Maldonado Medical Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

1.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brandon J Maldonado

1. "Not as bad as everyone says"

Former Employee - Pickup Driver in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Pickup Driver in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

I worked as a pickup driver for about six months and then was promoted to the inside with a raise, not bad for only being there for six months. They always had potlucks and different type of fun events for the employees. The owners were great and always listened when I needed something, Senior (the dad) even bought us the MLB package so we could listen to the game while we worked. The Christmas party's were super fun and they often had happy hour get togethers. I was planning on staying there for a while but my wife and I stumbled upon a new opportunity that we couldn't pass up!

Cons

There were a few bad seeds but the owners were great and I'm sure they are weeding them out like every company out there. Owning my own company now I realize it's hard to find the right employees and always please everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard!

2. "Maldonados/Maxims are Perplexing"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Maldonado Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Grab your first med job. Learn from and engage surgeons in your first med job. Learn from a nepotistic organization. Learn that a nepotistic org is inherently disjointed, in disarray and disfunctional at its best and confounding at its worst. Become engaged with and repulsed by young, sad, manipulated, naive, father figure seeking management.

Cons

Working for almost or about a year with no commission program because I trusted a family to do the one thing they promised. Working for a year and feeling I should be grateful for a bonus of a couple hundred after they promised I could make mid-six figures at plan. Having to defend their business model in front of surgeons when the surgeon was not feeling it ethical nor moral the Maldo revenue steam. Having to engage a young, naive, manipulated manager who had, sadly, no skill set to earn nor keep said manager position. Having to listen to senior management promise then break promise about leadership programs track, enrichment of sales skills meetings via internet with senior level (nepotism) people and engage with AZ HR who only have certificates and night degrees for their positions. Lastly, to be vilified and eviscerated in an LA Times article in 2014 by Lazurus who implied their business is shady and trips on the line of ethical. My people say, "Ya es sifuente"!

Advice to Management

Nepotism never listens unless you are sangre. I would feel immortal, unethical and have low-T if I were sangre.

"IT Team"

Former Employee - IT Team Lead in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - IT Team Lead in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Maldonado Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NONE. All the positive feedback on this company is an employee ordered internally by one of the brothers to offset the 1 star rating to a 1.5. Shady.

Cons

Where do I start?! This is a family owned LLC so every family member likes to stick its nose in everything. One person tells you something, you do it, and the other brother or the dad punishes you for it. Communication is so bad and they like to procrastinate a lot. They promise growth but in all reality it is a ruse to get the most out of you and throw you away like garbage. They are the shadiest company.

Advice to Management

Humble yourself, don't yell, and wash your hands after using the bathroom.

"Con Artist"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Maldonado Medical (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job that will help me get a job at my ideal workplace

Cons

Horrible management. The company is owned by father and sons but the sons changed their name because the father is known as a con-artist with a criminal background.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like slaves and disrespecting them. Sell the company before it goes under or you are indicted.

"Poor execution led by unmotivated and unorganized leadership"

Former Employee - Management in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Management in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Maldonado Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro of this organization is the location and building

Cons

I'm my professional career, I have never worked for a company that was more disorganized. The father of the presidents runs this place like a dictatorship and constantly fires people who don't agree with his immoral methodologies. His intolerable personality mixed with his oblivious knowledge of what the organization does is the recipe for disaster. The only reason this company has been around this long is the handful of awesome employees that constantly picked up his dead weight because of the people and employees they are. All of those key people are now with other companies. They will hire you, and fire you as soon as they hit the goal they needed. Most of the hiring they do is fix a huge problem and they are so far behind then need more human capital. Once that goal is achieved you will be fired. The longest anyone who is still there that has been with the company is 3 years. That is one person. The rest are around a year which says a lot about a company when it doesn't have any type of retention or senior employees.

Advice to Management

Pack it up, and go home. Stop using fear, immorality, and dishonesty to make a buck.

"Always being watched"

Former Employee - Healthcare Claims Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Healthcare Claims Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Maldonado Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honestly I can't think of any other than its a job and it paid the bills.
    Great location right off the 101.

Cons

Poor Pay for the amount of work they want you to do.
    Promises made and never kept.
    Favoritism.
    Terrible HR depatment and by department I mean the single per they have attempting to do it.
    Accusations are thrown around everywhere.

Advice to Management

Stop constantly watching your employees and treating them like children. We're all adults lets act like it. Oh and don't pretend to care about you employees they can see right through it.

"Not a good company to work for at all"

Former Employee - Pick Ups Driver in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Pick Ups Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Maldonado Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Other than a few great co-workers I've met there that I now consider my friends, there are absolutely no pros about this company at all. A matter of fact, the only pro about this company is when it eventually goes out of business, which I'm certain will happen sometime in the near future. Oh, and the building has air conditioning.

Cons

Communication seems to be a big problem over there, especially with upper management. There isn't any accountability amongst the employees whatsoever. The employees who constantly make mistakes never receive corrective action or the proper training to do their jobs effectively while the employees who always do well has no choice but to put up with it. It is a classic case of the blind leading the blind at that place. There is a lot of favoritism there, especially amongst the male owners and managers and male employees. Even though the company is primarily made up of females, and most of their top employees are females, they are disregarded and looked down upon by ownership and upper management. I guess it's a lot easier for the male owners and managers to bully and intimidate women employees, which is the only thing they do well....just about everyone fears for their jobs almost on a daily basis. Their Human Resources Department is the worst I've ever experienced. They are just there to give everyone the illusion that there are people there who actually care, but they don't. Those meetings they hold every month are useless and uninformative at best. Thank you for the stale bagels and for wasting the employees precious time....that's 30 minutes a month they will never get back, and many months of disappointment for working at such a shady company.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending that you're this big time company that is filled with endless opportunities and who values their employees, because you're not. Stop hiring good employees and firing them for no reason, and stop treating the employees who still work there like garbage. Just because they don't want to be part of your favoritism club and conform to your crooked ways, doesn't mean that they should be treated with disrespect. Sell the company and get some owners and managers in there that actually care about their employees, and do it as soon as possible because time is quickly running out. You've already been exposed as the crooks that you are, hence the number of ongoing lawsuits against you. It's only a matter of time before the lights permanently go out at the Maldonado Medical offices. Unless of course the owners do something about it.

"Unequivocally most incompetent owners/management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Maldonado Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you want to work in a demeaning harassing environment this is the place for you!

Cons

Uneducated owners that expect everyone to buy into their self righteous beliefs and shady business practices.
    Require employees to work around the clock without compensation

Advice to Management

Your employees do not respect you or your barbarian family that stomp through the office beating their chests , swearing, harrassing and belittling your employees.

"Liars"

Former Employee - Administrative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Administrative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Maldonado Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any...even the "friends" I made there turned out to be awful

Cons

Plenty! The business practices are totally unethical...they will be shut down I am sure. It's an illegal business. They talk like they are doing this for the "patient" but in reality it's all about $$$$. They offices are in absolute chaos , promises are made and NEVER followed through on. They ignore any concern or need of their general employees and shower their "favorites" with attention and love , when in reality I don't actually know what anyones real "job" is there. There's no training , rediculous micro management , and unethical firing of employees. Don't buy into the hype , it's all a joke , an absolute joke.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring nice , ethical people and bring them down to your level. You are crooks and will be put away someday.

"It started out great but was a horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Experience, weekends off, holidays off, some nice employees, hours

Cons

Management are bullies. Constant yelling by the owners. Illegal practices. They fire great employees. No communication at all. Constantly being watched.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your HR.