KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Makosi CEO Darren Isaacs
Darren Isaacs

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Staff well being

Feb 26, 2022 - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely the best, great place to work

Cons

Not much really, great people to work with

Be the first to find this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

So glad that you have had a great experience to date! Let's go Rockstar!

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Meh

Jun 16, 2022 - Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Potential to make higher pay

Cons

Does not support employees. And subpar benefits

Makosi Response

Hey Rockstar! We welcome any feedback, so thanks for sharing yours! As a leadership team and as an Organisation, we have created a number of platforms where we discuss and tackle any concerns that you have or would like to highlight and if you have not utilised any of these platforms yet, we would encourage you to do so! #asikhulume #journeyadvocate We might not always have the answer, but as part of our core values we always commit to finding a solution or an answer. #commitment #accountability So reach out, make contact, let's walk this journey together to make sure that we grow together. There is always, Room to Grow.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fantastic company to work for that provides opportunities to work overseas

Feb 24, 2021 - Accounting Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working conditions Good pay Great staff

Cons

Primarily audit jobs which can be redundant

Makosi Response

Hi Makosi Rock Star! Thank you for sharing your Pros and Cons with us - this is important to us as we have committed ourselves to walking this journey with you. We are also in a position where we have expanded our reach and definitely offer more than just audit opportunities.... are you interested in hearing more? Let's connect, get in touch! The Makosi Talent Team

4. 1.0

Stay Away

Feb 25, 2020 - Concierge
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros to mention.

Cons

Low pay, management has no clue what they are doing.

CEO

This is strange. We haven’t had a concierge work at makosi for over 3 years. I’m quite sure you’re not a current or former employee. Either way, I’d be happy to chat to understand your experience with us.

5. 2.0

Work Enviroment

Jun 7, 2019 - Vice President in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is good if you have a good project

Cons

They won't support you when your project ends

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee

The experience was great

Mar 20, 2019 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Makosi provides a great opportunity to learn and grow in a short period of time. The secondment was a great experience.

Cons

None. The secondment was great!

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Secondment with Makosi

Mar 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Makosi team is super friendly, helpful and considerate every step of the way. The secondment program is definitely something that everyone should consider post articles. Overall, I had a lovely experience being a part of the Makosi family!.

Cons

No cons. I had a good experience with the Company

Be the first to find this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee

The onboarding process was excellent. The team is very interactive and resolved an issue promptly.

Feb 21, 2019 - Finance Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team interaction, support for me and my career goals, and including me in improving benefits etc for the team:)

Cons

There are none so far!

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

INCREDIBLE company that fosters professional AND personal growth

Jan 16, 2019 - Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. The company centers itself around 4 Core Values (Do Everything with Heart, Never Give Up, Always Improving, Get Your Hands Dirty) instead of greediness. One of the things I loved about Makosi from Day 1 is their team mentality. The staff is very close-knit, and every person in the company - no matter the job title - is treated with respect. I've never been part of a company where I felt truly valued and cared for. The company is selective about their employees because they only hire people who will benefit both the company both is terms of profit as well as company culture. To Makosi, if someone has a stellar business background, but lacks the company's Core Values (in other words, if a person is good for the company's profitability but not the Makosi team), then that person is not a good fit for Makosi. The people on the Makosi team encourage, motivate, push, and help each other. Having employees who all live-out their Core Values day in and day out truly makes all the difference in the world in team functionality, and thus company success. It was a privilege to work for Makosi. The only reason we parted ways was because the company presented me with an opportunity for a management level position with an affiliated company. I think this is a testament to Makosi's investment in the growth and success of their employees as well as their belief in promoting from within. The work life balance is superb. They respect the fact that employees have personal lives in addition to their professional ones. I cannot say enough good things about the company. When I was interviewing for a Recruiter position, I thought the company seemed too good to be true. However, I can say that they practice what they preach, and the company BEYOND exceeded my expectations.

Cons

The only reason I could foresee someone not enjoying working for Makosi would be if that person was looking for an easy 9-5 job and not career-driven. Recruitment is not for the faint of heart so even though Makosi is an incredible company, if you don't have a tenacious spirit and a drive/want to do well, then this business (not just Makosi) isn't a good fit.

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 3.0

AVP

Nov 30, 2018 - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- You can negotiate your daily rate - Someone else is searching for your next job but your next job is not guaranteed - Don't have to report to anyone except the client you are working for

Cons

- I would not consider the company to be the type of consulting firm you think it may be. You are basically and external contractor for the company that is considered to be your "client" - Not sure how serious they take your signed contract

Viewing 1 - 10 of 89 Reviews
</>Embed

Makosi Reviews FAQs

Makosi has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 158 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at Makosi to a friend and 89% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Makosi employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Makosi. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

96% of Makosi employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Makosi 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Makosi to be benefits, management, career development and the cons to be work life balance .