me. Makosi will provide the support and guidance to track you to your long term career objectives as long as you are willing to put your best foot forward (easy right?) Network: The client base is superb! It's exciting to see where Makosi is and even more exciting to know where it's going. Makosi has vast and strong relationships with many reputable organizations...and this is only the beginning. This leads me to my last, but certainly not the least, point: Exposure: Between the network and the personal engagement with management, it's difficult not to be motivated and inspired, to work hard and play hard, to learn and to grow...

Cons

There are absolutely no cons that I can identify at this stage of my career with Makosi.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 51 Reviews