KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Makrwatch Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2020

Found 6 of over 7 reviews

4.9

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for!

Jul 22, 2020 - Business Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the fast pace and constant evolution of a start-up company. We are always encouraged to grow and have the autonomy to try new things and make decisions without being afraid of making mistakes. It's a very collaborative and positive environment. Flexible schedule, I can choose my hours and are measured by the outcome of my work rather than hours spent in the "office." The remote location allows saving time, money, and have a work-life balance. The amount of paid time off is much higher than the average in the US. Great Parental leave plan Remote office budget allowance. People and ethics are above profit.

Cons

Some times working remotely can feel lonely and we miss the serendipitous interactions we would have on a physical environment. There are not health or retirement benefits plans

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Working at Makrwatch has been an amazing experience in all fronts!

Jul 11, 2020 - Account Manager in Glen Allen, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There’s a ton of room for professional growth while loving what you do every day! What I like the most is the autonomy granted to make decisions, implement your ideas and work schedule flexibility since we are a remote company. The team is small but powerful, we have members from all over the world making the work environment fun and enriching! Makrwatch is growing exponentially, making it a challenging fast paced work environment! To be able to keep up with it, we have a strong culture that enhances self learning allowing you to develop new skills & to have a constant flow of ideas that ultimately result in helping shape & build the amazing company we strive to be. Work/Life balance is one of our most important cultural values which is amazing. You also get the opportunity to travel while working from anywhere in the world.

Cons

Independent Contractor (No insurance, you have to file your own taxes, etc). Constantly changing & challenging (only applicable if you're not someone that likes this kind of fast paced work environment)

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Spoiler Alert: Fantastic Company

Jul 24, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Makrwatch for 2.5 years, and had one of the best experiences of my life working here! Makrwatch really encourages self-growth, autonomy, and teamwork. Notable pros: 1- Complete schedule flexibility. At Makrwatch, you are your own boss. You can make your own schedule (as long as you're available for certain meetings). 2- Autonomy: Since Makrwatch is still a small team, you hit the ground running from day 1. You will be largely the owner of the projects you are working on. 3- Collaboration: Despite being remote, collaboration is a huge part of the company. Everyone encourages you to ask questions, seek help and make each other better. 4- Study time. 20% of your time is reserved for study time, which allows for immense improvements in your knowledge base. 5- Great PTO Structure. At Makrwatch, you get 32 days off per year, which are yours to take whenever you like. We don't get country holidays, but that's because those are factored into the 32 days, and it is way better to be able to bundle these as you like!

Cons

1- Personally, the biggest and perhaps only real con I can find about Makrwatch is the "industry" growth opportunity. The reason for this is the remote nature of the company. Since we are remote, there are fewer opportunities to make industry connections. Don't get me wrong, these definitely exist, they are just a bit rarer than what you are used to in "traditional" companies.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best company I've worked for

Jul 13, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for multiple companies: small agency, multinational, scale-up, and Makrwatch. By far, this is the job I've enjoyed the most, for multiple reasons: - Flexibility to live anywhere you want and with the schedule you prefer; - Accountability: no one is going to evaluate your work based on the time you spend on your desk, you have the autonomy and responsibility to achieve the goals you've set and work hard without being pressured; - Values - we really strive to learn on the job (we have paid study time!) and stand up for what we believe. We have space to share our learnings and improve ourselves into becoming better professionals and, more importantly, better humans. The list could go on, but if anyone is looking into working at Makrwatch, these would me my highlights!

Cons

Being an independent contractor; there's no fixed of structure and work/goals can change quickly (but that's the beauty of it, right?). Not seeing your colleagues often (in person) can also be an inconvenient depending on each person's personality, but we still manage to hang out virtually with each other!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best place to work and grow!

Jul 22, 2020 - Account Director in Bogotá, Bogota, Bogota
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at Makrwatch for 2.5 years now, and it has been one of the best experiences of my professional and personal life. Since day one, I have been trusted and challenged to do my best. Makrwatch offers all the options for you to scale as a professional and take your career as far as you want to. What I like the most about Makrwatch is the strong culture and values it has, where people go above anything else, diversity and transparency play a crucial role, and you are always encouraged to be the best version of yourself. I recently had a baby, and I will always be grateful for having the opportunity to count with a paid parental leave, it gave me the chance and time to be with my baby and fully recovered before coming back to work. There's the flexibility to work from wherever you want and whenever suits you best! The team is fantastic, we all are from different parts of the world, everyone has something interesting to teach you, and the work environment is the best. You feel like you have known everyone for years! We all get to meet each other on the yearly retreat, which is fantastic, even if we don't see each other physically, we are all very close and caring for each other. I also love that everyone is helpful, approachable, and empathetic. If you are a self-learner, striving to grow and looking for a challenging professional path, then you'll love Makrwatch as much as I do. We are always encouraged to study and learn, which is why we have paid study time, this helps tremendously to grow and become better at a professional and personal level. To sum, I will always feel proud and grateful to be part of this amazing company!

Cons

Being an independent contractor. The remote life can sometimes become a little bit lonely (but nothing that a virtual Coffee meeting can't solve).

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Can't praise this wonderful company highly enough!

Jul 21, 2020 - Client Services Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at Makrwatch for a long time (I was their first hire!). There's a reason I have stayed at the company so long and it's because of several reasons: - I truly believe it would be very hard to find a better place to work in terms of values and culture. -We have a wonderful team and working here is fun, challenging, enjoyable, even exhilarating at times, and of course, as a growing startup, it's very fast-paced. In other words, never boring! -The people that work here are ambitious, love big challenges, and are focused on continuous professional and self-improvement which is infectious and inspiring. -The company's future is very bright - as someone who has been there from the very beginning, I have seen first-hand how far we've come, what we have achieved from literally nothing, and most importantly, the decision-making process behind a lot of the steps that have taken us to where we are today. Our growth over the past few years has been exponential, and I'm very confident that Makrwatch will continue to grow on this path to become a hugely successful company in the future. -Company culture has been a priority from day one - and it's rare to find a company that truly puts people first and goes out of their way to approach problems from a human-centric point of view. -Career opportunities and advancements are there for you to take them but you have to have initiative, be determined, and show results. If you can do this, moving into a new area of the company, or starting a new project is all yours! -Personally, some of my best memories over the last few years are thanks to Makrwatch and the team that makes up this great company - it's been a great journey and I can't wait to see what the next chapter of the company has in store!

Cons

The downside of working for a 100% remote company is that most of the team are contractors (due to legal reasons, and unless you are a US resident in which case you can be an employee) so your status is usually as a self-employed person in your country of residence making things more complicated than if you were an employee. You don't have an office environment where you can hang out and get to know teammates on a more personal basis. However, the company tries to compensate for this virtually.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews